Dill Mill Gaye
Dill Mill Gaye

Leaves Out of Our Diaries...

spln IF-Sizzlerz
spln
spln

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 5:45pm | IP Logged
Leaves Out of Our Diaries...

This is an odd, and uncharacteristically brief piece of writing. I had made a VM some weeks ago, which for no reason that I can recall any longer, I did not upload and post at that time.

I was going to write a brief description for its situation in the description box, while uploading it now, when on an impulse I decided to write a formal piece instead, for the same.
Which is this. 

The underlying facts draw themselves out of show's (DMG) basic storyline. Also, as you shall see, this piece does not take into account the DMG end, or any end for that matter. Its just an account of POVs of the four final protagonists of DMG, from sometime in between, when the characters were mutually estranged and their lives far from sorted.

Not really a One Shot hence.

The VM should be somewhat more explanatory, if the writing puzzles you. (I can't say what's objectively better - reading or watching first - but I vote for reading owing my general bias!)

Ridhima and Armaan.

Those three words had been a sentence, once upon a time in my life. Complete, in every essence. When the coming together of those names, mine, with his, had spoken of oneness. Of need. Of love. Of life.

It had been initiated from the first moment I set my eyes on him. And him, upon me.

In that basketball court, which had become witness and stood testimony to many consequent encounters thereafter - some sweet, others bitter. But each one a memory that cannot be made to fade, much less be forgotten.

The odyssey we had embarked upon that day had been un-warning of its eventual, impending fate. Of the spring it would herald, and the fall that would entail it. A spark had been lit, one that became a roaring flame in time and burned to ashes all in its wake.  All, that we had ever held dear.

And now we stand, rent asunder.

Nothing can be requited, retrieved, reverted or redeemed anymore. What is gained, the lesson of a lifetime, shall remain. What is lost, the bond of a lifetime, is gone forever.

And what lingers, is a defeated echo in the void of my heart - Ridhima and Armaan...not meant to be.

Armaan and Ridhima.

Challengers. Colleagues. Rivals. Enemies. Peers. Friends. Lovers. Ex-lovers. Strangers. Acquaintances. Friends. Accomplices. Lovers. Fiances. Loners..

...a chronology of the forming of our complex bonding, of how and why, where we stand, and who is who to who. And what and when brought us to this - a predicament where we become the unbidden, unwilling and unfortunate nemesis of each other's lives.

Is this it, I ask myself, innately fearful and strictly forbidding of spelling the 'it'. Confirmations I find many, but conviction none. It is to seek the same - after compromising and promising farewells are past us - that I return to her again. To find out if indeed, she has moved on, is as true as I strive to make myself believe everyday, in vain.  If indeed, letting go was not the mistake that it hauntingly insinuates to be, more so, in the retrospect. That the impossible enduring of repenting, resigning, relinquishing and retreating has been worth its trade off  - her happiness.

That in the comedy of errors which has been my life, trusting her, in the hands of another, was not the greatest, gravest blunder of all.

True, they said it was hard - falling in love. But nobody said how hard it would be - falling out of it.

And I go back to her, to find out, if she has indeed accomplished a feat, that Armaan Malik has not.

Is this...the end?

Ridhima...and Armaan?!

I had imagined we were a case of misfits. A case mismatched. A case of archenemies, not confidantes; a case of haters, not lovers.

What I had not imagined, was for this to be a love triangle.

What I had not imagined was to have been a shadow, albeit distinct, of Ridhima Gupta's lover.

What I had not imagined was for Armaan Malik to return.

And I reckon, what he had never imagined, was a round of introduction, to Ridhima Siddhant Modi.

When he walked out of her life, he left behind a void that made her hard, bitter, and lonely. When he walked back in, the void had not been filled, but it sure had been invaded.

I don't know the exact moment that I stepped into that pitfall of a void. But once I did, it was headlong journey, landing me right at the bottom. Where, there was her, and there was me - there was us. And only then I discovered, there was him.

She chooses me, and accepts me, and I'm elated. But I can't rid us of the ghost of her past - neither me, nor her. It exists in flesh and blood, and I surprise myself when I think of his dilemma. Perhaps, because deep inside it coincides exactly with my own...

A choice, between her, and her true happiness.

Ironically, that makes us mates.  Armaan and Siddhant. The contending rivals for Ridhima's love, despite my having won her vote of favor and consent. Despite my legit attainment of our happily ever after.

Because happily ever after, is not where it ends...

Armaan...and Ridhima?!

Why, I never...!

I was here for her - just like everyone else in the tangled stories of our lives was - here for her. Without wanting to, much less intending for it to be so, Ridhima formed the inevitable center of our universe - the inter linked worlds of Siddhant Modi, Shilpa Malhotra...and Armaan Malik.

There was a rule book, Shilpa's rule book, which I had religiously followed all my life. A rule book, where the last page had featured my reunion with the family I had been distanced from and deprived of all these years.  The same years that I lived with complete devotion to this only cause I had known, blissfully oblivious of how my very precious and reliable rule book was in fact just one meager chapter.

Where the last page of my happily dreamed reunion was going to come, if ever, only after a much bigger sacrifice.

I had grown up believing nothing to be greater than my cause. But beliefs, like those in tooth fairies and Santa Claus were often belied in the face of contrary, and brutal truths. His coming into my life had shook the very foundations of my own. I may not have seen it from our first clashing encounter, or even the second, third, fourth... and few others that followed.

Then suddenly one day I had seen it. The revelation of a love I had been lacking and seeking all my life. So blinded was I by my craving of it, and the likelihood of its fulfillment from an unexpected quarter, that I chose to see reciprocation, where it was not. That I fooled myself living a fancy that was never to be.

I never really begun to bear being around him, I suppose. Initially, for how much I hated him; and recently, for how much I loved...

He understands, somehow, my agony in loss although he understands not of what. In empathy and sympathy he calls me his friend. And it hurts.

She accuses me, in silence always, and sometimes aloud, of being his bane. And that hurts too.

It's a choice I can no longer make - between him, and her. So I run away.

To bear the burden of my cross alone, the cross that lies in being me...

VM Youtube Link

ps: don't forget to leave your comments, and the like button below is a must to let me know you were here! LOL

Edited by spln - 15 December 2010 at 10:22pm

The following 21 member(s) liked the above post:

sweetanamikajyothi_misrimini_ksg_ARNikhi.AltairabushrayouARCaskettFanmoosewithgooseScatteredCastleblack_hazePrasanthiKaranShilpa:)Sanju_* Unnati *qazplmcaprigurlDulceTentacion.BElieveYOUrself-Euphoria-Rummy.iTangled_25

qazplm IF-Sizzlerz
qazplm
qazplm

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 6:30pm | IP Logged
RESERVED.
manjha IF-Rockerz
manjha
manjha

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 6:35pm | IP Logged
i have no words............
how about amaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazing ;)
awsomee job :P

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

spln

Altaira Goldie
Altaira
Altaira

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 8:27pm | IP Logged
ahh!! simply amazing..the four POV's wow
each one's thoughts u put was really beautiful
amazing piece of writing..
do cont and ha awesome vm too..  :D

H@rry

spln

anitamalik IF-Stunnerz
anitamalik
anitamalik

Saraswatichandra Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 16 December 2010 at 12:19am | IP Logged
NJ, the way you wrote that from the perspectives of all the characters is really amazing! Your words and your talent at explaining something so beautifully never fail to amaze me! lol <3

The VM was beautiful as well...the song fits the situations you're trying to show in the VM about how Armaan RIddhima are both leading lifes that make them confused about them! Its really nicely made!

spln

moosewithgoose IF-Dazzler
moosewithgoose
moosewithgoose

Posted: 16 December 2010 at 12:39am | IP Logged
i just love wut u wrote. Its an awesome piece! :)

spln

ARCaskettFan Goldie
ARCaskettFan
ARCaskettFan

Posted: 16 December 2010 at 5:19am | IP Logged
i got no words....jst amazing
yhe VM waz beautiful too...the song realy fits da AR luv story

spln

* Unnati * IF-Sizzlerz
* Unnati *
* Unnati *

Posted: 16 December 2010 at 6:17am | IP Logged
This is absolutely Brilliant ! Wow !! You've spectacular writing skills & what's all the more amazing,  is your choice of words . They're apt & reader-friendly . I could nearly visualise  AR in here , thinking it aloud to themselves , what they mean to each & when together !

spln

Go to top