A pair of shoes & the destruction of Khanak!!! - Page 9

Posted: 13 years ago
Originally posted by aditee

Luvee
Hi!
Please feel free to be disappointed, I am too at that action in today's episode.

Some of us dont agree with what Khanak did and found it super demeaning to women.

As for the rest, they are entitled to their opinion!

This is a democratic forum and we are all allowed to express our views fairly, freely, politely and respectfully.

Thats what I did when I started this topic!
Feel free to disagree, I do it ALL THE TIMEπŸ˜ƒ 
We will continue to talk about it over and over again until we can get the CVs to come in and apologize or we get de-addicted from "Rock On"

I did not create this topic to have the 5 billion IFers agree with me
Not at all!

Thank you!
Thank you for your approval.
I will disagree..as I mentioned..I am so not changing my opinion. 😊

As for the last few lines of your post " I am sure you didn't and I am sure they won't !!"

Originally posted by saaaz

@Priya...

@DD..just saw your post....okay you have to agree with me on this though that technically- on everything- story telling, dialogues, music and acting this track despite the CVs having one month in real time for the real CVs has deteriorated beyond compare....you are talking of I know Khanak's role in the storyline....but I am talking of the way the storyline is being potrayed is pathetic...tell me you agree here??? if not, aiyooooooooo DD, we have to agree to disagree and wait and watch...😳

🀣🀣

Okie...So, I will split your parameters into two blocks......One, where, I agree and one where we will happily, cordially and hug-ily (πŸ€—πŸ˜†πŸ˜†) agree to disagree! 🀣🀣

Agree -
1. Dialogues...Majorly disappointing...I just dnt get at times, what they talk and why???....and that too they go on and on with some hindi words which make sense individually but not when they form a sentence!!!!! 🀣....

2. Acting - I would agree with you here but I would not open my pandora box on this aspect here because I know how many would come strangling me....and I love u allllllllllllllll!
*Innocent muh*
🀣🀣
But there are certain characters that I feel need to pull up their socks!!!

On Boundary...:
1)  Music
Disagree - Music -
 I actually loveeeeeee the BG music of Rasam scenes...somehow such haunting music appeals to me....and I know, many ppl here are not liking it but I guess the beauty thru' my eyes is diff from many others!! πŸ˜‰
Agree Music-
1) I am not okie with Shaan's choice of song in the precap...I love the song, but how can they show AA's song to be 5 yrs old...I understand it's a show but it did pinch me slightly, but not enough to hold CVs throats....πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
2) What I would strongly want to change in the Music part is actually the playback voice for Shaan....Shaan sings  3 diff songs in 3 diff voices...That's sheer carelessness in my mind.....They should fix on one playback singer for Shaan's voice and stick to him, because that is what would make Shaan, a lead singer's voice authentic....

2) Story Telling
Okie...This is tough one....
hmm....So, I am not convinced of few aspects and love few aspects....
Disagree - ST
I actually like Khanak's scenes the most in the current track because as explained in my earlier posts, to me, she comes across as strong willed woman...Its easy to be evil, angry, stubborn, cunning but its difficult to be supportive, loving, balancing diff aspects of life, encouraging and patient...This just defines the strength over the cowardly act of the former!!!
I like Duck's individual scenes and his parody.....
I like Shaan's acting, he is the most convincing actor right now in the show!!!
I have started liking Sam and Rahul's scenes since last week !!...Or rather they have shown marked improvement!!! 
Agree - ST:
Since Kaamini entered the picture, I am disappointed by Akshay-BD track...I liked Kaamini's entry but I feel they didnt take the track fwd well...It had lot of hilarious potential....but it looked forced later on,.....
hmm...Frankly, I am bored of repetitive Sunil and SD scenes....They are strong but they are repeating it too often and the essence is the same - "Shaan ko samjhaao mission"
🀣🀣🀣
Shaan and Khanak's romance would soon become repetitive for me....
Sam and Rahul's scenes are abruptly cut...and whatever time they are on screen, I never understand why they are speaking what they are.....But as I said, since last week, I have mellowed down since they have bettered the scenes and direction and I have started lying down aaram se and watching them....But there is scope for improvement....

But as I said, I havent lost hope...I know they have lot of grounds to cover before they come bang on!! Wejust need to show patience and lot of support to them!!

So, How did I do?? πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
*wipes her brow*
felt like I was giving a test!!
🀣
Edited by Dancingdoll - 13 years ago
Originally posted by Dancingdoll

V good point Priya....The set up of the show, the scene and ShaNak's relationship is not that of those hubbies who torture their wives....I am sure Khanak would have given her "torturing hubby" black and blue in that case....or probably, broken all his bones of his legs in that case...Dhulwaadi kaa ghee kuch toh kaam aaye!!!πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

the essence of the scene and ShaNak's relationship is Love...They have chosen to keep themselves free from such man made boundaries....Thats the purity of their love...Love in its pristine form.....The essence of the scene was the support of one love form to other....As Shaan rightly says - "Haatoan ka nahi, tumhaare dil kaa jadoo hai"...They both chose to see those acts as the act of heart and not in its physical (haatoan) form.....

If a woman is asked to remove the shoes of an abusive hubby, Oh well!!
*Pulls her sleeves*
*fixes the cop hat*
*pulls out the baseball bat*
*cringes her neck*
*warms up*

Chalo, Delhi door nahi!! 🀣🀣

Aap toh bilkul original ho gaye!!πŸ˜†πŸ˜† i miss your updates di!!
Originally posted by luveeduvee

Aap toh bilkul original ho gaye!!πŸ˜†πŸ˜† i miss your updates di!!

🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣

Haan Huns...I miss it too....but I am like lying below this whole piled up work......
*looks up,sees 50 books one on top of other, trying to balance*

Dekhaa? Nanhi bachchi par kitnaa zoolm!!
*sniff*

and here I am chatting with u all and there my boss might be grrring away to glory!!
🀣🀣
Originally posted by Dancingdoll

Khanak has that power. She got everyone in Khadelwaal house (SD, BD Excluded for all good reasons) to change their opinion on her. That's her power. The strength never lies in being vocal or aggressive, its lies in patience and putting oneself in other's shoes while solving the problem..A teeth for a teeth would never solve issues..It only aggravates....Khanak's shoes for Shaan's shoes is tit-for-tat not love....

Nikita, this is addressed to Saaz but I hope it is o.k to give my view as well.

The above lines have been the major justification for serials across various channels, all those dubbed 'saas-bahu' types. If you have time, pls read Shoma Munshi's work , 'Prime Time Soap Operas on Indian Television'. She did a lot of research on serials like Kyunki and Kahani ghar ghar ki and also Saat Phere. She spoke to writers, directors, producers and actors.

Here is the link:
http://www.amazon.com/Prime-Time-Operas-Indian-Television/dp/0415553776/ref=ntt_at_ep_dpi_1/176-9884762-3669330

This was the reason given by most CVs to her- that the typical Indian woman is not aggressive, is silent but brave and will sacrifice her happiness for the sake of husband/family because she has the power. That's why they say those serials were/are so successful. Because people identify with Tulsi and Parvati ad similar heroines and how they managed their husbands/ families.

I am not saying we should now debate about whether the CVs were right or wrong. We are all entitled to our views on that subject.

I just mentioned this book because a lot of people said in different posts that what they like about RBO is that it is not a 'saas-bahu' serial. I just want to say that just because there is no 'saas' right now who is making life difficult for Khanak, does not make it a 'non-saas bahu' serial. If Khanak starts saying more lines like 'mere pati ke liye yeh', 'mere pati ke liye woh', then we can no longer claim that somehow we differ from those viewers who watch SP, Zee or Colors. We shld accept that we are also watching a 'saas-bahu' serial, only its on a different channel and the pati is a rock singer. And the 'saas' comes and goes....

Edited by tvrasika - 13 years ago
@Gaayu:

So, this is my take on the whole "saas-bahu" feedback!!...In my youthful days (yeah, I speak like I have no teeth left and I hold a stick and walk...and if Beeni is reading this, she would totally divulge my age here πŸ˜†)...I used to be the "modern, aggressive, strong" gal that we have been talking about in this thread and that's why I learnt my lessons and fixed/reset my definitions of modern and strong woman!

Its my practical experience, Aggressiveness never kills aggressiveness and a tooth for a tooth never solves a problem...Two people bonded by enemity can probably kill the other but he didnt solve the problem, root cause, enemity...the enemity was buried with the physical body but was not razed from the ground. Is this the solution we seek for? What world would we be in if in a dual, both of them are just shouting at each other and not even one is being patient or ready to put on other's shoes...I dread to even envision such world...and that is where such women come in, the defn for which you have stated in bold....

Now, coming to Saas-Bahu saga, I agree with the definition, I dont agree with the potrayal of this definition. The gals in these famous Saas-Bahu serials are shown to cross their boundaries and reach out for their husband's responsibilities. I dont agree there. let the men do his joba nd let the women do hers.If she is potrayed to be a house wife, let her achieve that to excellence, if she is a bread earner, let her stick to it...What I dnt like is that as soon as the saas-bahu saga starts, the hubby becomes very meek and very blissfully oblivious of his surroundings...That's is impractical to me...Someone is about to betray the hubby and the wife comes to know about it and she doesnt inform hubby and starts calling shots from the backend...I would question them that why didnt she let Hubby know...A man who was shown initially to be a shrewd business man, who can take upon any enemy and knows his way out, has suddenly become good for nothing? To me,that is the butchering of the definition potrayed above. Let the men take care of the business aspects he was doing,..How can he suddenly go dumb? What would justify her role to me is, If she joins him in his struggle against the enemy, and not her exaggerated role in saving an empire when she probably has a waitress experience...and then they stretch the whole "truth hiding" drama to the extent that it becomes impossible to swallow where the hubby is wondering why is his wife behaving weird, where does she go chupke chupke etc etc...
On the saas aspect, show your traits of being patient because when u start asking for a tooth, u would get ur tooth struck out too...Saas wouldnt sudhrofy at any cost...But when things go beyond a point, like physical abuse, u have to stand for urself....
u have to attimes stand to prove ur innocence too....being strong does not mean, taking upon urself afalse blame and living with it....

Also, I would tend to agree that such women (the one with above defn) are rare breed, infact, here,i dnt wanna be a gender bias, I would say, such human are rare breed but the world can get better only if we all start moving towards virtues that define the strength and not ask for a tooth for a tooth!!!...

When I say those things about Khanak...I had to say that because she was the one potraying it....I wish Shaan was showing the same but well, thats not in his character...but I was OK if a men had those traits too...I just know one guy who has those traits....Gaayu, I was the most impulsive and impatient gal long back in time...always ready to picket on the fence for any issue, especially women....I would fight with him day in day out on anything and everything...I moved with broad shoulders giving the air, "take pangaas and u will be taken to task"...but then I faced a stiff opposition in the form of patience...I would shout from here and he would just remain patient...I would again shout and he would remain patient...I was perplexed...Initially I hated him for being so patient, cool, understanding and loving...and then I realized, I am frustrated because I wasnt gettign the same aggressive reaction that would build my aggression, give me the ego boost that I could take the guy down....and gradualy I realized that he lived in peace while I sulked big time....and he turned out to be strong while I wailed!!!....and the veil came off my eyes, all this was not theory, only if we choose to make it practical in our life.... and that was my first step to becoming strong...I am not saying I am strng, but I now know whats modern and whats real strength...I stand for a cause, but I dnt blow my heads off...My mission is to make people see my POV thru logic and zeal but not thru aggression...To me its about souls and not about Indian, american, male or female anymore...needless to say, I was the biggest feminist alive and now I am a humanitarian...be it a man or woman, I will stand for all types of injustice....

BTW, I hate to accept, but he gets me to do everything for him with these traits...and I used this on many people and dude, Magic....Little patience and ppl steaming high, would get ready to complete my work!!!...πŸ˜†πŸ˜†...The Formula always works...Trust me!!πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

The motto eventually is to co-exist in peace, and not kill each other.

My 2 cents...
Oh well, 100 cents, I guess!!

🀣🀣
Edited by Dancingdoll - 13 years ago
Hello ladies...looks like I am late to the party....πŸ˜†πŸ˜† sorry bad joke but it was indeed fun reading everyones take on the scene...an the show and Khanak's cahracter etc.

Love you all and love this forum...that we all can discuss things in a good way...and love love the fact that we all can Agree to Disagree...thats whats life is all about because no two (more then two actuallyπŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†) ppl see the same thing in similar light...and we all should be able to respect that...as everyone has his or her own way of looking at a situation or event etc.

Like for yesterdays scene...we all saw it from different prospective ...some viewed it as a form of a hubby wife expression of love for each other, ...some viewed it as a death of Khanak's character and some as it being regressive and a step against women progression etc. In my opinion every one made valid points for the the thing they saw it as...if we a small section of viewers from all around the world can interpret this scene in so many different ways then ...just think of all those other who watch the show..and donot have a platform to discuss or debate...it what have they intepreted it as.

Loved and agreed with everyone and disagreeed too...
Loved what Aditee, Gaayu, Manita, Saaz, Priya, DD, Zenn, Teech, May, Vandu, Souma, Pooja,  etc..sorry for me not talking everyones name...had to say... loved loved reading each and everyones prepective..as it does put so many different light to the scene.

Me going to go watch the scene again...because when I watched it on tv yesterday...I was disappointed to be honest...felt that it could have been better executed shown....it was not her trying to remove the shoes that bothered me the most ...but the dialogue that accompanied the scene that I really did not like as they and by they I mean the CV's are they trying to show that a good wife who loves her hubby needs to do this...I think thats what really annoyed me..hubby and wives do many things for one another these days...every individual has their own way of showing love...and no one action makes a wife or hubby good spouses.

The scene left such different and varying impact on all of us...thus there may be ppl out there who may take this whole scene as what constitutes a good wife...and if the wife does all except that..then dose it make her bad??

Krishnaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa,

πŸ€—

For beautifully summarising the various views expressed here... and for your pink font!😊

The scene could have been executed differently, and we would have still got the point they are trying to convey-that Shaan and Khanak are fully at ease with each other, they will behave like normal couples do in real lives, etc..... There are many ways to show this comfort.

Aaj kal filmon me bhi nahin dikaate wife removing hubby's shoes. But they were shown back in 1950s, 60s and even 70s. Why then? why not now? They would show a woman getting up and touching her husband's feet (at least in Tamil films they did). But not anymore.. havent seen any film recently with scenes like that. Kyun? Because times have changed. That needs to be reflected in the small screen as well.

Pyar dikhaane ke liye aur bhi tareekhen hote hain.

The writing and direction dept really need to look at the scenes again.
Originally posted by kubare

Loved and agreed with everyone and disagreeed too...
Loved what Aditee, Gaayu, Manita, Saaz, Priya, DD, Zenn, Teech, May, Vandu, Souma, Pooja,  etc..sorry for me not talking everyones name...had to say... loved loved reading each and everyones prepective..as it does put so many different light to the scene.

Thanx sweetz !!πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

it was not her trying to remove the shoes that bothered me the most ...but the dialogue that accompanied the scene that I really did not like as they and by they I mean the CV's are they trying to show that a good wife who loves her hubby needs to do this...I think thats what really annoyed me..hubby and wives do many things for one another these days...every individual has their own way of showing love...and no one action makes a wife or hubby good spouses.

The scene left such different and varying impact on all of us...thus there may be ppl out there who may take this whole scene as what constitutes a good wife...and if the wife does all except that..then dose it make her bad??

I disliked both the shoe taking off thing and the dialogue....I feel if they wanted to show the concern...the champi scene was enough...they didnt need that shoe thing.....Its not done...I dunno what everyone says....But I do not find it correct...Its very demeaning...i didnt find it cute at all !!

As for everyone saying that we are making an issue of a small scene...such scenes combine to make the show....If u ignore one time then they'll take it to a higher level...Now see...we kept quiet abt Khanak missing from the one episode the first time it happened...now it happened again...nd m sure it will keep happening now...If we had taken a stand that day then this mightnt have happened...!! If we here have all these opinions on that one scene...it must be affecting the viewers across globe in the same manner....everyone must b thinking on these lines...either as cute or as disgusting....We are just conveying to the CV's that such controversial scenes shudnt be shown

We are educated and dont practice all this and know how to differentiate between right n wrong...but the uneducated ppl out there...do not know....They might take this literally.....media is a 2 way tool....if not used wisely...it can manage to give very wrong message to ppl....

Our opinions expressed yesterday can be generalized to lots of ppl who are not on IF......If a bunch of us found it annoying then m sure there maybe many other modern women who did so....!! And thats not good...We dont want Mahila Mandals after the show...or do we??? This can be a very huge issue !! At the end of the day...we all wish well for the show.....! We argue...we disagree...but we offer a pleotra of viewpoints to the cv's about how ppl react to the same scene...and how they shud be careful about what they show....!!

They depend on us for feedback...or so they say...in that case its our responsibility to tell it like it is !! Do we not praise them when time comes?? Then y shy away from pointing what we didnt like....Thats wat forums are for....Else they wouldnt be called forums...they'd b called Appreciation threads !!

@ DD
sorry I forgot to respond to your post.

First point- about young age and impatience: You are correct abt how when one is young, one is more impatient with the world. But there is lot of evidence to show that it is young people, 'youth' all over the world, who brought change and reform to society. What people call 'feminism' and 'feminist' attitudes now, they were not brought out by 'old' women. Women who were in their 20s in the 1960s and after, they were the ones who fought for women's rights. Because they were impatient and eager... That's why we now have laws about sexual harrasment, maternity leave, equal share in property etc... its because of young people's demands. This is the age to demand.

Second point- about 'saas-bahu' serials. Don't even start me of those heroines hiding secrets😑 OMG...I have had it with one such show. dont want to take ur time on that topic but i really hope Khanak does not do that... i am still hoping that some day she will tell Shaan abt Madhvi.

@ vandu
I understand what u r saying. When u objected to Khanak missing from one epi, i honestly did not think it was a big deal. I still hope it wont happen again, since Yashu herself said in her FB status that it hurts her to not be in an epi. She is the heroine. She shld be in every episode.