Rang Badalti Odhani

India-Forums

Rang Badalti Odhani
Rang Badalti Odhani

A pair of shoes & the destruction of Khanak!!! (Page 3)

aditee IF-Rockerz
aditee
aditee

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 11:18am | IP Logged
Originally posted by tvrasika

I am disappointed with this scene. Because it is not in keeping with the image of Khanak in RBO.

About the debate on whether removing shoes is demeaning, well, we should ask all the men we know why they won't do it if it is not demeaning. We all know how in our culture/society, some social groups have been considered lower in hierarchy precisely because it is considered their job to remove shoes for people believed to be higher to them (caste/class).

That's why a naukar will remove a master's shoes, but a master will not remove naukar's shoes.

That's why when people beg for forgiveness, in our society, they fall at someone's feet. Because the foot is the lowest part in our body and one cannot go any lower. It's symbolically saying, 'I submit to you. I cannot express my sorry more.'

Now , coming to the scene itself, I don't think for a moment that the CVs wanted to show Khanak as a slave or servant of Shantanu. So why show this scene? The clue is in what she said, 'husband comes home tired. wife shld give him comfort'... let us not even get into whose mothers do it and whose don't. But wud Khanak talk like this? thats the most important point. The Khanak we know is not the type to say such lines.

You will all remember how during the ILU sequence Khanak said husbands make rules and wives follow them. We were all aghast and the CVs actually came and apologised saying it had come out wrongly in editing or direction.

Let us hope some such thing has happened. Simply cannot imagine Yash ji and Swapna ji seeing those lines and saying 'yes'.
The Khanak from APRIL will SO NOT DO THIS!

This is cheap and unimpressive way of making Shaan a "hawt" lover boy cum husbandDead
I dont think Shaan himself would like it

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

yasharan.love

manyarocks IF-Dazzler
manyarocks
manyarocks

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 11:20am | IP Logged
Originally posted by aditee

Originally posted by shanakrocks

sorry not to hurt you aditee....why this scene is taken as a ego clash between male and female....just see the love and caring attitude that women has for her husband....why everything shd be taken as why shd girls do that why not men.....

there are really ppl who still don have any problem in doing these things and necessarily it may not give as bad image as you are describing.....

is helping a tired husband shd be connected with women rights or ego.....khanak is a strong girl and by what means trying to helping out shaan means coming down from her strong girl image....
I want to know how many "loving" wives would do this for their  unemployed bum of a hubby who happens to return from his FIRST day of real work, which happens to be SINGING

Shanakrocks, just because KT looks handsome, everything he does in his on -screen avatar is necessarily not palatable or awesome

This one is totally putrid and bitter!

where have i mentioned that just kt is handsome the scene is awesome...

and just a question your love for your husband is it connected with his employment?? i seriously doubt it so asking and to judge a scene i think its not a point you are married or unmarried..not all unmarried girls fantasize these things or rather do it when they go when they go for sleep..i think its your misconception on some part of girls....

Yasharanrocks

destinylove IF-Rockerz
destinylove
destinylove

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 11:27am | IP Logged
@ gaayu
one thing i would like to point out is that time (ghanti bajao/shaan suspicious of ehr

bringing tea etc.,)they were not physically close(no SR ) and also not

declared their love for each other etc.,

now all those things happened..and they are completely ego free.

..and she wants to be of comfort to her husband..What is wrong in that Why should she not do it?

In waht way it degrades a woman?

this is all in perception of each individual..

i found nothing wrong at all

it only showed how much she cared for her hubby and supportive she was in understanding him

In fact my repect for khanaks character increased by many folds seeing her do actions ego free...and shaan also was equally responsive..

It is all between a husband and wife they can do anything for each other

ther is a lot of difference in woman to woman in her thoughts /actions... ...One cannot apply general rules to entire women folk..

that is all....

Edited by sshriyaa84 - 15 December 2010 at 11:27am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

yasharan.loveYasharanrocksNinjaInPyjamaskrock

yasharan.love Goldie
yasharan.love
yasharan.love

If you look at it, frm a neutral non feminist way, she is a girl frm a village, fr her it is probably okay to do this, because that is hw she was bought up, take care of ur husband and stuff.... it's her way of showing love, like an urban girls way wld be to kiss, hug, or mke coffee for him...

I myself am a feminist, and didnt particulary like the scene, but am nt going all Jhansi ki Rani ovr it coz, frm a village gals POV, nthing wrng with it...

but i do agree with othrs, that the cvs hve a talented actress like YM and they are COMPLETLY wasting her, she eithr is there to kiss and do romantic scene with KT, or to confront Sam in a hilarious and weird confrontation, bt othr than that she is not doing anything! with epi's nt featuring her and all, it's all TO depressing, I want to see Khanak doing something, finding a purpose other than Dhokla and Khandwa!!!!!!!

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

roadsidejunkeyaditeetvrasikaYasharanrockspriya_cool_123kubarekrock

aditee IF-Rockerz
aditee
aditee

All those that thought this scene was abhorrent can you please post here?

I want the network and the PH to know this was the worst thing they could have done to the show.

I am sure teens around the country and wannabe teen bands are all zipping this show and framing it in gold for posterity.

The shoe removal scene will help Shaan win the Grammy for sure!

aditee IF-Rockerz
aditee
aditee

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 11:38am | IP Logged
Originally posted by p.fashion.d

If you look at it, frm a neutral non feminist way, she is a girl frm a village, fr her it is probably okay to do this, because that is hw she was bought up, take care of ur husband and stuff.... it's her way of showing love, like an urban girls way wld be to kiss, hug, or mke coffee for him...

I myself am a feminist, and didnt particulary like the scene, but am nt going all Jhansi ki Rani ovr it coz, frm a village gals POV, nthing wrng with it...

but i do agree with othrs, that the cvs hve a talented actress like YM and they are COMPLETLY wasting her, she eithr is there to kiss and do romantic scene with KT, or to confront Sam in a hilarious and weird confrontation, bt othr than that she is not doing anything! with epi's nt featuring her and all, it's all TO depressing, I want to see Khanak doing something, finding a purpose other than Dhokla and Khandwa!!!!!!!
What you say here is worse than removing his shoes
But yes, YM HAS NO ROLE IN THIS SHOW
WE ALL dont have to agree but thats the truth

I guess we should all ready ourselves for her to wash his feet and drink it coz she loves him so much!ROFL

I believe many women who love their hubbies may even be doing that

Fashion, YES, I AM TOTALLY DISAPPOINTED!
krock IF-Sizzlerz
krock
krock

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 11:42am | IP Logged
hey shriya agree with u copletely .....................its hubby and wife love................it shows that how much thy love each other..............and if u love someone u can do anything for him aur her

NinjaInPyjamas

roadsidejunkey Goldie
roadsidejunkey
roadsidejunkey

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 11:52am | IP Logged
D scene seemd 2 hv been tken frm a 60s film..whr at one pt v r shown her using a BB(bad editin or lack of common sense)nd d odr dis....bt i do agree wid pooja dat YM is being wasted in dis track nd her character supposedly d protogonist is being butcherd....nd al bcoz of Lack of Creativity!!its rly sad!!

aditee

Go to top