Rang Badalti Odhani

India-Forums

Rang Badalti Odhani
Rang Badalti Odhani

A pair of shoes & the destruction of Khanak!!! (Page 5)

missangel1987 Senior Member
missangel1987
missangel1987

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 4:39pm | IP Logged
i thot shaan laying down of khanak lap was really sweet and her taking hes shoes off was sweet tho lol she loves him alot to even wanna do that for hm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

-Simple-NinjaInPyjamaskrockThe_May_Rose

garfield1209 Goldie
garfield1209
garfield1209

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 4:56pm | IP Logged
Having seen their journey so far ..when their actions/scenes are interpreted demeaning , I cant resist posting......

Khanak sees a tired Shaan sleeping on sofa with shoes on.(he doesnot even see her opening)...she gives a disapproving nod on the shoes and then instead of giving a smart comment or waking him ...she does something  comforting..tries to remove the shoes...Shaan wakes up...was taken abck coz he felt she had done that with the patni duty thing in mind....

Khanaks "yeh gaon ke baat nahi hai " ...this has nothing to do with her being from village or the thought process about wife's duty that villagers harp on ..I guess that line indicated tht for me...

She just says when u can work hard cant I do something to make things to give u comfort ..I guess it was something like...ek patni hone ke nate kya mein unhe itna araam nahin de sakti ...

During the time she refused to ring the bell - that time those two were free of all hinderance and in seventh heaven...During kuch khas hai..when she dint love Shaan ...for her he was good but kamchor and swarthi..Now both are secured of the love for each other and too many things happening in their life ...his fathers disapproval,friends who hide things,audtion etc...Cirumstances are different..

I know many people dont like opening anyones shoes ..its a personal choice and I respect tht ..but what does that action to do with being morden ?...But I have also seen people do that for their loved ones when someone is completely washed out and on bed with shoes..Yes girls ,guys both... Can that action be called demeaning ? or did such consideration make Khanak any less ?

Their light banter on how Shaan is not ready to do these things ...talks on equality both have in the relationship ..Khanaks mein maar maar ke bhaga doongi ..was sweet ..The way he lies down in her lap was so comforting..both of them looked tired and very natrual...they way he shares whats troubling him...both looked so at home with each other ...

Dont we feel down or low or need for comfort ...or the urge to comfort someone ..or  is Life always about being right and wrong ,weak and strong ?

I have posted the same in another thread ...thought will share my views here too Embarrassed

Edited by priya1209 - 15 December 2010 at 5:09pm

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

-Leah-MFRanjiniYasharanrocksNinjaInPyjamaskubareDancingdollThe_May_Rose

Yasharanrocks IF-Rockerz
Yasharanrocks
Yasharanrocks

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 5:16pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by aditee

No self respecting man will allow a woman to go anywhere near his shoes. Especially in a country like India where women receive zero respect and have NO self worth as it is.
Something very disturbing about accepting this as normal "love".
Like Gaayu rightly said last nite, it has been tradionally considered as a "slave's"job.

excuse me plz think 1000000 times before u comment abt a country.im an INDIAN.n i think women are here highly respected.i dnt know much abt odr nations but in my country here v receive  a lot of respect.n some xceptions i think xceptions r evry wer.
n really khansk action yest not at all pointed it as a slaves job.1st of all here no1 considers being wife n husband as a job its considerd as a relation......

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

garfield1209NinjaInPyjamasMFRanjini-Leah-The_May_Rose

garfield1209 Goldie
garfield1209
garfield1209

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 5:33pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by aditee

No self respecting man will allow a woman to go anywhere near his shoes. Especially in a country like India where women receive zero respect and have NO self worth as it is.
Something very disturbing about accepting this as normal "love".
Like Gaayu rightly said last nite, it has been tradionally considered as a "slave's"job.

I feel this came out very strong ..

I compeltely disagree ...I am born and brought up in India  ...and people around me have immense respect for women ... We belong to that century where women work  , but love spending time with family ,are respected and cherished, where they dont hesitate to do anything which is considerverd cliched or old fashioned just with the fear of being labelled as 14th century ...we do something coz we feel like doing it or strongly feel about ...

There are exceptions and problems like any country...but dont generalize the country or self worth of Indian women as a whole...

Edited by priya1209 - 15 December 2010 at 5:37pm

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

-Leah-MFRanjinidestinyloveYasharanrocksNinjaInPyjamasThe_May_RoseDancingdoll

aditee IF-Rockerz
aditee
aditee

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 5:44pm | IP Logged
Priya and Yasharanrocks,

I edited my statement

I was born and raised in India also

I find it apalling that story tellers in 2010 have THIS an image of a woman!!

I would have loved to see Shaan take her shoes off! When can we see that "expression of love"? Does anyone know? WinkThats another Q for the CVs

Wonder when story tellers in india will start thinking that way to show how much "love" there is in a marriage. 
Why does the woman always have to touch a hubby's feet to "prove her love".
Shaan resisting and protesting catapulted him to a God today!
ClapClapClap
He didnt have to do ANY real thing to make her happy
ClapClap

Like I said in an earlier post, no gifts, no trips, no dinner dates, no fun conversations required from him as a "loving" hubby!

If we are talking about "love" and affection", "tiredness", "relaxation"  Shouldnt it work both ways?
He spends ONE DAY sitting and singing in the bar and he gets his shoes taken off?

What about her?
Why dont we as a gender expect the same things for her?
Can I accuse Shaan of NOT loving her because he never offered to take her shoes off?

Has Shaan ever gone out of his way to please her?
Can you quote one instance?

I still maintain my opinion that many atrocities are being committed on women across India, IN DELHI every day for example............

Cases never get registered, justice never gets delivered, people never get punished, honor killings, female foeticide, countless women are violated across the country everyday many times by their "loving" husbands and and only a handful ever ever get caught and prosecuted.

I travel in buses frequently in India and women are treated like DIRT!

Husbands routinely abuse their wives and I fear such an image on television will give the wrong kind of men a wrong reinforcement "I can treat my wife this way".
This is being shown at prime time where whole families watch together. What is stopiing scr---d up men from taking this as an advice or recommendation? 
They will not see the so called "love" you mention here!
Will SWJ take the credit if a bunch of women get beat up because their hubbies expected this from them and they refused?

it will come back to BITE US as a gender, for sure.
Being a woman I DID NOT SEE the "love", I am pretty sure hundreds and thousands of men did not either.

I did not expect this from a woman directed show of 2010 India

Edited by aditee - 15 December 2010 at 6:00pm
Yasharanrocks IF-Rockerz
Yasharanrocks
Yasharanrocks

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 5:53pm | IP Logged
i think ur completely taking yests scene in a wrong sense.n if any1 takes it in awrong sense it will result in that only.
n shaan doing dat how many times he havnt commented khanak tumhare charan kahan hain n he showed it by his actions.....both of dem r at ease in der relationship.i dnt think dey thot of any egoclashes r gender differances as dey dnt exist 4 dem....
n y any1 will get a wrong opinion by this treatng der wives like dis.infact shaan stoppd her 4m dng it.
dey want 2 show how much khanak is carng n worried 4 her husband n shaan is moved by her gesture n shared his past wid her.they want 2 indicate dat.nt any clashes r suthng.i think v shud recv wat dey want 2 convey rather den thnkng abt unwanted issues wich r not even related 2 a show...
RBO is nt highlightng any egoclashes/gender diffrances/bad treatment 2wards women which happens in every country....

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-Leah-destinyloveNinjaInPyjamas

aditee IF-Rockerz
aditee
aditee

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 5:59pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Yasharanrocks

i think ur completely taking yests scene in a wrong sense.n if any1 takes it in awrong sense it will result in that only.
n shaan doing dat how many times he havnt commented khanak tumhare charan kahan hain n he showed it by his actions.....both of dem r at ease in der relationship.i dnt think dey thot of any egoclashes r gender differances as dey dnt exist 4 dem....
n y any1 will get a wrong opinion by this treatng der wives like dis.infact shaan stoppd her 4m dng it.
dey want 2 show how much khanak is carng n worried 4 her husband n shaan is moved by her gesture n shared his past wid her.they want 2 indicate dat.nt any clashes r suthng.i think v shud recv wat dey want 2 convey rather den thnkng abt unwanted issues wich r not even related 2 a show...
RBO is nt highlightng any egoclashes/gender diffrances/bad treatment 2wards women which happens in every country....
I for one would have LOVED to see HIM take off her shoes!Big smile
Shaan taking her shoes off and giving HER a foot massage would have screamed COMPLETE TOTAL UNDYING PASSIONATE LOVE!Wink
Their "loving" marriage would have been glorified a million times for me, that way!Clap
garfield1209 Goldie
garfield1209
garfield1209

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 6:03pm | IP Logged
Please relax....I am disappointed how did  india ,indian women their self worth  ,delhi crime rate ,husband abusing wife and entire gender bias was derived from a simple scene which showed tiredness and comfort ...

who gave the comfort and who took you may have not like that ..

For me I dint read more into the scene that intended coz for me I have seen guys doing these stuff for their loved ones ...

Shaan say if you do all this for me I would have to do that for you ....he doesnot let her open shoes....meaning we are equals in a realtionship...is that bad ?..

I dont think Khanak was trying to please Shaan ...she was just caring ...simple ..plain...

Read my original post to your comments two post early ...

I hve a bigger question ...why does every action be equated with being wright or wrong or about ones strong and weak?.. 

Edited by priya1209 - 15 December 2010 at 6:14pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

MFRanjiniYasharanrocksNinjaInPyjamasDancingdollThe_May_Rose

Go to top