India-Forums

Bigg Boss Season 4
Bigg Boss Season 4

Veena Malik 'threat' to Islam - Article

ranmovie Groupbie
ranmovie
ranmovie

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 9:21pm | IP Logged
http://www.mid-day.com/news/2010/dec/141210-Veena-Malik-threat-Islam-Pakistani-religious-leaders.htm

Pakistani actress Veena Malik may be upping the TRPs by being part of the 'Bigg Boss' household in India, but in her country she is being seen as a 'threat' to Islam.

In a recent television show, ex-'Bigg Boss' contestant Ali Saleem aka Begum Nawazish Ali had to bend backwards to defend himself and his colleague Veena who was accused of being a threat to Islam. While Ali was accused of "bayghairti, baysharmi and bayhayai (being shameless)" for dressing up like a woman by religious honcho Mufti Abdul Qawi, Veena was accused of disrespecting Islam by behaving irresponsibly in India on public television.

Most Pakistanis have reacted strongly to the Mufti's reaction, contending that Veena is not an official representative of Pakistan and that she was in India to boost her career. "She certainly did not enter the show as a Muslim contender. She was chosen for the show as a Pakistani celebrity (if you may) who became popular recently for playing an active role in making the cricket scandal further scandalous," posted Shyema on Dawn.com.

"I suppose it is okay for Veena to show her body in scanty silky saris and dance provocatively on local screens but the minute she starts showing that 'immoral' behaviour in India, oh no, Islam is in danger!!" Shyema wrote. "What I don't seem to understand is that how did this woman who got famous mimicking politicians and dancing between trees in Lollywood movies, become a representative of Islam?" she added.

Nida, a reader, had an interesting take on the cleric's objections: "I'm surprised at the fact that this Maulvi could have time to watch TV and analyse her performance on 'Bigg Boss'..." Another reader said the biggest threat to Islam was the mullahs themselves. "What I don't understand is that the minute a woman steps out of the country, Islam becomes vulnerable for the mullahs. It's about time that mullahs realised that the biggest threat to Islam is they...themselves," wrote Abida Bokhari.

The following 17 member(s) liked the above post:

miley cyrusAamrassinipillai-Aiza-vampire_diariesrgattuTasrose-girlhpppppThatOneGuyUsman.jyothi_coolIshan.-PhoenixD-Meena1tiny15Faraan92

vampire_diaries Senior Member

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 9:42pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

maham_ssarasingh86sunandshineaxeiontiny15

-StrAnGer- IF-Sizzlerz
-StrAnGer-
-StrAnGer-

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 9:45pm | IP Logged
Its true the bigest threat to islam is the mullavi itself....and its a good justification...when she was doing movie dancing with different actor and had scandal with asif...in that time they didn't think about this...shame on this people...because of people like those!!! the beautiful religion Islam is getting all these name...most of the things what u see about islam its all man in society who made it...if u read the Holy Coran and understand it u will see difference!!!No offence to anyone but the POV!!!Dont bring religiong in anything!!!

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

Vino_laBlossom10sarasingh86saher_90ThatOneGuysunandshineUsman.Faraan92

sweet_angel27 IF-Dazzler
sweet_angel27
sweet_angel27

Posted: 16 December 2010 at 6:06pm | IP Logged
lol, it's hilarious reading about these mullah's objecting to anything on tv. Sometimes I wonder the same thing, they watch tv. ? lol

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

miley cyrusohioFaraan92tiny15

forums_girl Senior Member
forums_girl
forums_girl

Posted: 16 December 2010 at 8:02pm | IP Logged
Veena is not a threat to Islam, just a disgrace :)
She enterd as a pak actress but she is also Muslim, so it is joined with her no matter where she goes and who she calls herself.
She is absolute disgrace to Islam, she shouldn't be calling herself a Muslim.
desivalues Senior Member
desivalues
desivalues

Posted: 16 December 2010 at 8:07pm | IP Logged
What do you think about suicide bombers, terrorists and those who victimize women? Why no calls of disgrace for such people? Or is it just that easy to label a simple woman who just acts and behaves with freedom?

Sad that many of the people who do such labeling are women themselves.

Originally posted by forums_girl

She enterd as a pak actress but she is also Muslim, so it is joined with her no matter where she goes and who she calls herself.

miley cyrussawairajncblrtiny15

forums_girl Senior Member
forums_girl
forums_girl

Posted: 16 December 2010 at 8:27pm | IP Logged
Sad to see people not know much about Islam and yet comment about it.
I am a Muslim girl and am completely aware of my "do's and dont's".
What Veena is doing comes under "dont's" It is haram (not allowed to, against Allah) to expose your body, kiss boys etc and all other shameful tings she did, it shouldn't be called "freedom". She is going against Islam's rules.

Suicide bombers, terrorists and those who victimize women are too a disgrace to Islam. Thgey create a wrong impression on Islam.

I hope u have understood my point about her being a disgrace to Islam :)

Originally posted by desivalues

What do you think about suicide bombers, terrorists and those who victimize women? Why no calls of disgrace for such people? Or is it just that easy to label a simple woman who just acts and behaves with freedom?

desivalues Senior Member
desivalues
desivalues

Posted: 16 December 2010 at 8:38pm | IP Logged
Sorry but I do know a lot about world religions. Are Salman Khan, Shahrukh Khan, Amir Khan, Saif Khan doing haram when they are taking off their shirts and kissing girls or is it just the girls who are doing haram? Recently, there were several incidents of rape involving very religious sounding names and also in one case a 19 year old girl student was brutally stabbed in Delhi. Was that Haram or Halal? This is just the tip that I am touching, only for example sake.
If there has to be condemnation, then it should be universal. Otherwise, we should keep religion out of this. It is not about religion. Please.

Sad to see people not know much about Islam and yet comment about it.
I am a Muslim girl and am completely aware of my "do's and dont's".
What Veena is doing comes under "dont's" It is haram (not allowed to, against Allah) to expose your body, kiss boys etc and all other shameful tings she did, it shouldn't be called "freedom". She is going against Islam's rules.

Suicide bombers, terrorists and those who victimize women are too a disgrace to Islam. Thgey create a wrong impression on Islam.

I hope u have understood my point about her being a disgrace to Islam :)

Originally posted by desivalues

miley cyrusjncblrvampire_diariesrgattu

Go to top