India-Forums

Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4 - Dancing with the Stars
Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4 - Dancing with the Stars

Marks :S (Page 2)

Tani91 IF-Sizzlerz
Tani91
Tani91

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 2:20pm | IP Logged
this is what I meant by judges being meaner in DWTS....I've seen a judge give a 3 on DWTS....and he was VERY bitchy about it

now I'm not saying that the judges should start cursing at the contestants or what not...but the marks have to be consistent with the comments...for Ragini, Madhuri said such good thing and she got a 7? same with Sushant...but I agree with cho that judges have always been stricter to the serial stars because they have a built in fan base already and they know they will be saved for some time if given inconsistent performances

BUT looking at the serial crowd- Mahi,Ankita,Ragini and Sushant...all 4 of them did decently....they all deserved more marks then they got for sure...I dont know if I can call the judges biased or not yet...but they need a proper criteria to judge the contestants....

either judge them on their dancing ability...OR judge them on how well they execute their given style .....I think Krushna was the only one who did the jive like he was supposed to...everyone else just sort of incorporated it sloppily in their performance

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

turqoisedress

turqoisedress IF-Stunnerz
turqoisedress
turqoisedress

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 4:11pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Tani91

this is what I meant by judges being meaner in DWTS....I've seen a judge give a 3 on DWTS....and he was VERY bitchy about it
The DWTS judges are bitchy and mean, but their comments tend to match their scores pretty well..usually I can predict what score they will give just based on that.

now I'm not saying that the judges should start cursing at the contestants or what not...but the marks have to be consistent with the comments...for Ragini, Madhuri said such good thing and she got a 7? same with Sushant...but I agree with cho that judges have always been stricter to the serial stars because they have a built in fan base already and they know they will be saved for some time if given inconsistent performances

BUT looking at the serial crowd- Mahi,Ankita,Ragini and Sushant...all 4 of them did decently....they all deserved more marks then they got for sure...I dont know if I can call the judges biased or not yet...but they need a proper criteria to judge the contestants....

either judge them on their dancing ability...OR judge them on how well they execute their given style .....I think Krushna was the only one who did the jive like he was supposed to...everyone else just sort of incorporated it sloppily in their performance

I agree that the marks have to match the comments but I still think that they were being nicer because it was the first episode and they were trying to make everyone comfortable. I think it's still a little early to label them as biased..The judges need to have a rubric of sorts on how they will judge the dance. As for Ragini, I was disappointed with that performance Chandni..her expressions saved it but I don't think it was worth more than 7 points tbh Ouch I'm hoping her choreographer steps it up because she could also do well!

Tani91

Tani91 IF-Sizzlerz
Tani91
Tani91

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 4:17pm | IP Logged
^I know Ragini is a good dancer and I hope she goes far in the competition tooOuch for me I wasnt like hugely disappointed....I knew she could do better if choreography was better and ditto on the expressions...I too felt her expressions saved it

I dunno dancing wise I thought she should ahve gotten an 8 at least....JUST for actually dancing

turqoisedress

turqoisedress IF-Stunnerz
turqoisedress
turqoisedress

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 4:26pm | IP Logged
^I almost wish Jai was her choreographer atm. *sigh*
She could do so well under him! Let's see how it goes from here..it's just week 1 after all..
manzanas_asadas Goldie
manzanas_asadas
manzanas_asadas

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 7:09pm | IP Logged
OKAY HONESTLY, SUSHANT WAS SO AMAZING. He was a pro dude, and so was his partner Shampa and all they get is a 21? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? A 21 FOR SUSHANT AND SHAMPA? These judges need training dude. Remo was biased. Sorry guys, I have to say this. I really liked Remo in DID , but nah. He gave Punit a 6/7 don't remember and Sushant a 6. NO comparison. Sushant is DEFINITELY better than Punit.      Not kidding. At least the performance on that day was.
ipodmackid Goldie
ipodmackid
ipodmackid

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 7:38pm | IP Logged
agree with all you girls judges are biased
renuka did not deserve her marks poor shushant did so well and got only 20
even krishna did good and got 21

HalkatJawaniJay IF-Dazzler
HalkatJawaniJay
HalkatJawaniJay

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 8:42pm | IP Logged
I'm hoping because it was a first episode so to encourage non-dancers they gave them higher marks, but the real competition begins next week. We will get to see better scoring. Also why are they discussing before giving marks they have never done that in previous seasonConfused
BoredAtWork Groupbie
BoredAtWork
BoredAtWork

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 9:58pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by kajolj

I'm hoping because it was a first episode so to encourage non-dancers they gave them higher marks, but the real competition begins next week. We will get to see better scoring. Also why are they discussing before giving marks they have never done that in previous seasonConfused

I agree but why encourage some and discourage others? They should atleast point out enough flaws in performances so that the contestants feel satisfied with their marks and know what to improve for the next performance.

I mean for Sushant, Ankita, Ragini, Mahi the comments by judges were amazing but the scores didn't quite match the comments.

And yes, the discussion before scores annoys me too!!

Go to top