Rang Badalti Odhani

India-Forums

Rang Badalti Odhani
Rang Badalti Odhani

A pair of shoes & the destruction of Khanak!!! (Page 6)

Yasharanrocks IF-Rockerz
Yasharanrocks
Yasharanrocks

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 6:03pm | IP Logged
y foot massage hez ready  2 do anythng 4 her.i dnt think foot massage only will indiacte his luv.n he had shown how much he luvs 2 her so many times.teachng her eng at nights n callng her onstage 2 giv speech.so many gestures if u hav followed RBO u can c dem.n also he did headmassage 2 her stoppd his father 4m spkng anythng against his wife.arged with his mother.dis is his kind of showng luv n dats khanaks way.thats  wat a relation is.two people with different ideologies livng 2gdr with luv.n i bet shaan wont mind dng anythng 4 her as he luvs her immensely.

Edited by Yasharanrocks - 15 December 2010 at 6:04pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

garfield1209NinjaInPyjamasMFRanjiniThe_May_Rose

Yasharanrocks IF-Rockerz
Yasharanrocks
Yasharanrocks

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 6:11pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by priya1209

Please relax....I am disappointed how did  india ,indian women their self worth  ,delhi crime rate ,husband abusing wife and entire gender bias was derived from a simple scene which showed tiredness and comfort ...

who gave the comfort and who took you may have not like that ...

I dint read more into the scene that intended coz for me I have seen guys doing these stuff for their loved ones ...

Shaan say if you do all this for me I would have to do that for you ....he doesnot let he open shoes....meaning we are equals in a realtionship...is that bad ?

I dont think Khanak was trying to please Shaan ...she was just caring ...simple ..plain...

Read my original post to your comments two post early ...

I hve a bigger question ...why does every action be equated with being wright or wrong or about ones strong and weak?

agree wid u.life is much more than decidng wats wrng n wats right......

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

MFRanjiniNinjaInPyjamasThe_May_Rose

aditee IF-Rockerz
aditee
aditee

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 6:16pm | IP Logged
I am as relaxed as Shaan was when his wife took his shoes off dutifully!ROFL

Except I did more work in one day than HE has ever done in all his life time! Wink

So you are right, chilllllllll!
aditee IF-Rockerz
aditee
aditee

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 6:23pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by aditee

No self respecting man will allow a woman to go anywhere near his shoes. Especially in a country like India where women receive zero respect and have NO self worth as it is.
Something very disturbing about accepting this as normal "love".
Like Gaayu rightly said last nite, it has been tradionally considered as a "slave's"job.

I feel this came out very strong ..

I compeltely disagree ...I am born and brought up in India  ...and people around me have immense respect for women ... We belong to that century where women work  , but love spending time with family ,are respected and cherished, where they dont hesitate to do anything which is considerverd cliched or old fashioned just with the fear of being labelled as 14th century ...we do something coz we feel like doing it or strongly feel about ...

There are exceptions and problems like any country...but dont generalize the country or self worth of Indian women as a whole...
Priya
My data set on crimes against women in India was in response to your statement above
I wanted to establish to you that because YOU get lots of respect from your family, coworkers and, strangers, thats not the norm in India!
The newspapers and other media sources and the thousands of abused women also will agree with me !
garfield1209 Goldie
garfield1209
garfield1209

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 6:42pm | IP Logged

No self respecting man will allow a woman to go anywhere near his shoes. Especially in a country like India where women receive zero respect and have NO self worth as it is.
Something very disturbing about accepting this as normal "love".
Like Gaayu rightly said last nite, it has been tradionally considered as a "slave's"job.

I feel this came out very strong ..

I compeltely disagree ...I am born and brought up in India  ...and people around me have immense respect for women ... We belong to that century where women work  , but love spending time with family ,are respected and cherished, where they dont hesitate to do anything which is considerverd cliched or old fashioned just with the fear of being labelled as 14th century ...we do something coz we feel like doing it or strongly feel about ...

There are exceptions and problems like any country...but dont generalize the country or self worth of Indian women as a whole...
Priya
My data set on crimes against women in India was in response to your statement above
I wanted to establish to you that because YOU get lots of respect from your family, coworkers and, strangers, thats not the norm in India!
The newspapers and other media sources and the thousands of abused women also will agree with me !
Somehow u missed the last line of my comment .Smile..which said the same ..coz these things need not be spelled out everyone is aware of that...but at same time lets not generalize the self worth of indian women on that ...

Edited by priya1209 - 15 December 2010 at 6:48pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

MFRanjiniYasharanrocksNinjaInPyjamas

poonam1978 Newbie
poonam1978
poonam1978

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 7:24pm | IP Logged
Please cvs hve a talented actress like YM and they are COMPLETLY wasting her talent.I am completely disapponted,We all want old khanak back .

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

aditee

NinjaInPyjamas IF-Rockerz
NinjaInPyjamas
NinjaInPyjamas

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 8:40pm | IP Logged
I am posing this again here:
I think we are making a mountain out of a molehill, actually. WHAT was wrong in the scene?!! By doing something of this sort...khanak or in general any wife, unki izzat kam nahi ho jaayegi!! Oh God!! She just did something out of love and care for him!! Even Shaan, a rich spoilt brat, worked as a waiter for her even getting humiliated in the process.

The CVs can't give us mushy-touchy-love all the time!! If overdone, it'll look more of lust than love which I am pretty sure is not the case in married couples.

Moreover, Shaan did say that she didn't need to do it!! Yehi scene mein agar Khanak Shaan ki shirt utaar rahi hoti toh am pretty sure most of us would've seen the scene till the time they hadn't memorised it..Shirt ki jagah she tried taking off his shoes toh usme kaun si badi baat ho gayi?! I don't understand and honestly speaking, even if somebody forces me to change my view,  I won't even try to.

We can talk ab a lot other things such as why Khanak's character has been sidelined or why YM is not getting any meaningful role in the rock on sequence or maybe just why are Rahul and Sam getting so much of screen time? ( I really felt that Duck as well as the other family members are totally gayab from the show)

P.S. While I was reading the update in the DT, I had no clue ki forum par itni discussion is baat par hogi.  Even I am disappointed.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

aditeeYasharanrocks

wooster Senior Member
wooster
wooster

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 8:44pm | IP Logged
Do you really believe  that a wife taking her husbands shoes is not regressive?? 
and here i thought  India was moving forward!!!  

and i am sad that such educated women in this forum believe taking off her husbands shoes is not regressive but and an ego that comes in the way...

I wash my hands yet again...

Someone has compared cooking dinner and combing hair to removing shoes....look at the chores!!!...love doesn't mean submission. Another thing this is prime time TV showing a woman whose husband is singing and rich and a nincompoop!! and his loving wife takes his shoes off because he had hard working day (singing)'

is this what you will teach your daughters????   

Our country has a lot of customs that need to thrown out of the window,..

Edited by wooster - 15 December 2010 at 8:44pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

aditee

Go to top