Debate Mansion

Acting - level of comfort?

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

sheenu32

Goldie

sheenu32

Posted: 16 December 2010 at 9:54am | IP Logged
Hey guys .. this is my first topic to be posted here.. I am usually a silent reader here.. but I admire the levels of maturity and the discussions being put up here..
and for this topic I really didn't know where to post.. but i think this section seems quite adequate..

So I watch Geet and Baat Hamari Pakki Haii (on star one and Sony respectively) .. and the thing that astonishes me is the level of comfort or intimacy between the leads.. 

In both shows ( and I am sure many others as well) , the leads continually stare in eyes and have strong physical contact and I was wondering that how are they able to do it? Doesn't it get uncomfortable and its not like a movie that they have to do it for a while and then might not have to do it again.. and most of the leads are not in relationship with each other ..... and if the leads loose that level of comfort due to any inequalities on sets .. that definitely shows on screen..  
I Know I am sounding stupid.. but I am just wondering how are they able to do it.. romanticize and levels of physical intimacy.. they are maintained continuously and despite the fact that leads are not in relationship with each other offscreen??

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

mr.assAngel-likeDevil

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Acting - level of comfort?" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

hindu4lyf

IF-Rockerz

hindu4lyf

Posted: 16 December 2010 at 11:25am | IP Logged
Haha I know that when I'm getting to know someone and haven't known them for very long..I sometimes realise that I've been looking in to their eyes for too long and then try to look away.Embarrassed
I do it all the time when I'm with my friends and family but it feels weird when I'm interacting with someone else.

Coming back to the question you asked..I think it's part of their profession and if they show that they're uncomfortable and nervous on screen, then the viewers will no doubt pick that up and will begin commenting on how the chemistry is lacking and so basically, it shows when the actor isn't in their comfort zone.

I think usually Maan is good when it comes to chemistry but for some strange reason there will be episodes where he goes in to what deedians call 'touch-me-not' modeLOL

GC and DB are obviously deeply in love with one another, if the fans didn't know that by watching the show, then all they need to do is read their blog or watch any of his interviews to see how he goes on and on and on about her. 8-) I'm sure they both have a lot of trust in each other, so it makes things a lot easier for GC, esp. in the 'intimate' scenes. I like DD a lot more though, she knows how to keep her personal and professional life separate. Even in her SBS and SBB interviews, she's always very much in her character, playing the bubbly Geet. 

mr.ass

IF-Rockerz

mr.ass

Posted: 16 December 2010 at 12:31pm | IP Logged
"but I admire the levels of maturity and the discussions being put up here.."

I aim to please, ma'am. Thank you for your compliment. Approve

It's called "method acting" I think, where they really have to feel the way a real person would feel. They get into the character.

Sometimes the role can get to the actor, thats why so many of these actors are depraived, depressed lunatics in real life who drink and do drugs and have affairs.

Good observation!

hindu4lyf

IF-Rockerz

hindu4lyf

Posted: 16 December 2010 at 12:46pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by old-black-joe

It's called "method acting" I think, where they really have to feel the way a real person would feel. They get into the character.

Sometimes the role can get to the actor, thats why so many of these actors are depraived, depressed lunatics in real life who drink and do drugs and have affairs.

Good observation!

I heard method acting that was the cause of Heath Ledger's death.Ouch

I absolutely loved him as the Joker , the guy was SO talented! :(

mr.ass

IF-Rockerz

mr.ass

Posted: 16 December 2010 at 12:57pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by hindu4lyf

Good observation!

I heard method acting that was the cause of Heath Ledger's death.Ouch

I absolutely loved him as the Joker , the guy was SO talented! :(

yeah I loved him in that.. the movie was a bit overrated, I went to it for him and wasnt disappointed Big smile I was SO glad when he won the oscar.

sheenu32

Goldie

sheenu32

Posted: 16 December 2010 at 2:40pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by hindu4lyf

Haha I know that when I'm getting to know someone and haven't known them for very long..I sometimes realise that I've been looking in to their eyes for too long and then try to look away.Embarrassed
I do it all the time when I'm with my friends and family but it feels weird when I'm interacting with someone else.

Coming back to the question you asked..I think it's part of their profession and if they show that they're uncomfortable and nervous on screen, then the viewers will no doubt pick that up and will begin commenting on how the chemistry is lacking and so basically, it shows when the actor isn't in their comfort zone.

I think usually Maan is good when it comes to chemistry but for some strange reason there will be episodes where he goes in to what deedians call 'touch-me-not' modeLOL

GC and DB are obviously deeply in love with one another, if the fans didn't know that by watching the show, then all they need to do is read their blog or watch any of his interviews to see how he goes on and on and on about her. 8-) I'm sure they both have a lot of trust in each other, so it makes things a lot easier for GC, esp. in the 'intimate' scenes. I like DD a lot more though, she knows how to keep her personal and professional life separate. Even in her SBS and SBB interviews, she's always very much in her character, playing the bubbly Geet. 

ye I agree for sure that GC and DB are deeply in love Smile and DD and GC are definitely career oriented and for sure till now they've learnt to keep personal/professional life different.. but there are leads that were completely new..for example Karan and Kritika from KMH.. and they were both new.. and that could be the reason why they ended up together...
I am guessing they learn to control themselvesLOLLOL
if I was playing Geet .. ahh I would never be able to hide my feelings..

sheenu32

Goldie

sheenu32

Posted: 16 December 2010 at 2:41pm | IP Logged

Good observation!

NP Smile
Ye, I heard of method acting.. I guess that's what they learn in acting school

Post Reply New Post

Go to top