Indian Idol 6

India-Forums

Indian Idol 6
Indian Idol 6

Who will be the India Idol?

Poll Question: Who will be the India Idol?

Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
17 [34.69%]
24 [48.98%]
5 [10.20%]
0 [0.00%]
3 [6.12%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

kanchi Goldie
kanchi
kanchi

Posted: 13 February 2005 at 7:06pm | IP Logged

Ok guys vote for it.

RahulAbhijeet Name : Abhijeet
City : Mumbai

Amit

Name : Amit
City : Kolkatta

Rahul    
 Name : Rahul
City : Mumbai

ABHIJEET SAWANT

Photos

See more photos of your favourite idol!

Videos

Check out the latest video clips.
Introduction
Piano Round
Gala Round 1
Gala Round 2
Gala Round 3
Gala Round 4
Gala Round 5
Gala Round 6

CONTESTANT PROFILE
Abhijeet has been singing with an orchestra for the last 4 years. It was his uncle who got him into singing. He comes from a very simple family and his father works for the Mumbai Municipal Corporation. Since he could sing and the money was good there was no real objection to his joining an orchestra.
Interview Questions & Answers
All this talk about X factor, what does it mean to you?
It is important but not the main thing. One is not only in recording studios but is being seen and heard. If you look good, then you get a better response. But I feel good singer will succeed all the same. Yes one must have some attitude. It is not about being proud or difficult but being a little reserved helps. It gives an aura and increases your value.
Have things changed for you personally now that you are in top eleven?
(Laughs) Yes now I have to smile a lot more and take care of saying thank you. I am not a big a star that I can just ignore people. Thankfully I do not have to change much I have always been a straightforward and simple guy. What you see is what you get. One thing is that I cannot talk with slang like we do in Mumbai. One has to talk straight taking care of etiquette. My friends are worried, they want me to the same old Abhijeet. It is like leading two lives.
Have you tried approaching music directors before?
Yes I have tried but I did not get much of a response. People are busy and keep postponing meetings. May be that will change now. In fact now I am already getting calls, this feels good. I have Sony to thank for it. My dream is to become a playback singer and not just stop here. Even if I do not become the Idol my struggle will continue, only the route will be different.
How was the party at the Immies function?
I met many stars. Hrithik Roshan was there. The amazing part was that they had already heard about us. It was a great feeling. But I must confess that it felt a bit awkward standing in line and being introduced. Meeting the UK Idol top three was great. I have realized that it is not just being able to sing but one must have the energy and be able to project it. Just being in the top three is taking him places. I am confident that even if I do not become the Idol I will be able to reach somewhere.
Since when have you been singing?
I have been singing from the age of ten and I have done stage shows since I was fourteen. I have also sung with Phalguni Pathak, Sudesh Bhosle and Vinod Rathore. My uncle who manages an orchestra has been my inspiration. For the past five years I have tried to become a playback singer in the film industry. I have faith in myself that I can sing. Today I also have the confidence.
What has been your reaction to all this fuss about clothes and styling?
I am enjoying it. I have always been conscious of the way I dress. I like the clothes they have and it is great fun trying them on but the sad part is that you cannot take them home.
Would you like to share any of the special moments of the journey so far with Indian Idol?
First let me tell you that this experience has meant a lot to me in terms of just experiencing different emotions ranging from anger, jealousy to sheer joy. I cannot tell you how happy I was when Farahji complimented me on my singing at the audition in Mumbai. After waiting the whole day when I finally got to sing Farahji told me that I had so far given the best performance of the title song from Kal Ho Na ho. I got the mood correct – both happy and sad.
WATCH OUT
Years of singing with an orchestra means that performing comes easy to Abhijeet. Look out for him in the solo songs accompanied with a full orchestra.
AMIT SANA

Photos

Videos

Introduction
Auditions
Gala Round 1
Gala Round 2
Gala Round 3
Gala Round 4
Gala Round 5
Gala Round 6

CONTESTANT PROFILE
When he came for the auditions of the Indian Idol nobody knew but his family. Now with the show on air everyone has got to know. He is feeling the weight of being in the final 30 who will battle it out to be the Indian Idol. But his family is being very supportive particularly his Dad who has full faith in his ability and his dream.
Being pitted against Amit Tandon who has a lot of X factor, how did it feel?
Aman Verma has always called me the dark horse. I was not even in the initial thirty but look now I am in the top eleven. When I was in the hot seat, I kept saying Amit Tandon, I could not even say my own name. When my name was called out I was the happiest person.
How do feel now that you have made it to the final eleven?
I have been working very hard for the past four years but without any success. I was very nervous during the first few rounds. Now I am really happy.
How has this Indian Idol journey been for you?
It has been the toughest competition I have ever taken part in. It has been exciting and unpredictable as far as I am concerned. I have never known my results. God must have made me strong to face the rejections before selection comes my way. Look I have come in through the wild card. Even my being in the top 30 only happened because some one dropped out. Nothing has been straight and simple for me. But I guess no one gets anything before his or her time. God has given me a double share of struggle.
Indian Idol has brought you lot of recognition and fame. How do you see all this affecting you?
I come from a very simple background, the basic me will never change. I can never be proud and conceited. I must tell you thanks to Indian Idol I went to a disco for the first time. This five star hotel in which we are staying is so luxurious. I bathed for one and half hours. A camera crew also visited my home; all this is a new experience. One thing is for certain that music is my career. If I do not succeed I will not give up. Look At Sonu Nigam, his struggle and success, I will follow his footsteps.
This whole thing about your not having the X factor, how has that affected you?
Everybody has been talking about this X factor but I do not think this is everything. Public understands good music. I too have tried to understand what this X factor means, I think it is all about confidence and attitude and I can develop these qualities. Today after making it to the top eleven my confidence is coming back. It has been a tough competition and I have been evaluating my performances,I have done well. I deserve to be here. Fuzion performed at the Immies, they are not great looking but just see how well they sing.
What kind of person is Amit Sana?
I am a humble and quiet person. I never ditch anyone. But I can tell you this that with each passing round of the Indian Idol I am changing. I have always been under confident. Other people's talent has always over awed me. But now I will not let anyone squeeze me. I have met some people who say that they see their Indian Idol in me. Sonuji put me as his number one choice. What he says is very important to me.
You are wearing a lot of beads, are you religious?
I used to pray to Hanuman before but now days only on Tuesdays and Saturdays I skip breakfast. But yes about these beads – they are special. They have been given to me by my sister, they are supposed to help me concentrate better during riyaz. I also have this thing about colour red; I always have it on me. I keep a tabeez and a photograph of Sai Baba in my wallet.
WATCH OUT
His style is unique, which will be why everyone will remember him. He sings classical and pop with equal ease.
RAHUL VAIDYA

Photos

Videos

Introduction
Audition
Piano Round
Gala Round 1
Gala Round 2
Gala Round 3
Gala Round 4
Gala Round 5
Gala Round 6

CONTESTANT PROFILE
His talent is unquestionable and his parents have always supported his desire to learn singing. Rahul can see the building in which Sonu Nigam lives from his house and that in its self has been a HUGE inspiration for his singing. He has taken his preparation time before the final rounds very seriously practicing to perform and not just sing.
Being scolded by Sonu Nigam in the Theatre Round how did that affect you?
I am just seventeen and I am willing to learn from my mistakes. I was heart broken but it was a challenge to improve myself. I became very emotional about the whole thing. I started practicing six to seven hours a day. My only aim in the semi finals was to reinstate myself.
Describe yourself
I AM THE BEST
Do we now have a more mature Rahul Vaidya?
Indian Idol has been a great platform for me. It has made me grow as a person. Today I consider myself privileged. There are many talented people but to be famous is god's blessing. I respect this fact and remember god all the time.
What kind of a guy is Rahul Vaidya?
Hey I am an honest guy. If I get that money I will do something for the shoeshine boys. Whenever it is possible I give them something but I have always wished that I could do something more for them.
What was your experience like at the Immies?
It was amazing to meet international artists specially the UK Idol top three - Darius. It was a great exposure for us. I got to meet Illa Arun, Pankaj Udhas and Hrithik Roshan live. Normally I would have met them as a fan but being a part of the Indian Idol gave me a status and I got special attention.
What will you do if you become the Indian Idol especially with all that money?
I will buy sarees for my mother. My sister loves new dresses, cosmetics and shoes; I will get her all those things. For myself I will get all kinds of music, even from other countries. I want to evolve and become an all rounder. I want to learn jazz. Another thing I will do is get myself a music room. At the moment we live in a small flat and there is no privacy while doing my riyaz. I will definitely get for myself is a bike I am crazy about them.
You have reached so far, what has been the reaction of your friends and family?
I have no words to describe my parents. Today they are thrilled and the fact is that I am here is because of them. I cannot remember when if I was listening to music or doing my riyaz they have ever asked me to study. They are here in Mumbai because of me. When they discovered that I had this talent they came to Mumbai to given me the opportunity to learn music. If I become the Indian Idol I will buy a car for my Dad. He gets tired traveling by bus. This is the first thing I will do.
WATCH OUT
Here you have a great voice and great looks too. With years of musical training Rahul is technically sound and has great voice modulation and sings just right.

Edited by kanchi - 13 February 2005 at 9:57pm

greatmaratha IF-Sizzlerz
greatmaratha
greatmaratha

Posted: 13 February 2005 at 7:19pm | IP Logged
I voted... and no guesses for whom i voted..........Wink
Selina IF-Sizzlerz
Selina
Selina

Posted: 13 February 2005 at 9:31pm | IP Logged
I don't watch the show.
pmahesh Goldie
pmahesh
pmahesh

Posted: 13 February 2005 at 10:06pm | IP Logged
I have voted for abhijeet because i think he has got the voice, he looks handsome, cute and humble.

Who-I-Used-2-Be IF-Rockerz
Who-I-Used-2-Be
Who-I-Used-2-Be

Posted: 14 February 2005 at 2:41am | IP Logged
I voted for Rahul, of course........he deserves to win........
Mehjabin Newbie
Mehjabin
Mehjabin

Posted: 14 February 2005 at 10:57am | IP Logged
I voted for Abhijeet ofcourse.
Mysterygirl_me IF-Rockerz
Mysterygirl_me
Mysterygirl_me

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 14 February 2005 at 10:59pm | IP Logged
i voted for rahul definitely he's the best n the most deserving...!!! 3 cheers for rahul u rock manSmile

Edited by Mysterygirl_me - 14 February 2005 at 11:00pm
mere_pyaar Goldie
mere_pyaar
mere_pyaar

Posted: 15 February 2005 at 12:25am | IP Logged
i voted for abhijeet

Go to top