Rang Badalti Odhani

India-Forums

Rang Badalti Odhani
Rang Badalti Odhani

A pair of shoes & the destruction of Khanak!!! (Page 10)

Souma.N IF-Dazzler
Souma.N
Souma.N

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 11:42pm | IP Logged
Shanak scene dint make any sense what-so-ever....like I said a few days back...the CVs and the PH are aware of the fascination people have for Shanak and they just throw in some random Shanak scene once in every 4 episode to keep up to the mood...Now I would say that its better they dont show Shanak at all instead of degarding characters and ruining the sketch...

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

saaazaditeekubare

Dancingdoll IF-Sizzlerz
Dancingdoll
Dancingdoll

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 11:47pm | IP Logged

Hi Guys,

I finally went through the whole thread and each and every response. I understand that the scene today can create plethora of emotions in viewers, but while putting your points across 'constructively', please ensure you don't violate IF Rules -

1. Text in CAPS will not be allowed at any cost.

2. Any degoratory remarks against a community such as Indian women or husbands, will not accepted at any cost. Demeaning a country or its tradition will be dealt with strongly next time.

3. Find an alternative way to express your emotions. Wild cards and replacement characters such as '*' and '-' will not be tolerated.

4. Abusing characters can hurt many members in the forum. Please refrain from abusing any character or actor or show.

5. Abusing or pointing fingers at the members of the forum is against IF norms.

and Lastly, Be sensitive to other's feelings. Don't stop yourself from expressing your opinion but at the same time don't disrespect other's feelings.

Consider this as the final warning else I would have to close this thread.

Thanks,
RBO Dev Team

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

garfield1209saaazNinjaInPyjamastvrasika-Leah-MFRanjinikubare

garfield1209 Goldie
garfield1209
garfield1209

Posted: 16 December 2010 at 12:00am | IP Logged
Originally posted by priya1209

Having seen their journey so far ..when their actions/scenes are interpreted demeaning , I cant resist posting......

Khanak sees a tired Shaan sleeping on sofa with shoes on.(he doesnot even see her opening)...she gives a disapproving nod on the shoes and then instead of giving a smart comment or waking him ...she does something  comforting..tries to remove the shoes...Shaan wakes up...was taken abck coz he felt she had done that with the patni duty thing in mind....

Khanaks "yeh gaon ke baat nahi hai " ...this has nothing to do with her being from village or the thought process about wife's duty that villagers harp on ..I guess that line indicated tht for me...

She just says when u can work hard cant I do something to make things to give u comfort ..I guess it was something like...ek patni hone ke nate kya mein unhe itna araam nahin de sakti ...

During the time she refused to ring the bell - that time those two were free of all hinderance and in seventh heaven...During kuch khas hai..when she dint love Shaan ...for her he was good but kamchor and swarthi..Now both are secured of the love for each other and too many things happening in their life ...his fathers disapproval,friends who hide things,audtion etc...Cirumstances are different..

I know many people dont like opening anyones shoes ..its a personal choice and I respect tht ..but what does that action to do with being morden ?...But I have also seen people do that for their loved ones when someone is completely washed out and on bed with shoes..Yes girls ,guys both... Can that action be called demeaning ? or did such consideration make Khanak any less ?

Their light banter on how Shaan is not ready to do these things ...talks on equality both have in the relationship ..Khanaks mein maar maar ke bhaga doongi ..was sweet ..The way he lies down in her lap was so comforting..both of them looked tired and very natrual...they way he shares whats troubling him...both looked so at home with each other ...

Dont we feel down or low or need for comfort ...or the urge to comfort someone ..or  is Life always about being right and wrong ,weak and strong ?

I have posted the same in another thread ...thought will share my views here too Embarrassed
I brought my own post forward ..

I wont comment on the currect track dialogue problem and the need for more spunk in the characters..as it is being discussed galore and I too agree on many counts..this was written just to put my view forward how i see this scene in their entire journey only ...

As this thread has started of with thought on that scene only..and has been quoted in the original post..lets see that in isolation ...for Khank having some spunk ,I have put a petition in Zenn's thread to balance different aspects of her nature and for the show as such I have made a post in CVs threadLOL ...its easy to put everything in one..but discussion gets clouded ...

@Bold - I have seen guys do it ,so if a girl is forced to do it maybe I would have a different take but if someone does it out of care and consideration this is my take. From where I see ,It has nothing to do with husband ,wife ,girl ,guy ...just an action and how u interpret....

Just brought my thread forward to say @bold ,  like old RBO hope there are any old timer RBO forum members who would say -- " if we dont agree to each others perspective ... lets agree to disagree ..." .Smile .. but not generalize on each others values based on some comments only coz a lot goes behind making a person  Smile

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

saaaz-Leah-kubareDancingdoll

Souma.N IF-Dazzler
Souma.N
Souma.N

Posted: 16 December 2010 at 12:02am | IP Logged
Originally posted by rbo_fan

only for those who justify each action of Khanak as her being from gaon and her village upbringing --

1. She was supposed to fast on her wedding day and she was eating sweets chup chupke
2. She swapped dresses with gopi to meet suraj on her wedding day....against all norms.
3.She slapped Shaan....as a part of joke in hotel room teasing him that he told her to
4. she refused to press the bell and stood adamant for 5 minutes saying " where is it written that wives should follow husband's words"
5. She answered back every word of SD BD and challenged them that she would have her love back..

these are just few instances that I remember........When did Khanak actually behave like a girl with village upbringing ???

I hope ppl will stop justifying her acts giving the village girl theory....

coming to shoe thing......the treatment Khanak is getting in past few episodes is the actual reason of angst and this shoe removing is icing on the cake.....she is getting a rotten treatment removing shoes, doing champi, preparing nashta and thinking of Shaan's brushing, bathing, eating, sleeping etc.etc....

I liked Shaan telling her not to do it and I think it was an attempt at re-creating Shanak magic but somehow misfired.....took a complete U turn.....

Fantastic Clap

I think this post sums up everything beautifully.....

I have gone through some of the pages and ill just address certain things in general..instead of quoting members

1. I dont think that this is a matter of ego...ego does not come into the picture at all...the main reason why the scene is being criticised is because it spoils the sketch of a character...Khanak was not shown to be like this...She dint even ring the bell inspite of Shaan telling her its her dharam to listen to her hubby....totally goes against her character to do something of this level...One main reason why Shanak were so loved is because they were DIFFERENT...she was not a typical wife...and he was not a typical hero...he throws money...she saves his neck...he gets tired walking...she has the strength...They both were shown to portray some very child-like adorable characteristics....Such scenes just nullify whatever happened or was shown since April....makes it meaningless

2. This is not about authenticity or age groups...I have just come out of my teen age and I believe or rather expected that teenagers would be more repulsive about such a scene...When we say India is progressing...I always believed that it meant....we would be overcoming such notions...and would treat a wife as a true partner ..and support in the right sense...how is removing someone's shoes going to help???!! He had not done any physical work for him to be so tired...he was emotionally drained..and if she had to support him...the best way was to have a nice chat...about his day and make him open up....that scene would have made more sense...

Edited by Souma.N - 16 December 2010 at 12:06am

saaazaditeekubare

Dancingdoll IF-Sizzlerz
Dancingdoll
Dancingdoll

Posted: 16 December 2010 at 12:04am | IP Logged
@Saaz:

I see where the insecurity on Khanak's character is rising from but what I don't get is why do you think that if CVs make Khanak's role pivotal by sketching the tracks that I had listed, would reduce the essence of intensity of her character? Do you think standing by your husband and being his emotional support is insignificant? It takes a lot, to control and salvage a situation when your spouse is just destroying it. It takes a lot when your FIL and Hubby are fighting and insulting each other and you know your hubby is right and yet you need to balance between right and respect (for elders). In my mind, Khanak's image and strength just keeps growing each and every day. She stands up against Sam without thinking twice about Sam's strong bond with Shaan. She fights her own battles with Sam and doesnt hesitate to corner her alone in Sam's room.

I agree that in this ROCK ON track, after all the characters are sketched, the background set, the game laid out, if Khanak's character is not bloomed then it would be majorly disappointing and I too would be joining you on the fence, picketing against the depth of the track but I feel its too early to judge this track and get aggressive because the track is not yet laid. Khanak is not yet on the same page with Shaan's BG and I guess this week is her time to get the basics right.

Also, From what I saw in the Precap (since eternity LOLLOL), Khanak is the one who would play the role to get Shaan's friends together. The cafe scene between Rahul and her was an additional evidence that it was laid to ensure Khanak sees the human side of Rahul and helps Shaan and his friends to see the same. Plus, I feel she would be the one to reach rahul's soul too. Khanak has that power. She got everyone in Khadelwaal house (SD, BD Excluded for all good reasons) to change their opinion on her. That's her power. The strength never lies in being vocal or aggressive, its lies in patience and putting oneself in other's shoes while solving the problem..A teeth for a teeth would never solve issues..It only aggravates....Khanak's shoes for Shaan's shoes is tit-for-tat not love....

Also, I remember having the same reaction in other show when for 2 continuous months, we didnt see the protaganist interacting and a separate track taking over completely, only to realize (CVs told us Wink) that in the show itself, not more than a week has passed.

So, on your Q on "1 calendar month" being passed, all I can say is, Can someone calculate the actual days gone by in RBO? I see Sunil working on his account book every week LOLLOLLOL
Because half the time in the show goes in climbing stairs, walking across the hall, fighting fire, standing outside the door and thinking, feeling the presence of someone in the air for 10 minutes....Ab ismein calendar days aage kaise badhenge? LOLLOL

BTW, I agree, I am also disappointed with the dialogues majorly but I have seen an improvement since last week, hence, I didnt loose hope...BTW, Iactually like Rasam's BG Music...Infact a lot....Initially, That was the only thing I liked in their scenes but now, I amwarming to their scenes too....LOLLOL

Edited by Dancingdoll - 16 December 2010 at 12:37am

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

garfield1209NinjaInPyjamas-Leah-MFRanjini.Dilwale.kubare

saaaz IF-Dazzler
saaaz
saaaz

Posted: 16 December 2010 at 12:05am | IP Logged
@Priya...

I agree...because...I LOVE Agreeing to disagreee,,,,this trait I LOVE more than RBO actually...

Yes, my dear let us agree to disagree....Tongue...Kya haal hai tere...tujhse raha nahi jaye...tere bina yahaan saha nahi jayee...hai hai...LOL

@DD..just saw your post....okay you have to agree with me on this though that technically- on everything- story telling, dialogues, music and acting this track despite the CVs having one month in real time for the real CVs has deteriorated beyond compare....you are talking of I know Khanak's role in the storyline....but I am talking of the way the storyline is being potrayed is pathetic...tell me you agree here??? if not, aiyooooooooo DD, we have to agree to disagree and wait and watch...Embarrassed

Edited by saaaz - 16 December 2010 at 12:12am

garfield1209aditeekubare

Dancingdoll IF-Sizzlerz
Dancingdoll
Dancingdoll

Posted: 16 December 2010 at 12:15am | IP Logged

@Bold - I have seen guys do it ,so if a girl is forced to do it maybe I would have a different take but if someone does it out of care and consideration this is my take. From where I see ,It has nothing to do with husband ,wife ,girl ,guy ...just an action and how u interpret....

V good point Priya....The set up of the show, the scene and ShaNak's relationship is not that of those hubbies who torture their wives....I am sure Khanak would have given her "torturing hubby" black and blue in that case....or probably, broken all his bones of his legs in that case...Dhulwaadi kaa ghee kuch toh kaam aaye!!!LOLLOL

the essence of the scene and ShaNak's relationship is Love...They have chosen to keep themselves free from such man made boundaries....Thats the purity of their love...Love in its pristine form.....The essence of the scene was the support of one love form to other....As Shaan rightly says - "Haatoan ka nahi, tumhaare dil kaa jadoo hai"...They both chose to see those acts as the act of heart and not in its physical (haatoan) form.....

If a woman is asked to remove the shoes of an abusive hubby, Oh well!!
*Pulls her sleeves*
*fixes the cop hat*
*pulls out the baseball bat*
*cringes her neck*
*warms up*

Chalo, Delhi door nahi!! ROFLROFL

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

-Leah-YasharanrocksNinjaInPyjamas.Dilwale.kubarebones88

bones88 IF-Stunnerz
bones88
bones88

Posted: 16 December 2010 at 12:26am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Dancingdoll

V good point Priya....The set up of the show, the scene and ShaNak's relationship is not that of those hubbies who torture their wives....I am sure Khanak would have given her "torturing hubby" black and blue in that case....or probably, broken all his bones of his legs in that case...Dhulwaadi kaa ghee kuch toh kaam aaye!!!LOLLOL

the essence of the scene and ShaNak's relationship is Love...They have chosen to keep themselves free from such man made boundaries....Thats the purity of their love...Love in its pristine form.....The essence of the scene was the support of one love form to other....As Shaan rightly says - "Haatoan ka nahi, tumhaare dil kaa jadoo hai"...They both chose to see those acts as the act of heart and not in its physical (haatoan) form.....

If a woman is asked to remove the shoes of an abusive hubby, Oh well!!
*Pulls her sleeves*
*fixes the cop hat*
*pulls out the baseball bat*
*cringes her neck*
*warms up*

Chalo, Delhi door nahi!! ROFLROFL

Very well said DDClapClapClapClapClapClap I completely agree with uBig smile

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

MFRanjiniYasharanrocksNinjaInPyjamasDancingdoll

Go to top