Fashion and Beauty

India-Forums

Fashion and Beauty
Fashion and Beauty

Need help for my Sociology Project (Page 4)

Real.Madrid IF-Sizzlerz
Real.Madrid
Real.Madrid

Posted: 16 December 2010 at 3:28pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ~angelz16~

Q. Do you think it is right for celebrities to endorse fairness products in a country like India with majority of people having naturally dusky skin complexion?

I think majority of India has normal brown skin .. I dunt really know wht Dusky skin is but Isn't dusky quite dark ?  Embarrassed

Edited by HiphopStahKiran - 16 December 2010 at 3:30pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Mehak_Luvs_Rani

anku- IF-Sizzlerz
anku-
anku-

Posted: 16 December 2010 at 3:33pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by HiphopStahKiran

Q. Do you think it is right for celebrities to endorse fairness products in a country like India with majority of people having naturally dusky skin complexion?

I think majority of India has normal brown skin .. Isn't dusky quite dark ?  Embarrassed

Ahh. U can say that I guess. Then we change the question...lol. What should we write then? Natural brown skin? Brown wouldn't be 100% correct as well, I think yaar. So, we need to get the right term. Since its questionnaire we cant even put both. Or shud we make it like...

Q. Do you think it is right for celebrities to endorse fairness products in a country like India with majority of people having naturally dusky to brown skin complexion?

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Real.MadridMehak_Luvs_Rani

Real.Madrid IF-Sizzlerz
Real.Madrid
Real.Madrid

Posted: 16 December 2010 at 3:35pm | IP Logged

Ahh. U can say that I guess. Then we change the question...lol. What should we write then? Natural brown skin? Brown wouldn't be 100% correct as well, I think yaar. So, we need to get the right term. Since its questionnaire we cant even put both. Or shud we make it like...

Q. Do you think it is right for celebrities to endorse fairness products in a country like India with majority of people having naturally dusky to brown skin complexion?

Yah thats sounds better... thought its a bit long :| LOL

Mehak_Luvs_Rani

anku- IF-Sizzlerz
anku-
anku-

Posted: 16 December 2010 at 3:40pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by HiphopStahKiran

Yah thats sounds better... thought its a bit long :| LOL

I think dark skinned should be good. Just googled...short as well LOL Like we are putting majority u know. Not all. So, shud be fine, isn't it? New question again...lolz.

Q. Do you think it is right for celebrities to endorse fairness products in a country like India with majority of people having naturally dark skin complexion?

Mehak, u can follow this up with another question:--

Q. As celebrities are considered as idols, do you think such endorsments by them would lower the confidence level of youth with dark skin?

--
Trying to think of a better word than 'lower the confidence'. Any suggestion anyone?

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

jesss.Real.MadridMehak_Luvs_Rani

jesss. IF-Sizzlerz
jesss.
jesss.

-

Posted: 16 December 2010 at 3:43pm | IP Logged
Akanshka I like ur questions

Mehak_Luvs_Rani

anku- IF-Sizzlerz
anku-
anku-

Posted: 16 December 2010 at 3:53pm | IP Logged
Uptil now.....

According to you, do fairness creams actually work?
(a)Yes
(b)No
(c)Maybe
(d)Sometimes

OR better framed question:-

According to you, is it really possible to become fair with these fairness creams?
(a)Yes
(b)No
(c)Maybe
(d)Sometimes

=*=*=

Q. Do you think it is right for celebrities to endorse fairness products in a country like India with majority of people having naturally dark skin complexion?

Mehak, u can follow this up with another question:--

Q. As celebrities are considered as idols, do you think such endorsments by them would lower the confidence level of youth with dark skin?

=*=*=

Q. Do you think being fair is overrated in India?

=*=*=

Q. Do you think that the level of fairness of skin is an overriding factor in deciding whether the person is beautiful or not as compared to a person's character, intelligence and other essential personality traits that make people complete as individuals?

OR...

Q. Do you think that the level of fairness of skin is an overriding factor in deciding whether the person is beautiful or not as compared to other essential personality traits that make people complete as individuals?

^...It's a little long but I think it's one of the better questions from the above you know.
Thinking more.

Edited by ~angelz16~ - 16 December 2010 at 4:02pm

Mehak_Luvs_Rani

anku- IF-Sizzlerz
anku-
anku-

Posted: 16 December 2010 at 3:54pm | IP Logged
Thanks Jessy =)

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

jesss.Mehak_Luvs_Rani

DulceTentacion. IF-Sizzlerz
DulceTentacion.
DulceTentacion.

Posted: 16 December 2010 at 4:02pm | IP Logged
Here's one question which i made up just now lol.

Q. Do you think being Fair or Dark affects a Person's Self-esteem and confidence? If yes How? and Why?

Sorry if i wasnt much of a help...am stuck doing my Assignment LOL. Uni sucks at times man. Cant wait till i finish all my work. :)

Anyways dont worry! and Wish you all the best with your work Chudial :) Am sure you will finish it on time. <3

Mehak_Luvs_Rani

Go to top