Shahid kapoor loses:Ranveer Singh grabs his film

Posted: 13 years ago

Shahid Kapoor loses: Ranveer Singh grabs his film

Shahid Kapoor has lost out to newbie Ranveer Singh as the latter has grabbed a film that could so easily have fallen on the laps of Shahid.

Reportedly, film maker Shaad Ali (of 'Bunty Aur Babli' fame) was trying to rope in Shahid Kapoorf or his next film. However, Shaad couldn't contact Shahid as his phone calls went unanswered and Shahid showed no inclination towards working with him.

Hence, now the buzz is that Shaad has signed in newbie Ranveer Singh in his film, thereby, snubbing Shahid. Ranveer has impressed one and all in his debut film 'Band Baaja Baraat' where he was paired opposite Anushka Sharma. Even the critics have showered bucketful of applauds on Ranveer.

Well, looks like Ranveer's gain is Shahid's loss. This also reminds us of Shahrukh Khan who had turned down Raju Hirani's '3 Idiots' that later fell into Aamir Khan's kitty and went on to become a block buster.

However, Shahid may be a star but he is no SRK. In case, he keeps avoiding the directors who wish to work with him, a day may come when he would be ignored by the film fraternity. After all, this is a cut-throat industry and it doesn't take long to sink back into the lost valleys of oblivion.

http://www.newspostonline.com/celebrities/shahid-kapoor-loses-ranveer-singh-grabs-his-film-2010121689733

Who does Shahid think he is? Katrina Kaif??

(Didn't Shaad make Saathiya? Hmm. )
Originally posted by zainab25

(Didn't Shaad make Saathiya? Hmm. )

Yes he did make Saathiya. Also like the article says he made Bunty aur babli. Both I believe were successful films.
Edited by lensahunte08 - 13 years ago
^^^ n Shaad made Jhoom Barabar jhoom tooπŸ˜† .. Anywayz all the best to Ranveer ..  :)
shaad ali made saathiya....but after that, he also made monstorities like Bunty aur babli and Jhoom barabar jhoom....and those were his original efforts while saathiya was a remake of a manirathnam film.....i think its a wise decision that shahid refused it....
Originally posted by smarie pants

shaad ali made saathiya....but after that, he also made monstorities like Bunty aur babli and Jhoom barabar jhoom....and those were his original efforts while saathiya was a remake of a manirathnam film.....i think its a wise decision that shahid refused it....

Was Bunty aur babli bad? I got bored and didn't finish it. LOL I didn't know he made Jhoom barabar Jhoom. That was a horrible film. And I didn't know Saathiya was a remake.
Edited by lensahunte08 - 13 years ago
yep...bunty aur babli was horrible just like JBJ.....and saathiya was a remake of tamil muvie alaipayuthey directed by manirathnam *ing Madhavan and shalini...it was madhavan's debut....

anywyaz...BnB and JBJ were such yucki muvies....its like they were screaming at me "LAUGH!!! cant u see how funny this is"...and im like " NO"...
Originally posted by zainab25

Good one πŸ˜†
After torturing myself with JBJ..this might not be a bad decision on Shahid's part πŸ˜†

BnB wasn't amazing but I thought it was better than JBJ atleast after which I had to take an aspirin πŸ˜†
Ranveer grabbed this film, that doesn't mean Shahid loses.πŸ˜†

I find the title kinda scary.🀣

Shahid's decision is totally right to not do Shaad Ali's film who directed horrible movie like Jhoom Barabar Jhoom.🀒 Shahid will surely grab best movie script in future for sure.πŸ˜‰