India-Forums

Bigg Boss Season 4
Bigg Boss Season 4

Supporting the underdog

desivalues Senior Member
desivalues
desivalues

Posted: 16 December 2010 at 4:22pm | IP Logged
I am thinking. Why have I written a few posts about Veena in the past few days? I think that I see shades of a heroine here. An underdog battling the odds. A woman of conservative background, among unknown people who want to eliminate her; no godfather, no contacts, no voter base.. She has to survive on her own merit.
She has shades of grey and many human weaknesses as most starring characters have these days. Yet, the audience's heart beats in support of the underdog.

Viewbie's Note: This post was edited to remove the words 'a conservative nation'.

Edited by sarah1024 - 18 December 2010 at 8:41am

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

naimagulamardeeptanya12pawancool-shabz-Omshanti1111

Mrs-KaranKundra IF-Sizzlerz
Mrs-KaranKundra
Mrs-KaranKundra

Posted: 16 December 2010 at 5:25pm | IP Logged
sorry dude u r alone here who is miss cheap's fan
sorry :))
i used to  like her , i am seeing her since i was 8 and i saw her first film in lahore....
now i have lost all respect for her....she is bringing shame to paksitan

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Vino_lastranger11

desivalues Senior Member
desivalues
desivalues

Posted: 16 December 2010 at 6:54pm | IP Logged
You seem to know her from long. Please tell us why you used to like her earlier. What do you know about her from the past? If you have been seeing here since you were 8 years old, Veena must be pretty old. Or did you mean that you have been seeing her since she was 8 years old?

What happened in Big Boss that has made you change your mind? How is an individual participant in a reality show bringing shame to Pakistan?

I am genuinely interested in understanding the situation. Thanks for taking the time.

Originally posted by mrs.karan.kundr

sorry dude u r alone here who is miss cheap's fan
sorry :))
i used to  like her , i am seeing her since i was 8 and i saw her first film in lahore....
now i have lost all respect for her....she is bringing shame to paksitan
desivalues Senior Member
desivalues
desivalues

Posted: 16 December 2010 at 7:15pm | IP Logged
It is so sad that people are considering her to be a representative of a nation or religion. She has not claimed to be one. She is just an actor who is participating in a reality show.
Imagine any Indian actor participating in a reality show in Pakistan. How do his/ her individual actions have a bearing on India as a nation?
That aside, if Veena were truly to be representative of at least a percentage of Pakistani people, it would be a far more progressive nation and much safer for other people inside and outside Pakistan. She has only proved that Pakistanis are as loving as people from any other country and just as human (have both personal strengths and weaknesses).

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

pawancool

ShahZur IF-Sizzlerz
ShahZur
ShahZur

Posted: 16 December 2010 at 7:44pm | IP Logged
I heard she was the one who used to fix the matches on Asif's behalf!!!! That's y she wants to stay in India now.

Vino_lafire_gun

Omshanti1111 IF-Sizzlerz
Omshanti1111
Omshanti1111

Posted: 16 December 2010 at 7:44pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by desivalues

I am thinking. Why have I written a few posts about Veena in the past few days? I think that I see shades of a heroine here. An underdog battling the odds. A woman of conservative background, from a conservative nation, among unknown people who want to eliminate her; no godfather, no contacts, no voter base.. She has to survive on her own merit.
She has shades of grey and many human weaknesses as most starring characters have these days. Yet, the audience's heart beats in support of the underdog.

you actually have made a very good point. I feel Veena Malik actually is what she is projecting herself, like she is after men and she does not hide that. And she is like this from the beginning, but still she is in the show. Why? because organisers want her for the show, to run the show...it is very possible that she will not be the winner, but she is a very important inmate who adds what the organisers need to run the show and thats the reason she is still in the show.

May be someone else will win the title, but BB4 will always be remembered among few, for Veena Malik...she is bad, she is this, she is that...but she adds spice to the show...if she had gone out five weeks back, what entertainement was left in the show.

I dont understand, why the country is being brought up here. She is just an inmate, who happens to be a citizen of Pakistan. Neither Pakistan has sent to represent the country nor she is projecting herself always as Pakistani. She is all alone in the show...
even her so-called friend Ashmit might not be concerned about her, or she also might be just using Ashmit, as she has noone there.

pawancool-shabz-

forums_girl Senior Member
forums_girl
forums_girl

Posted: 16 December 2010 at 7:46pm | IP Logged
Here is what I think; Shades of heroine? Whts up with all the "sexual " "seductive (awkward) faces! :S
Conservative background, but does not at all seem to be conservative, "main khubsoorat hoon, toh main ayse kapre kyun nahi mehnu?" (Veena)
If she wouldnt be all "ouuu ahhhh" on Assmeat, then she would have been out longgg backk...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Vino_la

Khushalay Goldie
Khushalay
Khushalay

Posted: 16 December 2010 at 7:49pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by desivalues

I am thinking. Why have I written a few posts about Veena in the past few days? I think that I see shades of a heroine here. An underdog battling the odds. A woman of conservative background, from a conservative nation, among unknown people who want to eliminate her; no godfather, no contacts, no voter base.. She has to survive on her own merit.
I dont agree with these lines

Edited by Khushalay - 16 December 2010 at 7:53pm

Go to top