Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DheeJattanDi thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 13 years ago
Originally posted by: hindu4lyf

It's not Jayu! It's Jhootiji for you and any other girl that has an eye on him!πŸ˜†
Nothing beats his Punjabi interview. That was HILARIOUS!πŸ˜†

I think my heart skipped a beat when someone decided to update their status with 'Jay Sean is dead'..only to realise a couple of seconds later that she was talking about the campaign! All for a good cause though. :)

I love DD too! and I don't think Brij will be attending her wedding seeing as he is rotting in jail lol

Lol no its Kamluu, But that sounds so πŸ₯± .. So I thought Jayu 🀣
And I completely agree, That punjabi interview was sooww aussum, I've like watched it hundred times or so :| Anyways I am already named Misses Jhooti on JS FC πŸ˜ƒ
Ghehe you know I am actually kinda missing Brij and her family .. I really want a Handa family re-union to happen soon πŸ˜³πŸ˜†
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
*Moderators Note: Reminder. Do not chat in the discussion/debate threads. Use the all purpose threads or chat clubs*
hindu4lyf thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: HiphopStahKiran

Lol no its Kamluu, But that sounds so πŸ₯± .. So I thought Jayu 🀣
And I completely agree, That punjabi interview was sooww aussum, I've like watched it hundred times or so :| Anyways I am already named Misses Jhooti on JS FC πŸ˜ƒ
Ghehe you know I am actually kinda missing Brij and her family .. I really want a Handa family re-union to happen soon πŸ˜³πŸ˜†

Kamluu? LOL I think the word you're looking for is fobby?πŸ˜†
It's ok..you can be Misses Jhooti..I'll be Misses Sean! :P or if you have a problem with that, then I guess I don't really mind being the sautanπŸ˜†

Ahh I miss Brij and co too! I was watching a couple of the older episodes and the show has like completely changed! She can meet her family after the marriage though..no more delay for the marriage and SR pls!πŸ˜›

I can sense a spamming warning on its way. :P
hindu4lyf thumbnail
Haha I knew it was on its way! :P

Sorry RTH!

Hmm, now that I think about it, I think Bollywood has more couples marrying in to a different religion, rather than their own.
Summer3 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: hindu4lyf

Haha I knew it was on its way! :P

Sorry RTH!

Hmm, now that I think about it, I think Bollywood has more couples marrying in to a different religion, rather than their own.

Matter of time when people are allowed to have more than one religion like dual citizenships.
I love many religions so that there is more privacy. It is peaceful when no one pesters you about religion, especially neighbors.
Personally I believe in everything but I think there is much more.Edited by Summer3 - 13 years ago
hindu4lyf thumbnail
Originally posted by: Summer3

Matter of time when people are allowed to have more than one religion like dual citizenships.
I love many religions so that there is more privacy. It is peaceful when no one pesters you about religion, especially neighbors.
Personally I believe in everything but I think there is much more.

Dual citizenship is no longer common here. It used to be once upon a time when immigration from places like Africa and India were at an all time high, but now you need to choose between one of them. Getting citizenship may not be easy anymore either, but getting indefinite leave is becoming more and more common too for people who come here to work.

I'm not so fussed when it comes to people questioning me about religion but I know my mum always tries to avoid it. Every time she fasts on a Monday, she doesn't like it when people ask her 101 questions about it, mostly because a lot of the time people come across as quite ignorant. When I used to work in retail, I always got so many desi customers asking me where i'm from, what my name is and what religion I follow. Eventually, I got annoyed answering their questions and would politely tell them that it's not part of my job description to tell them this information. (this was advice given from my manager herself)
Summer3 thumbnail
Yes my mum fasts twice a week. I do not ask her but all prayers etc are rewarded. Religion is a personal relationship between an individual and the Creator and He does not like others butting in. We just have to respect that much.
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
The beautiful thing about children is that unlike us adults their thought process and imagination is not limited. We as adults get stuck in a rut, in our own ways. Consequently we lose a part of our creativity and innocence, the ability to see things from different viewpoints, the faith to believe that everything is possible, the possibility that someway somehow everything makes sense and falls in place.

See Hindu, Muslim, Christian, white, black, Asian, Hispanic, Indian, Pakistani, American - none of these concepts hold any value to children. They embrace every new thing with wondrous delight. Faith and God are not deep philosophical or metaphysical concepts for children. All they do is believe, not just in higher powers - but that the world is much more magical than its. They can explain away everything with wondrous simplicity.

There is nothing absurd, ridiculous or confusing about Santa not getting gifts this year due to recession. In fact they might just break their piggy bank and leave some money for Santa - to help Santa out of the recession. Its that plain and simple.

Its more of a case of us adults being so utterly confused by being so rigidly set in our ways. We refuse to see that people can think and believe differently. We refuse to accept the fact that different practices and customs can make total sense. We create clashes and conflicts even when they should not exist. I think multicultural or mixed religion households will have a lot to learn from their kids, rather than the other way around. A kid will use their creative imagination to come up with a reason why being a Hindu-Muslim makes perfect sense, something that some adults may never rationalize in their lifetimes.

Of course I'm not naive. The world is not magical and things don't magically fall in place. But you know what the kids are all right. It can be confusing and frustrating belonging to two worlds and not knowing where you fit in. The teenage years where the questioning, the self searching and the rebellion sets in will be a challenge to both children and parents. Some families do end up very messed up. But many actually turn out to be fine and happy. We may think its messed up and confusing for them to go to church every Sunday and fast for Ramadan, but in their world it all makes sense and they might have figured it out.

I've met families where I go "Thats messed up"

But they say "It may not make sense to you, but for us, it makes total sense"

And is that not what faith is? We believe what we believe, because thats what makes sense to us, thats what appeals to our heart and soul. We don't beleive in our God or religion because it makes sense to everyone else. Thats exactly what an atheist Jew might do, believe in what makes sense to their heart and soul.

In the end all religions may be different on the surface, with different names, different practices, different histories - but at the core they serve the same purpose - give humans a sense of faith and belief. Provide guidance and direction in good times, and provide support system in bad times. Just different routes and means of transport, to get to the same destination. You could walk, bike or drive a car. You could go by the highway or by the scenic route or by the dirt road. You could also mix and match.

Also people who do end up marrying outside the religion have reached are either capable of compromising, or willing to convert. They have reached a point where one or both of them gives marriage and family a higher priority over faith. The child will either grow up with a primary faith, or the parents will eventually come to a compromise and find a middle path to raise their children.

Of course some marriages do fail and there is too much clash over religion and how kids should be raised. However, the risk of these failures exists even within the same religion/culture etc. Parents can have strong disagreements on how strict or lenient to be with kids, what ground rules and expectations to set on their kids, how religious or irreligious the kids should be, whether to be conservative or liberal in the upbringing - when it comes to kids religion is just one aspect of disagreement - there are several other disagreement factors and recipes for disaster - that screw everyone up. Hopefully, parents know that relationships are a compromise and you keep working things out.
Summer3 thumbnail

The fault lies with myopic religious leaders who do not see that all religions have a common purpose and goal. Children have unaldulterated minds.

Religion is tied to culture and it would prefer everyone to stick to their own religions as far as possible. They can read about other religions etc I would not like to see people change religions as far as possible. If the wife follows the husband's religion it is fine.

Similarly I would be worried if all my neighbours were to follow my religion, it would make me uncomfortable; religious over-crowding. There is a great purpose in having many religions. For me it gives me a lot of space to breathe.
alpha_sigma thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Summer3

Religion is tied to culture and it would prefer everyone to stick to their own religions as far as possible. They can read about other religions etc I would not like to see people change religions as far as possible. If the wife follows the husband's religion it is fine.

is this ur opinion πŸ˜• or that of the myopic religious leaders...