Rang Badalti Odhani

India-Forums

Rang Badalti Odhani
Rang Badalti Odhani

A pair of shoes & the destruction of Khanak!!! (Page 7)

aditee IF-Rockerz
aditee
aditee

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 8:59pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by luveeduvee

I am posing this again here:
I think we are making a mountain out of a molehill, actually. WHAT was wrong in the scene?!! By doing something of this sort...khanak or in general any wife, unki izzat kam nahi ho jaayegi!! Oh God!! She just did something out of love and care for him!! Even Shaan, a rich spoilt brat, worked as a waiter for her even getting humiliated in the process.

The CVs can't give us mushy-touchy-love all the time!! If overdone, it'll look more of lust than love which I am pretty sure is not the case in married couples.

Moreover, Shaan did say that she didn't need to do it!! Yehi scene mein agar Khanak Shaan ki shirt utaar rahi hoti toh am pretty sure most of us would've seen the scene till the time they hadn't memorised it..Shirt ki jagah she tried taking off his shoes toh usme kaun si badi baat ho gayi?! I don't understand and honestly speaking, even if somebody forces me to change my view,  I won't even try to.

We can talk ab a lot other things such as why Khanak's character has been sidelined or why YM is not getting any meaningful role in the rock on sequence or maybe just why are Rahul and Sam getting so much of screen time? ( I really felt that Duck as well as the other family members are totally gayab from the show)

P.S. While I was reading the update in the DT, I had no clue ki forum par itni discussion is baat par hogi.  Even I am disappointed.

Luvee
Hi!
Please feel free to be disappointed, I am too at that action in today's episode.

Some of us dont agree with what Khanak did and found it super demeaning to women.

As for the rest, they are entitled to their opinion!

This is a democratic forum and we are all allowed to express our views fairly, freely, politely and respectfully.
Thats what I did when I started this topic!
Feel free to disagree, I do it ALL THE TIMEBig smile
We will continue to talk about it over and over again until we can get the CVs to come in and apologize or we get de-addicted from "Rock On"

I did not create this topic to have the 5 billion IFers agree with me
Not at all!

Thank you!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

NinjaInPyjamas

Yasharanrocks IF-Rockerz
Yasharanrocks
Yasharanrocks

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 9:05pm | IP Logged
i cant understand y people r getng unnecessary topics here like country,customs n all that.n its really sad 2 c people doesnt consider singers do hardwork.agree with luvudee if she wud hav tried 2 remove his shirt instead of his shoes den people wud hav gone gaga over it.cant understand y such a small thng every1 wants 2 make it a issue.n gtng INDIA n INDIANwomen in each n evry matter.i cant understand y helpng der husband in achvng success n supportng him n takng care of him looks regressive....

NinjaInPyjamas

tvrasika IF-Rockerz
tvrasika
tvrasika

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 9:17pm | IP Logged
This will be a long post, friends, so apologies in advance.

There are 2 things being discussed- the actual scene itself (whether there is anything wrong in showing a woman remove her husband's shoes), and second, what it means in the larger context, of portraying women in Indian television.

A lot of you seem to think that we should see this as just a way to show Khanak's love for Shaan, and there is nothing wrong in what she did or what she said before that (about wife's duty to provide comfort for a tired husband).

No one can possibly say a wife should not provide comfort for her husband when he comes home tired.  Marriage is to provide support and comfort for one another. It is perfectly o.k for Khanak to worry about her husband and his mental state (because his father is not supporting him). We saw Shaan worry about Khanak when Hetal and Mangal were around. That scene where he comes back from office to stop her from telling Hetal everything, and where he says 'no one will blame me. everyone will blame you only' was one of the best scenes shown in RBO.

Why do you think Shaan said that? Why would the society blame only a woman and not a man, in the event of a marriage collapsing? Because that is the reality. Shaan understood that. The writers of RBO told us of that reality through Shaan.

So it is only fair for us to ask what the writers are now trying to show. What do they want us to know when they make Khanak say these lines ? That Khanak and Shaan share tremendous love for each other? Sure. That is totally fine.

But there is something called symbolism. It's because of that symbolism, that in spite of repeated requests from us all to make Khanak wear sari again, she does not wear a sari. Because we are told that the channel believes that a sari-clad woman depicts a particular image, which they do not want to show. I have not seen any official statement from the channel on this issue. I only know what people have said in this forum. If i have got my facts wrong, I apologise sincerely. But until the channel shows Khanak in a sari again, I am going to have to rely on this idea that Star One heroines will not come in a sari.

Do any of you think there is something wrong in a woman wearing a sari?

We have never been shown Khanak observe fasts like Karva Chauth. Am sure a lot of women feel there is nothing wrong in a woman fasting for her husband's long life (though a husband would never do the same, except if he is Raj from DDLJ, LOL)...We have not been shown Khanak celebrate Navratri, which for a Gujarati is a major major festival.

If the channel has been so careful to preserve its image as a progressive, youth-focused one and has avoided showing certain realities of Indian family life (wife wearing sari, observing rituals, festivals, people going for weddings etc), then why has this scene been shown?

If it is to show the comfort level of Shaan and Khanak with each other, her removing his shoes, him saying no, and then lying on her lap, telling her about his past with Rahul, then it is fine...but, but, if it is to indicate to us viewers, that this is the kind of Khanak we will see from now on, may be the CVs can be upfront and tell us about that.

The title of the post is about the change in Khanak's character. Ofcourse Khanak will change after marriage, and after strengthening of her relationship with Shaan. None of us remain the same persons we were before marriage. I do not expect Khanak to be forever the girl who ate sweets when she was supposed to fast.  But what kind of change?

Khanak will bring Shaan and Rahul together. Sure. That's what all heroines do in TV serials- make their husbands' / in-laws' lives better. They never seem to have a life of their own.

What made RBO different? Because Khanak was different.

Pls forgive me for a very long post.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

aditeekubare

togepe30 IF-Stunnerz
togepe30
togepe30

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 9:18pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by aditee

Maybe if I was unmarried , I would be romanticizing all this and seeing it in a very lovey dovey way.

May be I would have gone to bed tonite fantasizing about how I would do it if I happened to love my husband like Khanak does

No Ways Dude....M unmarried....And lemme tell you thats the last thing on earth i wud do for anyone !! I thought it was Abominably Pathetic to portray Khanak like that !!AngryAngryAngry

wooster

aditee IF-Rockerz
aditee
aditee

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 9:23pm | IP Logged
gaayu!

ClapClap

Thumbs Up

Thank you!

Well said!
togepe30 IF-Stunnerz
togepe30
togepe30

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 9:25pm | IP Logged
Since My Topic was Closed...M putting this here...

KHANAK - A Journey from Bravery to Ridiculous Meekness...!

I have seen several shows/films higlighting the journey of a girl from being a Meek Simpleton to a Brave and Strong Individual...

But for the first time I witnessed a total butchery of a character who was soo Strong, Outspoken,Honest,Forthright,Brave,Courageous and Daring...to start with...She actually went into reverse gear??? What exactly are you'll trying to convey...Pray tell me !! For I totally do not get this !!

Today KHANAK has successfully become a doormat !!!

Yes....Oh Butchered Character ,Thy name is "Khanak"

The women who took it upon herself to punish the guy who was responsible for her husband's death...Then she even married him....

She who stood upto all the issues that came up in her new household....She stayed there so that her family back in the village wudnt become homeless....

She even sacrificed her love as she thought that her husband's girlfriend would be hurt if she declared her love for her husband...

She fought her Mom-in-law and Sister-in-law when she came to know that her husband loved her too and refused to part ways just coz his mom didnt like her !!

That character is today,relegated to mouthing dialogues like "Ek achi patni kya apne pati ke liye itna nahi kar sakti?"

She is removing his shoes.....CV's you might remember...not too long ago Khanak tried the same thing in front of Akki to pull Shaantanu's leg coz he was trying to prove to his bro that his wife listens to him completely....

Then we had the bell bajao scene....Where she refused to ring the bell inspite of shaan saying that a wife shud listen to her husband...

Khanak was a character who used to have a mind of her own and not a typical village belle.....Jab village me rehte hue she wasnt the typical village girl...Then how did living in the city for soo long make her follow all this shoe removing traditions???

U think the youth wants to see this??????? This is what you call a youth show??? Plz tell me which youth are you targetting....Coz I dont think any of the "youth" I know would watch this scene without a look of disgust and ridiculousness on their face....

This is the 21st Century......A women is in every sense equal to a man....They are bread earners in their own right....Plzz dont make such a mockery of your show...
There are people out there who might take this seriously...Yes the uneducated people who still own a tv.....Do you realize the impact your single dialogue/scene has across the population???
Its not even funny !!

If you cannot use the medium to dispel myths and gender differences ...Then atleast dont create problems....!!

Also, we wudve expected a SHANAK scene the other way round.....Him asking her to pamper him and saying its the wife's duty and she giving a smart and witty answer.....That was the SHANAK we grew to love....

A change in track doesnt warrant a 360 degree change in the character sketch of the characters who made an identity for themselves over all these months !!

M Supremely Dissapointed in the show today....The entire essence of the show is LOST !!!

P.S - The ploy of letting Khanak go missing for a whole episode and then putting in a mushy SHANAK scene the very next day in not very encouraging....Off late everyone except the lead actress of the show is getting more footage on the show....U are not earning fans in us by doing this....the ploy wont work for long....If you are intending to air more of such episodes minus Yashashri !!

Regardz,
A Once Upon a Time Fan of RBO

aditee IF-Rockerz
aditee
aditee

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 9:29pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Yasharanrocks

i cant understand y people r getng unnecessary topics here like country,customs n all that.n its really sad 2 c people doesnt consider singers do hardwork.agree with luvudee if she wud hav tried 2 remove his shirt instead of his shoes den people wud hav gone gaga over it.cant understand y such a small thng every1 wants 2 make it a issue.n gtng INDIA n INDIANwomen in each n evry matter.i cant understand y helpng der husband in achvng success n supportng him n takng care of him looks regressive....
Yasharan,

Hi!
What may be  unnecessary for you is NOT for usBig smile

Please dont feel  compelled to read OR respond to this thread if it does not concur with your thinking!

I do it to 99% of the topics!Big smile

Its a free democratic forum where we are allowed to express our opinions fairly, politely, and respectfully!

I am not sure WHO you are referring to when you say "they would have been OK if Shaan was stripping"
That is a strong comment!

I posted yesterday that I am happily married and it offended another member!Confused
Wonder why! But anyway....... So, let me tell you,, I AM NOT A TEEN, I have never posted any fantasy messages about KT's body or his state of dress or undress.
So who ever you are pointing fingers at should answer that for nowBig smile

Edited by aditee - 15 December 2010 at 9:31pm
Yasharanrocks IF-Rockerz
Yasharanrocks
Yasharanrocks

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 9:34pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by aditee

Originally posted by Yasharanrocks

Yasharan,

Hi!
What may be  unnecessary for you is NOT for usBig smile

Please dont feel  compelled to read OR respond to this thread if it does not concure with your thinking!

I do it to 99% of the topics!Big smile

Its a free democratic forum where we are allowed to express our opinions fairly, politely, and respectfully!

I am not sure WHO you are referring to when you say "they would have been OK if Shaan was stripping"
That is a strong comment!

I posted yesterday that I am happily married and it offended another member!Confused
Wonder why! But anyway....... So, let me tell you,, I AM NOT A TEEN, I have never posted any fantasy messages about KT's body or his state of dress or undress.
So who ever you are pointing fingers at should answer that for nowBig smile

even i think i can freely post in dis thread.as u guyz r targetng INDIA wich is my country n commntng abt INDIAN woman.well unfortunately mods said 2 discuss dis in ur thread.n d scene in vch u hav found mistakes.v hav found nthng bad in it.dey discussed n talked vch i want 2 c b/n dem.shaan finally opened up 2 his wife.

Go to top