India-Forums

Sanjog Se Bani Sangini
Sanjog Se Bani Sangini

RR and her hubby

Thamesriver IF-Dazzler
Thamesriver
Thamesriver

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 8:34am | IP Logged
RR and Jeyaraj were never good parents. But yesterday when they both hugged each other and were crying they looked like parents whose dreams were broken by their son. 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

ekumeedChaudhrytm*4rom heaven*

avggomez Senior Member
avggomez
avggomez

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 9:05am | IP Logged
surprisingly i never saw that part... watching the epi again...
ekumeed Senior Member
ekumeed
ekumeed

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 10:23am | IP Logged
Anuhia, I loved that scene.

Parents I feel do so much for us that we should at least from our end try not to hurt them. And it seems that all Rudra does is disappoint them. I am not saying that it is his fault completely because parents' neglect has led him to this point where their input is not as valuable to him but I do not regard Rudra highly for always trying to throw a jibe here or there at his parents which I am sure goes like arrows into their hearts and breaks it a little more than it has already been broken by seeing how unmanageable and heartbroken their own son at a juncture of his life that should have seen him living a happily living a married life.

If I had a son like Rudra...I think I would be very disappointed not because he married Gauri though that would be part of it but more because he never tried to look beyond my flaws as a parent. On parenting there is no how-to manual that can lead to handling correctly the situations of a child always and perfectly and also naturally there are some parents who are better than others. And Rudra's parents fall into the category of not-so-good parents. 

But when all is said and done, they are still Rudra's parents and in their own ways I have seen them trying to be better and be concerned about their son's welfare and they do do things for him to the best of their capacity. Even Rudra's father, though he is foremost concerned about business, has his eyes moistened with regret when his own father reminds him that he has not done a good parenting job with his son.

And also, do you remember that scene where Rudra's father is simply staring at his picture and the people of the mansion behind him are trying to persuade him to allow Gauri into the home for the sake of a favorable court judgment? To me, that was a very powerful scene and one of the highlights of the show. Because it again proved that though Rudra's father cares very much for his son, the disappointment in his son is so high that it keeps him from bending. Rightly or wrongly, I think Rudra's father has written off Rudra as the prodigal son. And I would love to see Rudra heal this friction eventually by proving that he can be a responsible and mature man.

Moreover, I honestly believe that if Rudra sat down to think about his own flaws, perhaps he would be more forgiving and accepting of his past and his parents' flawed parenting that shaped that past. And that forgiveness if born from his heart might well provide the impetus for better and healthier outlook on his parents which might in turn improve his relationship with them.

Sincerely,
Ek Umeed

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ChaudhrytmThamesriver

newpath Senior Member
newpath
newpath

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 10:35am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Anuhia

RR and Jeyaraj were never good parents. But yesterday when they both hugged each other and were crying they looked like parents whose dreams were broken by their son. 

I felt the same way....they felt helpless and broken.

Very moving scene.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

ekumeedThamesriver*4rom heaven*

*4rom heaven* IF-Rockerz
*4rom heaven*
*4rom heaven*

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 10:50am | IP Logged
Loveddddd that scene, for once It looked like they are the parents of R, who are very hurt for what their son did w/o their consent, it was a very touching scene, i also loved how RG were looking at them...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Thamesriver

Thamesriver IF-Dazzler
Thamesriver
Thamesriver

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 10:51am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ekumeed

Anuhia, I loved that scene.

Parents I feel do so much for us that we should at least from our end try not to hurt them. And it seems that all Rudra does is disappoint them. I am not saying that it is his fault completely because parents' neglect has led him to this point where their input is not as valuable to him but I do not regard Rudra highly for always trying to throw a jibe here or there at his parents which I am sure goes like arrows into their hearts and breaks it a little more than it has already been broken by seeing how unmanageable and heartbroken their own son at a juncture of his life that should have seen him living a happily living a married life.

If I had a son like Rudra...I think I would be very disappointed not because he married Gauri though that would be part of it but more because he never tried to look beyond my flaws as a parent. On parenting there is no how-to manual that can lead to handling correctly the situations of a child always and perfectly and also naturally there are some parents who are better than others. And Rudra's parents fall into the category of not-so-good parents. 

But when all is said and done, they are still Rudra's parents and in their own ways I have seen them trying to be better and be concerned about their son's welfare and they do do things for him to the best of their capacity. Even Rudra's father, though he is foremost concerned about business, has his eyes moistened with regret when his own father reminds him that he has not done a good parenting job with his son.

And also, do you remember that scene where Rudra's father is simply staring at his picture and the people of the mansion behind him are trying to persuade him to allow Gauri into the home for the sake of a favorable court judgment? To me, that was a very powerful scene and one of the highlights of the show. Because it again proved that though Rudra's father cares very much for his son, the disappointment in his son is so high that it keeps him from bending. Rightly or wrongly, I think Rudra's father has written off Rudra as the prodigal son. And I would love to see Rudra heal this friction eventually by proving that he can be a responsible and mature man.

Moreover, I honestly believe that if Rudra sat down to think about his own flaws, perhaps he would be more forgiving and accepting of his past and his parents' flawed parenting that shaped that past. And that forgiveness if born from his heart might well provide the impetus for better and healthier outlook on his parents which might in turn improve his relationship with them.

Sincerely,
Ek Umeed

I loved what you wrote Ek umeed. 
ekumeed Senior Member
ekumeed
ekumeed

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 11:19am | IP Logged
Anuhia, that goes both ways. I love how in one line you summed up the scene and its underlying feeling. This is conventionally hard to do but you managed it eloquently and simply. Beautiful!

Sincerely,
Ek Umeed 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Chaudhrytm

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index