Chhoti Bahu.. Sindoor Bin Suhaagan
Chhoti Bahu.. Sindoor Bin Suhaagan

Influence of ZEE on IF rating. (Page 2)

radha_bilahari Goldie
radha_bilahari
radha_bilahari

Posted: 16 December 2010 at 7:57am | IP Logged
Devika,

Let them have their own paramenters for ranking.  I dont even want to queston that.  My doubt was last week our jodis were in the 60s and this week in the 30s.  so why are they shown in the red with the downward arrow.  I am really sure it was not 19 and 20, hence the confusion.  anyway thanks for your efforts in trying to clarify the doubt.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

radhika5chipakDevika.PutijaChalhov

PutijaChalhov IF-Stunnerz
PutijaChalhov
PutijaChalhov

Posted: 16 December 2010 at 8:00am | IP Logged
Radha I think they have compared with the week before that and not last week but I wonder which week  they r comparing for others

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

chipakradha_bilahariDevika.

radha_bilahari Goldie
radha_bilahari
radha_bilahari

Posted: 16 December 2010 at 8:03am | IP Logged
Chalhov,

Now you know why I said ZEE has had its influence on this rating.  they are having an allround influence on IF.Wink

chipakDevika.PutijaChalhov

Annamarie Goldie
Annamarie
Annamarie

Posted: 16 December 2010 at 10:47am | IP Logged
Interesting and upsetting at the same time.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

radha_bilahari

MysteryGirl101 Goldie
MysteryGirl101
MysteryGirl101

Posted: 16 December 2010 at 11:05am | IP Logged
Interesting article 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

radha_bilahari

radhika5 Goldie
radhika5
radhika5

Posted: 16 December 2010 at 2:25pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by DEVIKA8

Originally posted by radhika5

Originally posted by radha_bilahari

Friends ,

ZEE has had a remarkable influence in the field of Maths.  Look at the ascending and descending arrow mark of IF ratings.  Last week Avinash and Rubina were on 60 and 61 and this week they have moved tothe 30s.  Yet the red arrow mark shows they have fallen.  Clap clap ZEE.ClapClap 

wonder who maintains the rankings--is it the mods?
Radhika-5 check this link..
FAQ: How this ranking points are computed?

Please note that the numbers in the table above are presented in points after calculating them in relative terms compared to other celebrities so don't be confused on how it says Fans to be 375 (thats the maximum weightage) when they have more or less. So for example if Karan Singh Grover has maximum number of fans at 2463 so that is considered as the maximum weightage Point 375 (considered 100%) and from there we start calculating other celebrities like Harshad Chopra has 1638 fans and so it gets 149 Points (which happens to be near 70% of Karan Singh Grover).

Similarly if Shilpa Anand got the maximum number of views and our max weightage point is 225 and if Harshad gets 56 points for views then it means that Harshad is getting almost 25% views of what Shilpa Anand got.

Same thing goes with Comments and other parameters. From time to time we would be optimizing our weightage system and will add more parameters to make this ranking system more better. We are even working on a way to add Show TRP points also as one of the various parameters in determining the popularity of the actor for the week.

This is based on a newer algorithm with lowered Buzz weightage and more on Active Fan count.

And from next week's update we will also be keeping a check on sudden surge "just" due to the buzz points in the ranking so that it really show a more balanced ranking system which take into account all the parameters.

Cheers,
Vijay

Shocked what am i doing here?let me finish my assignment...Cry

Thank you for clarifying how the ranking is done.

And your assignment : I am sure it is lot easier than the IF ranking issue.

chipakradha_bilahariDevika.

Devika. IF-Dazzler
Devika.
Devika.

Posted: 16 December 2010 at 9:52pm | IP Logged
LOLLOLLOL  radhika5...  ha ha.. all through my assignment work, i was thinking where i found that new anouncemnt regarding ranking... and finally  I found it now... Confused.. r u thinking what.. check the post below..  I think now I will be able to concentrate back with final touch up....

POST by VIjay..

Thank you all for the feedback and suggestions.

We have reworked on the Ranking algorithm and changed the weightage set for different parameters. Now the maximum points a Celebrity can get in a week is 1000.

There have been several complaints on MIDs and fake accounts created by some members to game the system. So we reworked on this flaw and changed how we calculate the Fans count. Now we are going to count "Active Fans".  We will only count the members who have visited the site in that particular week (even if it is once) as a valid Fan Count.

How does this change works is like this:

Lets say that a fan group of XYZ created 20 new IDs on India-Forums and joined XYZ's fanclub to increase his fan count. It might work well with the celeb for the first week that it will somewhere help them. But if these 20 ids have not logged in to the site for the next week then its not counted in the Active Fans. We would also not be counting members who have recently joined (in the last 7 days).

Similarly there are checks on the comment spam and views. We have even lowered the weightage for Buzz points.

Update: 14th December 2010

And from next week's update we will also be keeping a check on sudden surge "just" due to the buzz points in the ranking so that it really show a more balanced ranking system which take into account all the parameters.

Do let me know what you think about it.

Cheers,
Vijay
link
http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1560779

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

chipakradhika5

Daisy15 IF-Dazzler
Daisy15
Daisy15

Posted: 16 December 2010 at 10:19pm | IP Logged
IF rankings badly infected wid zee virus...lol