Rang Badalti Odhani

India-Forums

Rang Badalti Odhani
Rang Badalti Odhani

A pair of shoes & the destruction of Khanak!!! (Page 12)

togepe30 IF-Stunnerz
togepe30
togepe30

Posted: 16 December 2010 at 3:28am | IP Logged
Originally posted by kubare

Loved and agreed with everyone and disagreeed too...
Loved what Aditee, Gaayu, Manita, Saaz, Priya, DD, Zenn, Teech, May, Vandu, Souma, Pooja,  etc..sorry for me not talking everyones name...had to say... loved loved reading each and everyones prepective..as it does put so many different light to the scene.

Thanx sweetz !!LOLLOLLOL

it was not her trying to remove the shoes that bothered me the most ...but the dialogue that accompanied the scene that I really did not like as they and by they I mean the CV's are they trying to show that a good wife who loves her hubby needs to do this...I think thats what really annoyed me..hubby and wives do many things for one another these days...every individual has their own way of showing love...and no one action makes a wife or hubby good spouses.

The scene left such different and varying impact on all of us...thus there may be ppl out there who may take this whole scene as what constitutes a good wife...and if the wife does all except that..then dose it make her bad??

I disliked both the shoe taking off thing and the dialogue....I feel if they wanted to show the concern...the champi scene was enough...they didnt need that shoe thing.....Its not done...I dunno what everyone says....But I do not find it correct...Its very demeaning...i didnt find it cute at all !!

As for everyone saying that we are making an issue of a small scene...such scenes combine to make the show....If u ignore one time then they'll take it to a higher level...Now see...we kept quiet abt Khanak missing from the one episode the first time it happened...now it happened again...nd m sure it will keep happening now...If we had taken a stand that day then this mightnt have happened...!! If we here have all these opinions on that one scene...it must be affecting the viewers across globe in the same manner....everyone must b thinking on these lines...either as cute or as disgusting....We are just conveying to the CV's that such controversial scenes shudnt be shown

We are educated and dont practice all this and know how to differentiate between right n wrong...but the uneducated ppl out there...do not know....They might take this literally.....media is a 2 way tool....if not used wisely...it can manage to give very wrong message to ppl....

Our opinions expressed yesterday can be generalized to lots of ppl who are not on IF......If a bunch of us found it annoying then m sure there maybe many other modern women who did so....!! And thats not good...We dont want Mahila Mandals after the show...or do we??? This can be a very huge issue !! At the end of the day...we all wish well for the show.....! We argue...we disagree...but we offer a pleotra of viewpoints to the cv's about how ppl react to the same scene...and how they shud be careful about what they show....!!

They depend on us for feedback...or so they say...in that case its our responsibility to tell it like it is !! Do we not praise them when time comes?? Then y shy away from pointing what we didnt like....Thats wat forums are for....Else they wouldnt be called forums...they'd b called Appreciation threads !!OuchOuchOuch

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

aditeetvrasikakubare

tvrasika IF-Rockerz
tvrasika
tvrasika

Posted: 16 December 2010 at 3:57am | IP Logged
@ DD
sorry I forgot to respond to your post.

First point- about young age and impatience: You are correct abt how when one is young, one is more impatient with the world. But there is lot of evidence to show that it is young people, 'youth' all over the world, who brought change and reform to society. What people call 'feminism' and 'feminist' attitudes now, they were not brought out by 'old' women. Women who were in their 20s in the 1960s and after, they were the ones who fought for women's rights. Because they were impatient and eager... That's why we now have laws about sexual harrasment, maternity leave, equal share in property etc... its because of young people's demands. This is the age to demand.

Second point- about 'saas-bahu' serials. Don't even start me of those heroines hiding secretsAngry OMG...I have had it with one such show. dont want to take ur time on that topic but i really hope Khanak does not do that... i am still hoping that some day she will tell Shaan abt Madhvi.

@ vandu
I understand what u r saying. When u objected to Khanak missing from one epi, i honestly did not think it was a big deal. I still hope it wont happen again, since Yashu herself said in her FB status that it hurts her to not be in an epi. She is the heroine. She shld be in every episode.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

kubare

togepe30 IF-Stunnerz
togepe30
togepe30

Posted: 16 December 2010 at 4:02am | IP Logged
Originally posted by tvrasika

i really hope Khanak does not do that... i am still hoping that some day she will tell Shaan abt Madhvi.  Me too ....That fact shud come out !!

@ vandu
I understand what u r saying. When u objected to Khanak missing from one epi, i honestly did not think it was a big deal. I still hope it wont happen again, since Yashu herself said in her FB status that it hurts her to not be in an epi. She is the heroine. She shld be in every episode.

But if she cud help it then it wudnt have happened a second time gaayu....I dont think she has any say in it...her statement on FB sounded helpless and resigned rather than determined or consolatory !! And I dare say....I expect this to happen every week now...and I dont foresee any increase in screen space for her than shez getting now...Unless we as a forum object....our silence conveys a message that all iz well and we are liking wats being show....We need to express in words what we want....we cannot assume CV's to be mind readers...!

If they come to the forum and see everything normal...they'll assume we are liking the track...coz we have stopped expressing...all our views are hidden away in one post...which they are not aware of...and hence there is only one way for the show to go from here...DOWNHILL !!

aditee

kubare IF-Sizzlerz
kubare
kubare

Posted: 16 December 2010 at 4:14am | IP Logged
@Gaayu and DD...I truly wanted Khanak to tell him the truth too...hope it happens someday...me haven't forgotten it also...and yes that hidding was into too Saas Bahu...she did not need to say it directly..but could have done it some other way nah...

Its like tat part of the epi is done with and we may never see it come to the forefront ever...

@Vandu..agree..the media does have a job to see that such scenes are not shown...as they do creat alot of controversy....as they creat different impressions in different set of ppl.....just like in the forum we had ..different reactions to it...as I said they could have shown her doing something  else completely to show how much she loves an cares for him his comfort etc..we really did not need that dialogue from her or that scene.

tvrasika

togepe30 IF-Stunnerz
togepe30
togepe30

Posted: 16 December 2010 at 4:20am | IP Logged
Originally posted by kubare

@Vandu..agree..the media does have a job to see that such scenes are not shown...as they do creat alot of controversy....as they creat different impressions in different set of ppl.....just like in the forum we had ..different reactions to it...as I said they could have shown her doing something  else completely to show how much she loves an cares for him his comfort etc..we really did not need that dialogue from her or that scene.

Exactly....did anyone think what effect it will have on the lower strata of the society....who are uneducated.....who already torture women...this will be for them one more reason to point out flaws in women folk....

They cannot assume that everyone will take it in the right way.....This cudve been totally avoided....Some people have very tender minds and they take stuff at face value !!ConfusedConfusedConfusedNot everyone is educated and sensible to successfully differentiate between right n wrong....! Confused

Edited by togepe30 - 16 December 2010 at 4:20am

aditeetvrasikakubare

Dancingdoll IF-Sizzlerz
Dancingdoll
Dancingdoll

Posted: 16 December 2010 at 11:16am | IP Logged
@Gaayu:

I think you got a wrong message from my previous post. I didnt mean "youth" is impatient, I meant, "I" was impatient. I would never ever in my life create boundaries such as woman-man, youth-old or any other types. When i talk about patience and impulsiveness, its applicable for all...Its a virtue or an evil trait that can be infused in anyone, irrespective of age....So, Please don't read my example as a trait of youth. I was just trying to show that how patience and calmness are strengths over aggressiveness!....

@Krishna:

Could you please highlight the dialogue that made you feel that "If Khanak had not removed his shoes, she would have not been a betetr wife"...I might have missed that.
Other than this essence, I too didnt like the dialogues.

@All
I would disagree with anyone who says we don't see a human being removing other human being's shoes in Films of today. We have numerous, countless scens where a lover/hubby comes all drunk and his spouse, GF, removes his shoes because either he is too dead beat or is drunk to get up and free himself of it.....

I would have questioned this scene, if Shaan's character was abusive, but they share a bond of love, and I would never wanna live in a world where two lovers have a rule book on what they can help on and what they cannot help on....
If these are the relationships we define between the people we love, I would question the humanity....Guys have taken steps towards us to help us in our work,to treat us equals, and are we going to trace our steps back to only make situation worse....
Taali dono haatoan se baj ti hai...what kind of justice is this that in yesteryears, the guy didnt wanna extend hand and now when they have extended their hands, the gal doesnt want to!!!

In my mind, the CVs made a propaganda of this shoe removing thing by giving those dialogues else it would have passed thru' as any scene in a movie.

A media is responsible for setting up examples, and I would be more than glad to be part of a media endeavour, where it tries removing these man made boundaries rather than provoke them..To me, when Shaan, a son of a tycoon, sweeps a 3rd rate dhaaba's floor, was an example set by media that no work is demeaning and for love, there are no boundaries and similarly, Khanak set a similar example yesterday that when it comes to love, there are no Ifs and Buts!
If only we all would thrive in love and abandon the shackles of abuse and boundaries!
If I come back from office tomorrow and I am so exhausted that I cant even get up, and then my hubby shows me his back that we have a rule of not touching each other legs...or I behave the same way with him, I have just abandoned the last straw of humanity down the drain!!!
Why are we assuming that Shaan wouldnt do the same, given an opportunity? Just because that wasnt shown? Shaan has also done a lot for Khanak even if Khanak's gestures weigh more in some eyes!! gestures of love can never be confined in these boundaries and today I am more proud of SHana and Khanak who live in city but are beyond these man made narrow mindedness!!!
Saddens me to see how we only make these boundaries more strong!!!!

Edited by Dancingdoll - 16 December 2010 at 12:38pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

garfield1209kubare

Dancingdoll IF-Sizzlerz
Dancingdoll
Dancingdoll

Posted: 16 December 2010 at 11:24am | IP Logged
@Krishna, Gaayu:
i wanted SD and BD's truth to come out because its a show and those are high points but now I wonder, hasnt this fact been buried so deep that if it comes out, it has lost its intensity?

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

garfield1209kubare

Tomiko IF-Sizzlerz
Tomiko
Tomiko

Posted: 16 December 2010 at 7:56pm | IP Logged

Apparently all my warnings have fallen on deaf ears.

There is clear bashing, passive-aggression, and from many members - zero tolerance of other members views in this thread.

Frankly I believe that if you don't like what someone has posted, ignore and move on.  At the same time, the number of posts criticising every episode in minute detail is becoming ridiculous.

So, closing this thread.  I'll be going through the pages and any members who have failed to follow the forum rules will be PMed over the weekend with warning messages.

In future, please use the critics corner for such posts.  If your post has more discussion than a negative disection on the days episode then feel free to make a new thread in the main forum.Smile

RBO Dev Team

garfield1209-Leah-MFRanjini

Go to top