Maryada
Maryada

Maryada - Losing it's grip (Page 2)

DJ.. IF-Sizzlerz
DJ..
DJ..

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 11:58pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Dreamygal301

I don't know enough yet to so say if the story has lost it's grip....probably some tension is gone....it has a huge cast and to maintain everyone's story, certain stories or explanations will fall flat a bit now and again.

What I am noticing is that all the stories are falling flat .......... they should start building one atleast and entwining others into it atleast or run a few paralleled  which is not happening I feel

For e.g. Aditya Priya and Gaurav Vidya or Aditya Priya and Uttara

its all happening in a random order it seems

What I do agree is the bit about Devyani. I too feel that in her bid to hide truths, show the world everything is hunky dory....she rides too rough on everyone. I think she and Priya will be clashing soon, in fact it is  set up to saas bahu platform...Saas will be hiding and bahu will want things in open!!..then open warfare between the two.Unhappy

Exactly currently it feel it will go typical saas bahu way when they can address many things very well like issues such as acceptance of a woman with a disturbed past ........more of setting examples or Gaurav if shown as Gay would have been a very bold topic which would kick the viewers interest ............. plus it is a late night show hence would be appropriate as viewers are the more mature ones who watch such slots

As for Priya the only inconsistency I have found with her was the letter bit...she gives it to him and then tells him to not ask questions. I found this very weird myself Duh!!...to drop a bombshell like that, especially in preparation for the future, you would encourage him to ask Q so all doubts can be cleared....but I guess that was the set up so Adi can get away without reading it. But she is shown to be intelligent, yet too many clues are dropped that clearly tells he has not read her letter but she is not picking up on it....ErmmErmm...cannot understand her characterization due to such inconsistencies As for her behaviour with Adi, I can only guess that certain times she does recall her past and feels quite anxious about it hence her sudden uptight behaviour with Aditya, I think it is natural....if only she had explained it to him.... yes this is natural but then in her interactions with Chinu it is all blushes does not gel

As for the others time will tell...but sometimes it feels like too much info crammed into too little time.  exactly currently it seems the next few days will be shaadi shaadi rasam type episodes which will make things stretched even more

My pov. 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Dreamygal301

DJ.. IF-Sizzlerz
DJ..
DJ..

Posted: 16 December 2010 at 12:10am | IP Logged
Originally posted by anamekaa

Well I started watching this drama basically bcs of aditiya character and his chemistry with priya'.but then I found other stories like of uttara very interesting.. its so soon to say that maryada is losing grip'all the four stories are very interesting but they cannot devote equal time to all and do justice to them in half hour episode'Like I said in my previous reply they need to concentrate on few angles and entwine others well into it but this is not happening ........... they are infact trying to run all parallel and hence since it is a half an hour thing they are not able to do justice to any .right now the main emphasize is on adiya wedding.. and soon track will come where uttara will be given more time and focus'they cannot bring all four stories in focus at the same time this can lead to confusion'now the story line is just developing 'I just hope this aditya priya wedding is not stretched and other stories taking a back seat .........see what I mean is aditya priya wedding then their honey moon then romance etc etc etc what I am saying is that they should not take the beaten road which seems to be the case happening right now.

As far the character of aditiya is concerned he is an impulsive guy and it will be very interesting to watch how he reacts and how he handles the reality'don't u think story would have been boring if aditya was a sober mature quiet guy and we would have known how he will react and stand by her like any other typical hero'Yes it would have been boring but then what I feel is that he seems completely disconnected with his surroundings ......... he understands there is something bothering priya should he not be concerned as to why she is so .............. or curious another very weird point is he sure his father has or has not met priya ......... too blatant mistake to not clarify ............ shaadi ke ghar mein sau kaam hote hai but missing on such important ones is it not stupid ......... plus like priya said yesterday it seems more physical attraction than love and then they keep playing the ishq ishq hai song which seems forced ...........jabardasti use of chemistry now its more interesting to know bcs he is impulsive and unpredictable alsoJand as far acting is concerned as an audience I started watching it bcs of him and I like his acting.. In fact he is a fine actor but somehow in this role he doesn't seem to be clicking........I feel so personally .....

So I think it's a very good serial with great potential and lets just hope it keep on going on right track   this is the exact reason for this post this serial has great potential hope it uses it and is on the right track soon cause if they lose viewers with the time slot, so many other choices and lost track it will get difficult to get back lost viewers

DJ.. IF-Sizzlerz
DJ..
DJ..

Posted: 16 December 2010 at 12:27am | IP Logged
Originally posted by krishna_chalbo

I personally think the drama hasn't lost its grip yet as I am still enjoying the storyline and stiil keen to know on how they handle each track. I am somehow not able to enjoy the the story line cause like I said before that seems to be going the saas bahu shaadi rasam and cutesy cutesy love oh lord bless me which is every where In logo ne bhumika achi bandhani chalu ki thi but now are stagnating I like the way they are moving the story of the  four women and how they are inter linked. I like every character in the drama and one can relate to them The inconsistencies which I saw are not letting me relate to them I am sorry I cannot get myself to agree with you though I would love to cause this indeed seems to be a serial with great potential you know the high drama with a difference not the regular rona dhona Infact I like the way Gaurav inspite of all is all nice to Vidya and the friendship thing they have shown nice way of handling the same ghisapita angle with a difference

Devyani although she is ready to lie to keep her family secrets intact but she does go to lengths to ensure that her DIL is happy. I know she is scared of the fact that Priya is a bold women but then
she is ready to risk the her fam's secret for the sake of her son's happiness. This we do not know for sure she is infact just going with the flow lets see how she handles it these are interesting tracks which I hope they utilize well I think deep down she does want a bahu like Priya who will bring out the secrets. I don't know thats my opinion. I would love it if your opinion is true want to see a strong character which is not seen in a long time

Priya's inconsistent nature has been evident from day 1. Remember when Aditya saves her from drowning and tells her he will come to see her dad and ask her hand in marriage. They showed she was annoyed and finding everything incomprehensible yet she was waiting for him b4 they were about to leave Mansa Devi. She goes hot and cold within minutes and that is because of her troubled past.
There is total disconnect which stops me from connecting to this character

Aditya's character has always been shown as someone who is impulsive, does what his heart tells him. I don't see him as a chauvinist but someone who just enjoys a more physical relation with his loved one. He has never ill treated Priya or made an chauvinist remarks, infact he was the one who built in self confidence back.
I don't know if I was in his shoes I would be a little patient and more curious due to priya's behavior I would like to know how my girl feels only if she is comfortable then can be make me feel good ( understand )

Gaurav's and Vidya story is moving the way you would expect it to move knowing the circumstances under which they got married. By nature Gaurav is a nice sensitive guy who will treat his wife with nicely as he does feel guilty of deceiving Vidya but will not get into a physical relation se he doesn't love her.

I am liking the plot the story line and the drama has potential but then that my POV

DJ.. IF-Sizzlerz
DJ..
DJ..

Posted: 16 December 2010 at 12:35am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Kai_Hiwatari

interesting topic, i agree that writers could have developed Priya and Devyani's background story in a better manner. 4 lead protagonists and they can do wonders which seems to be falling flat due to inconsistencies I see inconsistency even in SSP's character Kvva had made a post on this once before I too was initially disappointed with Priya's confused state of mind and quick acceptance of Adi's advances let alone proposal.Does she not know what all a married life would entail How much does she know Aditya and person with her past will take even more time than any other girl baffles me totally
The writers are in a rush to have AdiYa married but they still could have brought the letter issue again just to make Adi realize that he should have infact paid more attention or probably confess to Chinu he hasn't read it!!!  interesting approach.......... especially after Priya refusing to kiss him and allegation that he always want to get physically close to her only That would have hurt a man's ego badly when his love is termed as physical pleasure only if he is not out to only seek physical pleasure I would be majorly upset if my girl alleges that

Gaurav and Vidya story is are almost parallel with Adi - Priya. The story moves foward smoothly with every episode we get to know more about a character.All the scenes are realistic and dialogues good enough to move the story foward.
Acting wise i think Ridhi was quite weak in the beginining but now she has improved. Raqesh does a fine job as Adi, infact it because of him ppl love the character so much! Rest of cast do a wonderful job!

i am still eagerly looking foward to watching Maryada, so as of now it is the best serial on star plus!  it is better than the rest I hope they don't lose the track and momentum further

cheers
Kai

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Kai.

DJ.. IF-Sizzlerz
DJ..
DJ..

Posted: 16 December 2010 at 12:40am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Kai_Hiwatari

just to add.....there are still lots of things that have to be revealed!!

Uttara's relation with her daughter, Rishab's true nature.?
SSP's cruel and cynical crimes?
Gaurav's love interest?
Bauji and SSP bone of contention?
Uttara and SSP relation?
rishab and SSP hatred for eachother?

The serial will complete 2 month on 18th, we are just introduced to the characters (4 women) plot and how each woman's life inspite of dealing a separate problem are still interconnected.Devyani, Uttara and Vidya are all related it's only Priya who is an outerside. After her marriage she too will be related with the other 3 woman and then the fight for Marayada begins.................... purely my view!

In fact if they would have postponed the wedding thing for a bit longer it would have been more dark and interesting

As to how priya handles it inspite of being in love with aditya and knowing the ssp how she will tackle Whether then devayani still support her .......see if the marriage would not have happened then priya is not a part of the family and hence it would be easier to snap ties and more difficult to maintain hence the test of devayani and priya would have been greater and more interesting to watch Plus how would aditya react then it would be more interesting to watch ...........

the marriage thing is rushed they should have taken time to love angle and introduced the characters more better Purely my view

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Kai.Dreamygal301

DJ.. IF-Sizzlerz
DJ..
DJ..

Posted: 16 December 2010 at 2:53am | IP Logged

Originally posted by JWMRK

Hi there ,

Lovely topic  and you are spot on.

More than them losing the grip, I  think the female-teenage fanship and TRP ship has taken over and now this whole thing seems to be dangerously heading towards only being bout the lead pair or more specifically Adi, with all others turning into subsidiaries.  during my previous reply i was almost going to reference this but saved it to be discussed here as you had referred to it. Yes ...........this is also what I fear ..........especially after seeing the ishq hai ishq hai scene yesterday Priya was genuinely irritated and embarrassed suddenly she is fine plus does not get again irritated when Aditya pulls her close in front of everyone I guess they live in a small town so they should be more conservative as to how to express their love in public than people in large towns or cities would be

To please the female audiences (which admittedly are the majority when it comes to Hindi TV serials) we are showns male torsos and lovey dovey scenes...........just like any other serial. sabse badi pakkau giri hoti hai woh ..........its a late night slot and they can do so much more with the serial like handling many more issues which such time slot viewers may want to watch which the male torso lovey dovey ones can watch re-runs of other serials

I was so fascinated by this serial that I wanted to write, but last two weeks and especially last week have been a pull through. I used write for dill mill gayee forum very often cause i got hooked to one character but here i am also not feeling like writing cause non of the characters or story is pulling me towards it ........... the only interesting character i am liking now is gaurav and yes devayani was interesting to me some time back hence had made a post on her  Please write would love to read your thoughts

The serial has ignored some of the most fascinating characters .......or if you like it, has turned them into something run-of the mill and like another clone of the tele-serials on air.......when actually there could have been so much to do with them. i just hope they don't go that way they still can do and have time to do a lot with the serial

a. Gaurav -  I want to see Gaurav battling his emotions, battling his sense of responsibility, wanting to break free, wanting to come through into his own........all this can only be shown if he is shown to think, react and its high time they bring whoever is in his life to the fore......gay or not gay....his character has a lot of potential.....its the classic parent/ society expectation gap syndrome......now all we seem to be shown are his chisselled abs, and his cutesy scenes with Vidya (and by the way what a finely nuanced performance by Dakshh, despite the little he gets to do, impressive ......nowadays sadly he is reduced to a male prop).

I am drawn most to this character as he can be shown with so many different emotions and I feel Dakshh is a good actor I completely agree with you on this

b. Priya - Well since she is in many scenes it seems she is the focus, but her scenes now are the too familiar trypes, girl falls in boys arms, eye-lock, heaving breathing types.......no nuance to the character any more. Most girls in India go through some kind of abuse .............and therefore this character had sooooo much potential and the ability to relate to all of us....Now Priya seems like Adi's sidekick and just another felame lead.

She is the most important female lead and I guess that is why she is shown ahead of all in the montage for the serial But like you said Aditya is given more importance to woo the female fans I guess......... I hope they bring out Aditya's character well if not then the essence would be lot ......... He should not be shown too forceful as some women do like forceful men and like such characterization

c. Vidya - I think what started off as a pathos filled performance.....has not turned into almost a twittering, simpering joke...........Creatives please give us the mature Vidya back, who said a gazillion things with her eyes in the initial two episodes , especially the one when she is in the train journey to Mansa Devi..........vacant, distressed eyes and the strain of the unkown.

Currently this character irritates me ........... she is shown shy and not so confident but is actually is equally intelligent Like when she managed to camouflage her disappointment about Gaurav not coming home and not calling in front of Imli giving some reason Then why is she not able to put 1+1 together.

d. SSP Jhakar - Well simply put, evil is fascinating.......and its most fascinating when its filled with shades of grey......But I guess to secure the place for popular villian awards in next TV award function, the writers seem to have turned SSP into a charcoal black shade .........Why cant we have an intelligent, attractive (in the mindspace friends ) villian........someone who has so much positive going for him and is good in many ways.......but then there is the one dark streak of weakness, in the midst of all the positive.......the urge to sexually abuse. 

You are right here also .......there are men who are extremely positively and have good nature but have either an abusive streak such as being forceful towards women in general or just in the bedroom its like they have a fetish ......... maybe they could have shown the SSP as such a person with one weakness that is women What I don't understand is why to show the woman stronger the man with her has to be completely bad or a villian. If the SSP is soo bad and Devayani is still bearing with him then she is stupid and feeble not strong .......and if she knows all this why is she not shown completely disgusted at him even once 

Well for me, Maryada was scintillating in the first three weeks.........but now I regularly flip it to my recorder  and skip the scenes.........apart from when Chinu is on .....the only untampered soul so far hahahahaah.

I started watching after my exams when I heard a lot of praise of this serial from my friends but now a day while watching I am surfing and chatting simultaneously That is what I would say the story and characters do not have the quality to have you glued for those 20 mins I at times even surf to see another show in between ads and things are going well there then I almost forget I am watching this serial

Point is if the viewers are lost at this time slot they will be harder to get them back  

It is still an above average serial in comparison to many other serials........but the way it seems to be headed surely raises a concern.

Thanks......again a great topic to read

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Maryada Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index