Rang Badalti Odhani

India-Forums

Rang Badalti Odhani
Rang Badalti Odhani

A Beautiful Character Destroyed - Khanak !!

togepe30 IF-Stunnerz
togepe30
togepe30

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 11:57am | IP Logged
KHANAK - A Journey from Bravery to Ridiculous Meekness...!

I have seen several shows/films higlighting the journey of a girl from being a Meek Simpleton to a Brave and Strong Individual...

But for the first time I witnessed a total butchery of a character who was soo Strong, Outspoken,Honest,Forthright,Brave,Courageous and Daring...to start with...She actually went into reverse gear??? What exactly are you'll trying to convey...Pray tell me !! For I totally do not get this !!

Today KHANAK has successfully become a doormat !!!

Yes....Oh Butchered Character ,Thy name is "Khanak"

The women who took it upon herself to punish the guy who was responsible for her husband's death...Then she even married him....

She who stood upto all the issues that came up in her new household....She stayed there so that her family back in the village wudnt become homeless....

She even sacrificed her love as she thought that her husband's girlfriend would be hurt if she declared her love for her husband...

She fought her Mom-in-law and Sister-in-law when she came to know that her husband loved her too and refused to part ways just coz his mom didnt like her !!

That character is today,relegated to mouthing dialogues like "Ek achi patni kya apne pati ke liye itna nahi kar sakti?"

She is removing his shoes.....CV's you might remember...not too long ago Khanak tried the same thing in front of Akki to pull Shaantanu's leg coz he was trying to prove to his bro that his wife listens to him completely....

Then we had the bell bajao scene....Where she refused to ring the bell inspite of shaan saying that a wife shud listen to her husband...

Khanak was a character who used to have a mind of her own and not a typical village belle.....Jab village me rehte hue she wasnt the typical village girl...Then how did living in the city for soo long make her follow all this shoe removing traditions???

U think the youth wants to see this??????? This is what you call a youth show??? Plz tell me which youth are you targetting....Coz I dont think any of the "youth" I know would watch this scene without a look of disgust and ridiculousness on their face....

This is the 21st Century......A women is in every sense equal to a man....They are bread earners in their own right....Plzz dont make such a mockery of your show...
There are people out there who might take this seriously...Yes the uneducated people who still own a tv.....Do you realize the impact your single dialogue/scene has across the population???
Its not even funny !!

If you cannot use the medium to dispel myths and gender differences ...Then atleast dont create problems....!!

Also, we wudve expected a SHANAK scene the other way round.....Him asking her to pamper him and saying its the wife's duty and she giving a smart and witty answer.....That was the SHANAK we grew to love....

A change in track doesnt warrant a 360 degree change in the character sketch of the characters who made an identity for themselves over all these months !!

M Supremely Dissapointed in the show today....The entire essence of the show is LOST !!!

P.S - The ploy of letting Khanak go missing for a whole episode and then putting in a mushy SHANAK scene the very next day in not very encouraging....Off late everyone except the lead actress of the show is getting more footage on the show....U are not earning fans in us by doing this....the ploy wont work for long....If you are intending to air more of such episodes minus Yashashri !!

Regardz,
A Once Upon a Time Fan of RBO

Edited by togepe30 - 15 December 2010 at 12:03pm

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

pragyakumarsamparyasharan.loveroadsidejunkeyIFsKhanakSouma.Npriya_cool_123.Dilwale.

aditee IF-Rockerz
aditee
aditee

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 11:59am | IP Logged
Totally!

WELL SAID VANDU!

Clap

Swapnaji should just let her go and Shaan can stay in the cafe all day and worry about the phony hate-love-hate-love story of his drab aging  friends

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

IFsKhanak

.Dilwale. IF-Sizzlerz
.Dilwale.
.Dilwale.

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 12:00pm | IP Logged
vandu! whatever you've said is true! i know you've lost all hope but please i request you to join the petition topic i made Smileyou can tell the CVs there how you feel.
priya_cool_123 IF-Rockerz
priya_cool_123
priya_cool_123

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 12:02pm | IP Logged
very good post dear...... hope this rings a bell..... to who ever it may be concerned
togepe30 IF-Stunnerz
togepe30
togepe30

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 12:04pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by aditee

Totally!

WELL SAID VANDU!

Clap

Swapnaji should just let her go and Shaan can stay in the cafe all day and worry about the phony hate-love-hate-love story of his drab aging  friends
Yeah Let her go !!
Yashashri is far too talented to be wasted this way !!Dead
togepe30 IF-Stunnerz
togepe30
togepe30

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 12:06pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by zennnn

vandu! whatever you've said is true! i know you've lost all hope but please i request you to join the petition topic i made Smileyou can tell the CVs there how you feel.
One of the reasons I stopped making posts here is coz I have stopped expecting to be heard...
I only made this topic coz Gaayu felt my topic cud make a difference....
And if I bothered to make a topic again...Its only for Gaayu...As I said....Friendships here I treasure and cherish and will do anything for them !!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Manita-

togepe30 IF-Stunnerz
togepe30
togepe30

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 12:08pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by priya_cool_123

very good post dear...... hope this rings a bell..... to who ever it may be concerned
I wudnt be too sure of that ! I dont have any hopes from RBO anymore ! I gave far too much time to them...no more !
-Manita- IF-Rockerz
-Manita-
-Manita-

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 12:18pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by togepe30

One of the reasons I stopped making posts here is coz I have stopped expecting to be heard...
I only made this topic coz Gaayu felt my topic cud make a difference....
And if I bothered to make a topic again...Its only for Gaayu...As I said....Friendships here I treasure and cherish and will do anything for them !!

Absolutely true Vandu....if I am posting again today after a break it is only coz of friends I made here and their persistence........and I really don't think we are heard or cared about.....though I love and care for the friends here and one of them is Gaayu....

Go to top