Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4 - Dancing with the Stars

Yana and Salman were the best (Page 3)

return_to_hades IF-Sizzlerz
return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 10:21pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by tanav

Originally posted by return_to_hades

Honestly, theirs was the only dance I could clearly identify (Rumba) because both Yana and Salman had the hip movement and arm movement authentic to the dance. Everyone else severely adulterated the dance styles with lots of Bollywood.

One should be mindful of the fact that the show has many contestants who are believably dancing for the first time. They shouldn't be compared to contestants who are professional dancers , say Yana Gupta. The choreography wouldn't have been technical, possibly to cohere the non- dancers to simple dance moves , also because Bollywood is an easier style of dancing. The bar should be eventually raised. At first, I think it is right to appreciate a frank attempt and not judge by its profound technicalities.

I'll admit right off the bat, I'm more of a purist. This is not about technicality or talent at all, but more about authenticity. Smile

I'm not expecting everyone to hold perfect posture, point their toes, have elaborate footwork or anything like that. I'm merely expecting the people to do justice to the dance form assigned. I've seen several utter non dancers even attempt to be true to dance form. Most reality dance shows are sticklers about authenticity and genre. Even in JDJ in the past people like Sandhya Mridul, Hard Kaur and likes have made attempts at authenticity right from the start.

That being said it is a desi dance show and Bollywood dance is the heart of desi entertainment and no doubt Bollywood tends to dominate and even overshadow other styles. I do find it refreshing though when choreographers find a way to be true to form right from the start along with the Bollywood element.

Either way, I'm in no way mortified or appalled by the judging. I'm aware that its just the beginning stage of a celebrity dance show and am down with it all.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

LimitLessFan

BoredAtWork Groupbie
BoredAtWork
BoredAtWork

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 10:29pm | IP Logged

ya right ! Wacko

The "chick" from HAHK won the accolades of the judges perhaps for an honest and a heartfelt attempt unlike Yana Gupta who is born to seduce people with her bewitching moves.

What makes you think that Yana's attempt wasn't honest and heartfelt?
I liked both performances. Renuka's performance was very graceful and Yana displayed her dancing skills in her performance. Jai knows Renuka is better off being graceful and Salman knows Yana can dance very well. Both the choreographers used their contestant's strength to boost their performances.

Moreover, judges are not supposed to mark them for honesty. If that was the case, then, Akhil should have bagged a 30 LOL. He was the most honest with his performance, poor guy was struggling so hard but he didnt give up! He completed his performance!Wink

Edited by BoredAtWork - 15 December 2010 at 10:31pm

Anjaani_Dastaan

CutiePiee4 IF-Rockerz

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 10:53pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

BoredAtWork

BoredAtWork Groupbie
BoredAtWork
BoredAtWork

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 11:03pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by CutiePiee4

Originally posted by BoredAtWork

ya right ! Wacko

The "chick" from HAHK won the accolades of the judges perhaps for an honest and a heartfelt attempt unlike Yana Gupta who is born to seduce people with her bewitching moves.

What makes you think that Yana's attempt wasn't honest and heartfelt?
I liked both performances. Renuka's performance was very graceful and Yana displayed her dancing skills in her performance. Jai knows Renuka is better off being graceful and Salman knows Yana can dance very well. Both the choreographers used their contestant's strength to boost their performances.

Moreover, judges are not supposed to mark them for honesty. If that was the case, then, Akhil should have bagged a 30 LOL. He was the most honest with his performance, poor guy was struggling so hard but he didnt give up! He completed his performance!Wink

ok tht cracked me up...akhil's expressions were worth watchingLOL

Akhil's choreographer was the Dabang in the performanceLOL. What's his choreographer's name? She is so patient man!!
CutiePiee4 IF-Rockerz

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 11:04pm | IP Logged

BoredAtWork Groupbie
BoredAtWork
BoredAtWork

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 11:06pm | IP Logged

@BoredAtWork

i dont know her name but the girl was really very cute

lol yes i found her very cute too... i loved how she said during their rehearsals...Akhilllll move karna hai!! LOLLOL

CutiePiee4 IF-Rockerz

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 11:12pm | IP Logged

BoredAtWork Groupbie
BoredAtWork
BoredAtWork

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 11:18pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by BoredAtWork

@BoredAtWork

i dont know her name but the girl was really very cute

lol yes i found her very cute too... i loved how she said during their rehearsals...Akhilllll move karna hai!! LOLLOL

the boxers expression while dancing were clasic..omgLOLLOLLOL i cant stop laughingLOL btw was it his wife who said tht the performance was mindblowingShockedLOL

Yes that was his wife.Smile

Go to top