Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

can two ppl from diff religions..

alpha_sigma Senior Member
alpha_sigma
alpha_sigma

Posted: 16 December 2010 at 2:00am | IP Logged
 ...make a successful marriage...
o i know the arguments of how love and compatibility transcends religion...but it's not dating or cohabiting i'm talking about...it's marriage...or let me put it this way can 2 ppl from absolutely diff religious backgrounds raise a child who is not confused about his/her religious identity...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

.EatMyShorts.

.EatMyShorts. Senior Member

Posted: 16 December 2010 at 3:28am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
alpha_sigma
alpha_sigma

Posted: 16 December 2010 at 4:25am | IP Logged
Originally posted by tanav

Two people of different sex make a successful marriage and raise a child who is not confused about his sexual identity. Why not apply the same logic to religion ? Quite contentious , isn't it ?
interesting analogy...but religious identity is what we acquire from our environment ,categorically our parents...religious practices, our orientation towards faith is what we imbibe early on in our childhood...
on the other hand sexuality is something we discover for ourselves...whether we r attracted to same sex or opposite is primarily innate..it's a diff issue altogether that same sex attraction is curbed sub conciously due to social preconditioning but nevertheless it's not something that is developed because of external influences....modified or supressed - yes but originated - no...
mr.ass IF-Rockerz
mr.ass
mr.ass

Posted: 16 December 2010 at 6:33am | IP Logged
As long as they're not a couple of over religious fools and understand how much more important the human is than the human's religion. I would marry a christian or muslim if I loved her as a person.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Angel-likeDevil

alpha_sigma
alpha_sigma

Posted: 16 December 2010 at 6:40am | IP Logged
Originally posted by old-black-joe

As long as they're not a couple of over religious fools and understand how much more important the human is than the human's religion. I would marry a christian or muslim if I loved her as a person.
wat i'm trying to ask is not whether 2 ppl can stay together or fall in love or be in a relationship, cause that just involves the 2 adult individuals who know wat they want out of life ...wat i am asking is whether a kid born in a situation where the 2 parents follow diametrically opposite religions have a non- confused( for lack of better words!!) childhood...
and i know being a good human is wat all religions aspire to be..but that realisation of who we r and wat we want to be comes much later...
mr.ass IF-Rockerz
mr.ass
mr.ass

Posted: 16 December 2010 at 6:49am | IP Logged
Originally posted by alpha_sigma

wat i'm trying to ask is not whether 2 ppl can stay together or fall in love or be in a relationship, cause that just involves the 2 adult individuals who know wat they want out of life ...wat i am asking is whether a kid born in a situation where the 2 parents follow diametrically opposite religions have a non- confused( for lack of better words!!) childhood...
and i know being a good human is wat all religions aspire to be..but that realisation of who we r and wat we want to be comes much later...

oh sorry, your first sentence was successful marriage, didn't read the other part at the end, sry.

Well if they realise that bein a human is more important that religion then their kid won't really be affected/confused.
alpha_sigma
alpha_sigma

Posted: 16 December 2010 at 7:00am | IP Logged

oh sorry, your first sentence was successful marriage, didn't read the other part at the end, sry.

Well if they realise that bein a human is more important that religion then their kid won't really be affected/confused.
hullo but that's exactly my point...how do we get the kid to be a good human and have faith but don't know wat to tell him about god....cause the only way i can see that happen is if we raise him in an athiest probably communist idealogy that there is no god and being a good human is THE thing to be....i mean even as adults it's difficult comprehending and making sense out of diiferent POV of diff religions on same issues...how do we expect a child to do that????Confused
Roadrunnerz Goldie
Roadrunnerz
Roadrunnerz

Posted: 16 December 2010 at 7:06am | IP Logged

hullo but that's exactly my point...how do we get the kid to be a good human and have faith but don't know wat to tell him about god....cause the only way i can see that happen is if we raise him in an athiest probably communist idealogy that there is no god and being a good human is THE thing to be....i mean even as adults it's difficult comprehending and making sense out of diiferent POV of diff religions on same issues...how do we expect a child to do that????Confused
Dont tell the child anything, trust his intelligence to guide him Tongue He 'll do alrite

Go to top