Rang Badalti Odhani

India-Forums

Rang Badalti Odhani
Rang Badalti Odhani

A pair of shoes & the destruction of Khanak!!! (Page 4)

yasharan.love Goldie
yasharan.love
yasharan.love

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 11:53am | IP Logged

they shld seriously all sit down in a emergency writers meeting and think, REALLY think whr exactly the show is going.... and whr they want it to go, then discuss it with every department and then go through with epi's..it all seems sooo dis-organised......

it's like they want to head north, but they keep turning south!LOL.........

Edited by p.fashion.d - 15 December 2010 at 11:57am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

tvrasikaYasharanrockspriya_cool_123kubare

priya_cool_123 IF-Rockerz
priya_cool_123
priya_cool_123

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 11:54am | IP Logged

the shoe thing was definitely not something i expected from rbo...... if i were too watch such scenes and like it....... i would have stuck to kekta s shows and tamil serials... which show tons and tons of such scenes..... i think even kekts serials are more forward now.....i am so disaapointed.......

@ pooja i totally agree wit u..... ym is such an awesome actress and here she s merely reduced to nothing......is she the same woman of substance that shaan mentioned sometme back..... no.....

just because they r physically intimate now.....doesn mean she has to take of his shoes and wipe his feet and all...there r lot of ways to express love and concern...... 

Edited by priya_cool_123 - 15 December 2010 at 11:55am

yasharan.lovetvrasikaaditeekubare

-Manita- IF-Rockerz
-Manita-
-Manita-

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 11:56am | IP Logged
only for those who justify each action of Khanak as her being from gaon and her village upbringing --

1. She was supposed to fast on her wedding day and she was eating sweets chup chupke
2. She swapped dresses with gopi to meet suraj on her wedding day....against all norms.
3.She slapped Shaan....as a part of joke in hotel room teasing him that he told her to
4. she refused to press the bell and stood adamant for 5 minutes saying " where is it written that wives should follow husband's words"
5. She answered back every word of SD BD and challenged them that she would have her love back..

these are just few instances that I remember........When did Khanak actually behave like a girl with village upbringing ???

I hope ppl will stop justifying her acts giving the village girl theory....

coming to shoe thing......the treatment Khanak is getting in past few episodes is the actual reason of angst and this shoe removing is icing on the cake.....she is getting a rotten treatment removing shoes, doing champi, preparing nashta and thinking of Shaan's brushing, bathing, eating, sleeping etc.etc....

I liked Shaan telling her not to do it and I think it was an attempt at re-creating Shanak magic but somehow misfired.....took a complete U turn.....

yasharan.lovetvrasikapriya_cool_123kubare

yasharan.love Goldie
yasharan.love
yasharan.love

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 12:00pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by rbo_fan

only for those who justify each action of Khanak as her being from gaon and her village upbringing --

1. She was supposed to fast on her wedding day and she was eating sweets chup chupke
2. She swapped dresses with gopi to meet suraj on her wedding day....against all norms.
3.She slapped Shaan....as a part of joke in hotel room teasing him that he told her to
4. she refused to press the bell and stood adamant for 5 minutes saying " where is it written that wives should follow husband's words"
5. She answered back every word of SD BD and challenged them that she would have her love back..

these are just few instances that I remember........When did Khanak actually behave like a girl with village upbringing ???

coming to shoe thing......the treatment Khanak is getting in past few episodes is the actual reason of angst and this shoe removing is icing on the cake.....she is getting a rotten treatment removing shoes, doing champi, preparing nashta and thinking of Shaan's brushing, bathing, eating, sleeping etc.etc....

I liked Shaan telling her not to do it and I think it was an attempt at re-creating Shanak magic but somehow misfired.....took a complete U turn.....

@bold- SO COMPLETLY agree wid you.... the CVs need to do an emergency meeting and really get evrone on the show on the right page, it's like everyone is thinking differently, this reflects in the show, the whole storyline! every and each character's story seems to be going evrywhr BUT the direction they want it to go in!
and then they come up wid scenes thinking it's be god, but it always backfires...

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

aditeetvrasika-Manita-priya_cool_123kubare

aditee IF-Rockerz
aditee
aditee

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 12:08pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by rbo_fan

THANK YOU RBO FAN!

A MILLION THANKS
YES!

THANKS for this lovely post

The 14th century dadi amma of today is not the one above

I dont think any dadi amma would do what she did either!

YES, I TOTALLY AGREE

Kekta has also moved on!

Shame on Star 1 and Shame on the team of producers to bring us this demeaning insulting scene!

Totally uncalled for!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

priya_cool_123

Yasharanrocks IF-Rockerz
Yasharanrocks
Yasharanrocks

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 4:06pm | IP Logged
agree that dey r wastng a talented actress like YM.but i dnt think derz anythng wrng with khanak n shaans scene 2day.khanak is allways worried n caring regardng shaan.even durng shanaks adventure journey wer shaan worked in dat dhaba khanak ne bi kuch nahin kaya wen shaan is workng. n during winng back shantanus track she dressed her self as a waiter,manager 4 shaan n even she was ready 2 eat nonveg just 4 him.i think khanaks life can b classified in 2 tow phases.n if vr spkng abt her attitude durng dulwahdi days den nothng major happnd in her life like surajs death.n durng dat bellbajao scene both of dem r feelng lack of words n dey xpressed dey had fun havng dat cute nok-jhok.i dnt think caring 4 her hubby n doing sumtng 4 him makes her some 14th century gal.both of dem r emotionally connected n comfortable with eachodr.khanak is just worried 4 him as she knows now dat shaan is deeply hurted by rahul thru sam.so her carng 4 shaan is natural.she knows dat shaan needs mental strength as no1 is gona support him.n she knows her husband is a budtal n she dont want him 2 lose his confidnce bcoz of sum1.so shez tryng her best 2 keep him relaxd by dng wat ever she can do. wats big deal in it.

Edited by Yasharanrocks - 15 December 2010 at 4:31pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

garfield1209NinjaInPyjamasMFRanjinikubareThe_May_Rose

aditee IF-Rockerz
aditee
aditee

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 4:34pm | IP Logged
Have we ever seen him take off HER shoes?
Why not?
Does HE not feel the same love for then?

She has been insulted, battered, humiliated, poked fun at and made to cry.......... oh........ how many times?
Over 50?
Shes on her foot all day, working for that thankless insensitive family. Her feet hurt more!
Can they show me three weeks of him taking her shoes off and giving HER  a foot massage? Please!

Why hasnt he touched her feet/shoes even once?

I bet we wont like HIM doing that. It destroys the macho image we have of him. 
Other than standing up to Boo for the language issue and forcing his Mom to let her into the house, he has not done a THING for her. 

WHAT was his grief today?
A confused, self obssessed, guy with a chip on his shoulder slapped him 5 years ago showed up and wanted to shake hands?

No self respecting man will allow a woman to go anywhere near his shoes. Especially in a country like India where most women in rural areas receive zero respect and have NO self worth as it is.
Something very disturbing about accepting this as normal "love".
Like Gaayu rightly said last nite, it has been tradionally considered as a "slave's"job.

It will only be acceptable to me if HE HAD SET THE PRECEDENT AND it was something he did for her routinely. I would have still wanted her to protest and laugh it off when he suggested last nite.

I dont think most are seeing the stereotype Star 1 is trying to reinforce.

For a channel that touts itself as being for the "youth" (all the so called "youth" they are targetting have prolly ended up in ER after throwing up on watching this scene) they have NO CLUE!

Just like last time Star 1 and PH owe the intelligent female audience members a strong apology!
Thanks to both of the above India continues to be perceived as many as being in the 14th century.

I hope they had covered it on SBB and it had made its way to Aaj Tak.
Would have loved to know what Barkha Dutt would say

Edited by aditee - 15 December 2010 at 5:37pm
Yasharanrocks IF-Rockerz
Yasharanrocks
Yasharanrocks

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 4:39pm | IP Logged
no he wont bcoz his ideology is different 4m her.simple.n his attitude can change in future.who knows.he may do it 4 khanak wen shez unwell.it just depends on the situtaion.......n touchng abt her feet i dnt think he has some inhibitions he allways says  khanak tumhare charan kahan hain.
it wud b a issue if shaan behaves like a psycho husband n wants his wife 2 do it.dictating terms.but here it is pure love n affctng 4 her husband vch khanak feels......

Edited by Yasharanrocks - 15 December 2010 at 4:40pm

MFRanjiniNinjaInPyjamaskubareThe_May_Rose

Go to top