Veena Malik 'threat' to Islam - Article

ranmovie thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
http://www.mid-day.com/news/2010/dec/141210-Veena-Malik-threat-Islam-Pakistani-religious-leaders.htm

Pakistani actress Veena Malik may be upping the TRPs by being part of the 'Bigg Boss' household in India, but in her country she is being seen as a 'threat' to Islam.

In a recent television show, ex-'Bigg Boss' contestant Ali Saleem aka Begum Nawazish Ali had to bend backwards to defend himself and his colleague Veena who was accused of being a threat to Islam. While Ali was accused of "bayghairti, baysharmi and bayhayai (being shameless)" for dressing up like a woman by religious honcho Mufti Abdul Qawi, Veena was accused of disrespecting Islam by behaving irresponsibly in India on public television.

Most Pakistanis have reacted strongly to the Mufti's reaction, contending that Veena is not an official representative of Pakistan and that she was in India to boost her career. "She certainly did not enter the show as a Muslim contender. She was chosen for the show as a Pakistani celebrity (if you may) who became popular recently for playing an active role in making the cricket scandal further scandalous," posted Shyema on Dawn.com.

"I suppose it is okay for Veena to show her body in scanty silky saris and dance provocatively on local screens but the minute she starts showing that 'immoral' behaviour in India, oh no, Islam is in danger!!" Shyema wrote. "What I don't seem to understand is that how did this woman who got famous mimicking politicians and dancing between trees in Lollywood movies, become a representative of Islam?" she added.

Nida, a reader, had an interesting take on the cleric's objections: "I'm surprised at the fact that this Maulvi could have time to watch TV and analyse her performance on 'Bigg Boss'..." Another reader said the biggest threat to Islam was the mullahs themselves. "What I don't understand is that the minute a woman steps out of the country, Islam becomes vulnerable for the mullahs. It's about time that mullahs realised that the biggest threat to Islam is they...themselves," wrote Abida Bokhari.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Nida, a reader, had an interesting take on the cleric's objections: "I'm surprised at the fact that this Maulvi could have time to watch TV and analyse her performance on 'Bigg Boss'..." Another reader said the biggest threat to Islam was the mullahs themselves. "What I don't understand is that the minute a woman steps out of the country, Islam becomes vulnerable for the mullahs. It's about time that mullahs realised that the biggest threat to Islam is they...themselves," wrote Abida Bokhari

[/QUOTE]

Well said, these extremist( for any religion )biggest  threat to humanity.
stranger.67 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Its true the bigest threat to islam is the mullavi itself....and its a good justification...when she was doing movie dancing with different actor and had scandal with asif...in that time they didn't think about this...shame on this people...because of people like those!!! the beautiful religion Islam is getting all these name...most of the things what u see about islam its all man in society who made it...if u read the Holy Coran and understand it u will see difference!!!No offence to anyone but the POV!!!Dont bring religiong in anything!!!
sweet_angel27 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
lol, it's hilarious reading about these mullah's objecting to anything on tv. Sometimes I wonder the same thing, they watch tv. ? lol
forums_girl thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Veena is not a threat to Islam, just a disgrace :)
She enterd as a pak actress but she is also Muslim, so it is joined with her no matter where she goes and who she calls herself.
She is absolute disgrace to Islam, she shouldn't be calling herself a Muslim.
desivalues thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
What do you think about suicide bombers, terrorists and those who victimize women? Why no calls of disgrace for such people? Or is it just that easy to label a simple woman who just acts and behaves with freedom?

Sad that many of the people who do such labeling are women themselves.

Originally posted by: forums_girl

Veena is not a threat to Islam, just a disgrace :)

She enterd as a pak actress but she is also Muslim, so it is joined with her no matter where she goes and who she calls herself.
She is absolute disgrace to Islam, she shouldn't be calling herself a Muslim.

forums_girl thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Sad to see people not know much about Islam and yet comment about it.
I am a Muslim girl and am completely aware of my "do's and dont's".
What Veena is doing comes under "dont's" It is haram (not allowed to, against Allah) to expose your body, kiss boys etc and all other shameful tings she did, it shouldn't be called "freedom". She is going against Islam's rules.

Suicide bombers, terrorists and those who victimize women are too a disgrace to Islam. Thgey create a wrong impression on Islam.

I hope u have understood my point about her being a disgrace to Islam :)

Originally posted by: desivalues

What do you think about suicide bombers, terrorists and those who victimize women? Why no calls of disgrace for such people? Or is it just that easy to label a simple woman who just acts and behaves with freedom?

Sad that many of the people who do such labeling are women themselves.

desivalues thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Sorry but I do know a lot about world religions. Are Salman Khan, Shahrukh Khan, Amir Khan, Saif Khan doing haram when they are taking off their shirts and kissing girls or is it just the girls who are doing haram? Recently, there were several incidents of rape involving very religious sounding names and also in one case a 19 year old girl student was brutally stabbed in Delhi. Was that Haram or Halal? This is just the tip that I am touching, only for example sake.
If there has to be condemnation, then it should be universal. Otherwise, we should keep religion out of this. It is not about religion. Please.

Originally posted by: forums_girl

Sad to see people not know much about Islam and yet comment about it.
I am a Muslim girl and am completely aware of my "do's and dont's".
What Veena is doing comes under "dont's" It is haram (not allowed to, against Allah) to expose your body, kiss boys etc and all other shameful tings she did, it shouldn't be called "freedom". She is going against Islam's rules.

Suicide bombers, terrorists and those who victimize women are too a disgrace to Islam. Thgey create a wrong impression on Islam.

I hope u have understood my point about her being a disgrace to Islam :)

If there was a male contestant from Pak doing the same stuff as veena on the show .............will he be still threat to Islam ?? Why are women always target on such acts ? male dominated society ? ðŸ˜•
stranger.67 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: kuttabhai

If there was a male contestant from Pak doing the same stuff as veena on the show .............will he be still threat to Islam ?? Why are women always target on such acts ? male dominated society ? ðŸ˜•

I guess its the same thing in every culture every religion...and between man and women...if a man do such a thing there is no disgrace but when a women is pointed out for something then she become a disgrace for the whole comminuty...iss liye toh bolte hain ke auraat ek safyed kapre ki tarah hoi hai...ek baar daag lag jaye toh mith tha nahin!!!(wah kiya dialog mara maine)😆