Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4 - Dancing with the Stars

katrina kaif (Page 4)

Preeti.xo IF-Stunnerz
Preeti.xo
Preeti.xo

Posted: 18 December 2010 at 3:09am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ZoobiDoobi

She doesn't talk in Hindi. its only in movies LOL

She woz born in England so she finks that hindi is only 4 movies nd dat she can show off saying "luk im a perfecu english speaker, ur not"
Nd bout her being bored...she always luks like that...in every show.

angelic8219 IF-Dazzler
angelic8219
angelic8219

Posted: 18 December 2010 at 9:46am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Mrs.Jaysean

Originally posted by angelic8219

I actually find Katrina's English weird, she can't get her words out. Even that makes her sound like someone trying to speak English with lack of knowledge when infact she should be really comfortable with the language, sounds kind of like when yana talks but shes from Czechoslovakian so she is bound to sound like that.

she is British, but her accent is no where close to British accent. i wonder with what accent she speaks English???.

I'm British too and I find it really weird it does not sound British.  I assume it because she travels alot her accent can't be distinguished. I noticed when I lived in a different area within the UK my accent changed and then when I moved back it returned to normal after a while. So weird how we adapt to the accent of the place we stay in for a while.

Katrina has lived in India for ages her Hindi should be fantastic by now, but if shes surrounded by people constantly speaking English round her maybe she feels she should not bother, either that or they tease her really bad on her hindi speaking skills and that can seriously kill someones confidence to speak it. Some people like omi vaidya may laugh off being mocked over their hindi talking skill  constantly but some of us actually find it really embarassing and hurtful.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Mamanasweet_angel27

sweet_angel27 IF-Dazzler
sweet_angel27
sweet_angel27

Posted: 19 December 2010 at 12:59am | IP Logged
She has an accent when she speaks in Hindi. You can't really blame her for talking in english, she does cause she can't speak hindi, but what about those celebrities that can speak hindi perfectly, but choose to speak in english instead. Everyone in bollywood is speaking in english now days.She did seem really disinterested, and she didn't really know what to comment on about the performances either. I guess she's really popular cause of her looks, although she did improve a lot as an actress.
Mamana Senior Member
Mamana
Mamana

Posted: 19 December 2010 at 1:58am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sweet_angel27

She has an accent when she speaks in Hindi. You can't really blame her for talking in english, she does cause she can't speak hindi, but what about those celebrities that can speak hindi perfectly, but choose to speak in english instead. Everyone in bollywood is speaking in english now days.She did seem really disinterested, and she didn't really know what to comment on about the performances either. I guess she's really popular cause of her looks, although she did improve a lot as an actress.

The difference is that other actors speak both languages fluently. Katrina should make an effort to speak Hindi as she is acting in Hindi films. That means that she does not dub for the films. The emotions we hear in Hindi films are of someone else. She really is extremely lucky that she only has to physically be present and because of her looks the spoken part is negligible. Other actors are very talented to do both!

Go to top