Anjum's journalism experience helped her

Posted: 13 years ago

Anjum Farooki
Anjum Farooki may be portraying a medical student in Balika Vadhu on Colors, but in reality, she's studying mass communication.

Very few know that Anjum has even worked as a journalist with a website. She ended her stint in journalism to pursue her dream and become a creative director. While in her pursuit to get behind the camera, she was asked to audition for Balika Vadhu.

Talking about her experience in front of the camera, she says, "I had no experience when it came to acting. But as a journalist, I have been to various shoots and watched scenes being shot and rehearsed. One always cherishes such memories and they helped me move further in my career." So, does she enjoy all the attention? "I quit journalism to become a creative director. So that will be my next step. As far as attention is concerned, who doesn't like to be appreciated?"

Talking about her equation with Jagdish, played by Shashank Vyas, she says, "Shashank and I rehearse our scenes and that really helps us while shooting the sequence." Anjum is now looking forward to shooting with the entire cast. "I have yet not had any scenes with Surekhaji, Anupji, Smitaji or even Anandi, but yes, Shashank and I have got along like a house on fire," she says.

Read more: Anjum's journalism experience helped her - The Times of India http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv-/Anjums-journalism-experience-helped-her/articleshow/7111763.cms#ixzz18JQ9oc57
Originally posted by ammoos

Talking about her equation with Jagdish, played by Shashank Vyas, she says, "Shashank and I rehearse our scenes and that really helps us while shooting the sequence." Anjum is now looking forward to shooting with the entire cast. "I have yet not had any scenes with Surekhaji, Anupji, Smitaji or even Anandi, but yes, Shashank and I have got along like a house on fire," she says.

oye hoye...................toh gauri ka haveli ana pakka!
achha hai..........jaldi aaja..................varna anandi ghar se nehin jayegi...........nehin jayegi toh dadisa uska kuchh bhala nehin hone degi!
cvs plsss track ko jaldi lao................drag mat karo plsssssssssssssss!

one thing i can't understand................BV is not her 1st serialπŸ˜•................she was the grown up anatra.......in "apki antara"...................haan woh jaldi bandh hogaya par....................acting ka experience toh hai daily soaps main!!..................jhoot q bol rahi hai!!..............jagiya character ko kuchh jyada hi pasand karti hai sayad!πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†
Edited by khusi_* - 13 years ago
oh she has to come to haveli kyonki dadisaa ko gauri kaa photo pasand nahi aaya πŸ˜‰so jhagdaa toh honaa hii hai.......waiting in anticipation of DS vs gauri..😍.kuch din anandi free ho jaayegi DS ke taunting se...😍
Originally posted by pjyo

oh she has to come to haveli kyonki dadisaa ko gauri kaa photo pasand nahi aaya πŸ˜‰so jhagdaa toh honaa hii hai.......waiting in anticipation of DS vs gauri..😍.kuch din anandi free ho jaayegi DS ke taunting se...😍
Anything for Anandi's educationπŸ‘πŸΌπŸ˜Ž Gauri hai tho wohi sahi.. we need someone in support of Gehna fighting daisa...while ANandi will be studying.. Ultimate aim is an educated Anandi and dadisa's realisation that being a doormat beendini is not a woman's aim😈 Edited by ammoos - 13 years ago
Originally posted by ammoos

Anything for Anandi's educationπŸ‘πŸΌπŸ˜Ž Gauri hai tho wohi sahi.. we need someone in support of Gehna fighting daisa...while ANandi will be studying.. Ultimate aim is an educated Anandi and dadisa's realisation that being a doormat beendini is not a woman's aim😈
Exactly πŸ‘πŸΌ    an educated anandi would be an inspiration to  the numerous other balika vadhus who have been left behind in life ..Anandi has played victim too long,πŸ€”somewhere the protagonist of the serial should also win  not just dadisa all the time........
now is the time to change her attitude-start to think about herself for a change,take up education and maybe become a teacher herself😍  (because that was what SHE wanted...) thus helping a lot of girls ,phooli ofcourse will join  herπŸ˜‰even find an educated good "phoola"...😍
If gauri comes to haveli and bosses over even dadisaa ,not listening to a single order of hers then only she will realise anandi's value.😍.so gauri -jaldi aao dadisaa kii baand bajaao..πŸ₯³
.heheπŸ˜†iam daydreaming too much........😍  .😍    
Dadisa realising Anandi's value will be at the very end but can be tolerated only if Anandi decides to think about herself and not about others except Phooli and Gulli.. They are her soulmates....
Originally posted by khusi_*

oye hoye...................toh gauri ka haveli ana pakka!
achha hai..........jaldi aaja..................varna anandi ghar se nehin jayegi...........nehin jayegi toh dadisa uska kuchh bhala nehin hone degi!
cvs plsss track ko jaldi lao................drag mat karo plsssssssssssssss!

one thing i can't understand................BV is not her 1st serialπŸ˜•................she was the grown up anatra.......in "apki antara"...................haan woh jaldi bandh hogaya par....................acting ka experience toh hai daily soaps main!!..................jhoot q bol rahi hai!!..............jagiya character ko kuchh jyada hi pasand karti hai sayad!πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†

khushi darling... spot on there!!  jhoot kyu bol rahe hein ye log??  n remember... when prats was introduced, they said she was a fresh face too...  but later we knew she wasnt...  after all its not too hard to find out... why dont these PR guys get the facts ryt before passing it on to the media??
Originally posted by pjyo

funny na...  pehle to unko gauri ka pic behad pasand tha... isi liye to shaadi karvaayi apne pote sey πŸ˜ƒ  DS bhi to kamaal ki dadi saas hai...  even without knowing its her beendni she started her saazon waali dadagiri!! πŸ˜‰
Originally posted by sudss

[

khushi darling... spot on there!!  jhoot kyu bol rahe hein ye log??  n remember... when prats was introduced, they said she was a fresh face too...  but later we knew she wasnt...  after all its not too hard to find out... why dont these PR guys get the facts ryt before passing it on to the media??
infact shasank was also in rista.com ...............but just for 2 mins..............and prats also in raktsambandh but just 4, 3 or 4 scenes.....................they don't ve prominent roles or dialoges at all......................so experience toh nehin bol sakte usko...............πŸ˜†
but anjum was the lead in apki antra...............10 to 15 episode toh kie hain usne..............toh woh  experiencewali hai naa.......πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
but yeh technically speaking haan koi fresh face nehin hai!πŸ˜ƒ
thts what i said... before they make claims, its not really hard for them to check whether they are new comers or not.  and if they had done such short cameo kinda roles, whats wrong in saying tht??