India-Forums

Fan Fictions
Fan Fictions

Theater love - AR new story.

U-No-Poo IF-Sizzlerz
U-No-Poo
U-No-Poo

Posted: 16 December 2010 at 3:38pm | IP Logged
so I decided to write a new fic on dance since it's a very important part of my life as of now. it's the only thing that inspires me and something I feel really passionate about (besides writing but that keeps losing it's fizz) so I decided to combine both. that doesn't make sense.

anyway, here's an intro and let me know what you think =)

p.s - AR for me is still KaSh and will always be. 

INTRO.

'Hello, Armaan right? I was told that you're my partner'

'Yeah, that's right'

'I'm Ridhima'

'Nice to meet you'

They both shook hands and exchanged smiles. The only feeling that occupied both their brains right now was excitement. It was going to be their first performance as a part of the repertory company of the International dance academy. They had finally made it through the final stage of the academy and had been accepted in the company. But for quite a few of them, it was only the start of the journey.

'We have to go meet Neil sir to see the choreography at...', she checked her wrist watch, '11 am. It's 10:45 right now'

'We should head for him now. Heard he doesn't have a soft corner for late-lateefs', Armaan replied with a smile. Ridhima chuckled and nodded. They both entered the building. It was big and welcoming. Welcoming, because Armaan and Ridhima felt that it could somehow recognize the passion and fire that they both bred within them. The walls were adorned with pictures of timeless dancers who had performed for the company. 

They reached the studio that had been assigned for their dance piece and entered. Neil Mahesh Fernandez, one of the main choreographers for company was there with his assistant, and seemed to be engaged in an important conversation. Armaan and Ridhima made their way towards them and stared at each other. They shared the same concern, should they or should they not interrupt his conversation? They were new; they didn't want anything to go wrong.

But before they would have to do anything, he noticed them, 'Aah! on time. I love you two already. So, are you ready to perform for the very first time?', his voice was packed with excitement as he clapped his hands together, grinning from ear to ear. He was a tall man, about 6' 3'', lean and had quite an impressive face. 

Armaan and Ridhima both smiled and nodded. 'Super!', he replied and immediately started moving about the studio, whilst talking, 'By the way, this is Swati, my assistant choreographer', he gestured towards the girl he was talking to, 'but we can do the introductions later. I've heard alot about you two so we have high hopes, okay?' 

'Absolutely', said Ridhima. She could almost walk forward and touch his enthusiasm and excitement. It was contagious and palpable. The adrenaline rush had already begun to kick in as she followed suit and started walking around too, observing everything closely. 

'So basically, it's a contemporary piece and your theme is sexual abuse'

Ridhima stopped in her tracks and looked at Neil. It wasn't a shock, but she definitely wasn't expecting this. She looked at Armaan who was still standing at the same spot, intently listening to Neil. He was seemingly unaffected by the seriousness of their theme. 

Neil continued, 'None of you are going to play the victims. You're going to be the parents of the victim. You see', he started moving around again, 'you have to depict what the parents of such a traumatized child go through, how they cope with the pain that their daughter holds within herself, the extent they can go to make her life better again', there was strong emotion in his voice, Armaan could sense it. He felt that he had probably been witness to such an incident at some point of his life, and wanted to express it through this piece. 

They spent another hour discussing the details of the show, the rest of the cast and combination of songs to be used. Everything was still tentative because the final show was still 3 months away. But now that they had heard the story, 3 months seemed like a very short period of time to bring it to life on stage.

'We're going to start with the choreography now. Are you nervous?', Neil asked.

'Not at all', Armaan replied in a calm tone. Ridhima chose to stay silent and felt that her silence was the appropriate answer. 

'Before we start, I want to tell you both something - We're fools whether we dance or not, so we might as well dance'

'Who said that?', asked Ridhima.

'I don't know. Some japanese guy, but that's not important, what's important is that it completely changed my life. Let's start the choreography', he said and walked towards his i-pod.

so, what do you think? I'm hoping that I will not abandon this one halfway through and will actually manage to finish it LOL please give me some feedback!

also, if someone interested in watching a good dance film then you should check out center stage and westside story - amazing films Smile

Edited by CZ.. - 09 January 2011 at 3:03am

The following 37 member(s) liked the above post:

sana.r..Zahra..cutie13sasyahere-i-amnIhArIkAaisha_ranbir8cuteshilpaqt4ever_Afrin_yongshinfalcon.starAltairadisco_divascorpio95_Ananya_mischiefdesire_20cutiepreetuntilwhenever21kavyaaScatteredCastlemoonlight2630dhruvikaluvsKSG-wild-pixie_nAMMY12shonagudiazhasan2PrasanthiKaSh_luvNorznidha1983DulceTentacion.noseasyncfelicitysmoak.-GoogleWithMe-

falcon.star Goldie
falcon.star
falcon.star

Posted: 16 December 2010 at 3:51pm | IP Logged
wow.... loved it .... wat an intro.... looks interesting.... plzz Pm me next time u update,.. look forward to ur FF

and yes for me KASH is AR  too.... so its a mutual thing.. Smile 

love
Taliah

Edited by Tia_0810 - 16 December 2010 at 3:51pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

U-No-Poo

_Afrin_ Goldie
_Afrin_
_Afrin_

Posted: 16 December 2010 at 3:56pm | IP Logged
nice starting.......................loved the concept....................
I can totally imagine KaSh...................Day Dreaming
plz add me to ur pm list & cont soon...........................
Afrin

U-No-Poo

KaSh_luv IF-Sizzlerz
KaSh_luv
KaSh_luv

Posted: 16 December 2010 at 3:59pm | IP Logged
omg awesome! luved da intro....
lukin forward to see how da story unfolds... lol n hopefully u wont abandon it...(u'v dun it before? uh oh..)
oh n luvin da fact dat it's based around dance...
do send be a PM wen u update...

U-No-Poo

desire_20 IF-Dazzler
desire_20
desire_20

Posted: 16 December 2010 at 4:19pm | IP Logged
i likeeeee! please continue n keep me updated! seems veryyy nice!

U-No-Poo

Norz IF-Sizzlerz
Norz
Norz

Posted: 16 December 2010 at 11:12pm | IP Logged
omg awesome! luved da intro....
lukin forward to see how da story unfolds
do pm me

U-No-Poo

Prasanthi IF-Rockerz
Prasanthi
Prasanthi

Posted: 17 December 2010 at 12:09am | IP Logged
Point one. Wow Lizi! FF on dance, I am all in to dance to your tunes here. Hehehe. I liked it till now and I am sure will continue liking it. You have started with a very delicate yet interesting concept for their dance. I want to read more now. When is the next part? Smile

Point two. Kindly do not abandon this one. I'll be upset if you do so. Unhappy

Point three. Why did I not receive a PM for this. You have forgotten me?!  Shocked

U-No-Poo

AMMY12 IF-Rockerz
AMMY12
AMMY12

Posted: 17 December 2010 at 12:35am | IP Logged
hey frnd the start was realy good. And the cncpt is also very new.
Plz add me in ur pm list.
Update soon.
T.c.
Anuj.

Go to top