India-Forums

I don't understand the logic

Utishma Groupbie
Utishma
Utishma

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 11:05am | IP Logged
In this show the father is a doctor - means educated. He refuses a marraige proposal for his son saying he still is studying. His daughter (Geeta) IS ALSO educated and has a BA degree. then how can they accept a proposal for her with a boy who has only 12th grade education?  I think the Indian parents always are looking for a boy more educated than their daughter for marraaige. How can a Doctor accept a proposal from such an unrefined family with a boy that is not educated even as much as his daughter?

This is not at all logical.

Any thoughts???

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

asyadadashanak.hotnycsweetie

Shas3 IF-Dazzler
Shas3
Shas3

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 11:24am | IP Logged
I agree....geeta is wayyy to good for that vinod guy! he's a creep

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

shanak.hot

IamaPCmaniac Goldie
IamaPCmaniac
IamaPCmaniac

Posted: 26 December 2010 at 4:11am | IP Logged
reserved......
nycsweetie IF-Sizzlerz
nycsweetie
nycsweetie

Posted: 26 December 2010 at 12:34pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Utishma

In this show the father is a doctor - means educated. He refuses a marraige proposal for his son saying he still is studying. His daughter (Geeta) IS ALSO educated and has a BA degree. then how can they accept a proposal for her with a boy who has only 12th grade education?  I think the Indian parents always are looking for a boy more educated than their daughter for marraaige. How can a Doctor accept a proposal from such an unrefined family with a boy that is not educated even as much as his daughter?

This is not at all logical.

Any thoughts???

good point
nirv Senior Member
nirv
nirv

Posted: 27 December 2010 at 5:25pm | IP Logged
Yup, totally agree. It makes no sense. I don't know what country the creatives are living in, with writing such unrealistic stuff. If they knew the indian culture they would know this basic truth.
asyadada Senior Member
asyadada
asyadada

Posted: 27 December 2010 at 9:37pm | IP Logged
Good point, but sadly parents don't think rationally where girls are concerned b/c they just want to marry them off as soon as possible. Also, it doesn't matter that Geeta is educated b/c a woman's true calling is being a wife and mother and so her education ends up being a waste (not me true feelings, but this is how our culture is, sadly).
  • Page 1 of 1

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index