Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

TV serials-Entertainment or Addiction ? (Page 2)

.EatMyShorts. Senior Member

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 10:21pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

SheVi4life IF-Dazzler
SheVi4life
SheVi4life

Posted: 23 December 2010 at 11:59pm | IP Logged
pure addiction..hard to face this but yea pure addiction..when u first start its entertainment but as time passes by its addiction..trust me...i've understood the difference between entertaing and addicting...like this show i use watch in the past..wont name it=P...i use to think that its the most entertaining thing in the world nd no show is better..now after i stopped watching the show..i understand that it was addiction...it never entertained...it stressed out my frikin mind!!...so tv shows are entertaining as long as u have sum limits set..like not let them affect ur mind..thats why i hate it when people bash actors/shows constantly...its like r u that addicted wid ur favs that u spend so much time just bashing a fiction thing??!!..lol..now i have limits i use to be addicted to tv shows..now i watch them for fun nd my favs change every now nd then..coz my fav is the one thats entertaining the 30 mins of my everyday life nd doesnt leave my mind in stress...hope i made sum sense nd answered the question rite=P

Edited by CAqueen - 24 December 2010 at 12:01am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

tvdekha

Shipra_S IF-Rockerz
Shipra_S
Shipra_S

Posted: 24 December 2010 at 6:20am | IP Logged
Originally posted by CAqueen

pure addiction..hard to face this but yea pure addiction..when u first start its entertainment but as time passes by its addiction..trust me...i've understood the difference between entertaing and addicting...like this show i use watch in the past..wont name it=P...i use to think that its the most entertaining thing in the world nd no show is better..now after i stopped watching the show..i understand that it was addiction...it never entertained...it stressed out my frikin mind!!...so tv shows are entertaining as long as u have sum limits set..like not let them affect ur mind..thats why i hate it when people bash actors/shows constantly...its like r u that addicted wid ur favs that u spend so much time just bashing a fiction thing??!!..lol..now i have limits i use to be addicted to tv shows..now i watch them for fun nd my favs change every now nd then..coz my fav is the one thats entertaining the 30 mins of my everyday life nd doesnt leave my mind in stress...hope i made sum sense nd answered the question rite=P

You didn't make some sense, you made total sense dear.

That's exactly what i meant by my post. That when we start out, it's entertaining, but beyond a point it's nothing more than an addiction. And i don't think it can EVER happen that you watch a show regularly and it doesn't affect your mind! It's bound to!

Thanks!Smile
JaiJaiIraniMata IF-Rockerz
JaiJaiIraniMata
JaiJaiIraniMata

Posted: 24 December 2010 at 11:54pm | IP Logged
 It should be a source of entertainment but slowly it becomes an addiction and we get attached to the show and the cast,fans bash others and hurt their feelings for characters who don't even exist and also for actors who are not aware of such fans' existence.

Shipra_S

SheVi4life IF-Dazzler
SheVi4life
SheVi4life

Posted: 25 December 2010 at 7:00pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Shipra_S

Originally posted by CAqueen

You didn't make some sense, you made total sense dear.

That's exactly what i meant by my post. That when we start out, it's entertaining, but beyond a point it's nothing more than an addiction. And i don't think it can EVER happen that you watch a show regularly and it doesn't affect your mind! It's bound to!

Thanks!Smile

ohh m glad i made complete sense..nd ur welcome..

Shipra_S

leeseunggilove IF-Rockerz
leeseunggilove
leeseunggilove

Posted: 27 December 2010 at 7:08am | IP Logged
hmmm well im still addicted to remix...i love dat show....
bt wenever im watching vampire diaries i have to watch d entire thing frm start to finsh bcz its addictive...wich aint the case wid remix bcz aftr watching 5 epis back to back...i cn switch it off..!
so yeah ceratin shows are entertaining as well addictive!
thegameison IF-Sizzlerz
thegameison
thegameison

Crazy Creative Minion

Posted: 27 December 2010 at 10:34am | IP Logged
A TV show is like first a source of entertainment, then a stress buster and eventually a sheer addiction. But then this addiction doesn't last very long provided the liking we possess about so and so thing or person in fiction is very hollow - all you need is one wrong move, something that for you is unacceptable and the addiction is over.

Like see, I have loved Mayank and Nupur of MJHT too much but somehow I never liked them after the confession was made as much as I loved them before. Nothing even close to that, the show was losing its charm. So like  other addictions, TV addictions aren't very contagious - they do let you go easily. BUT, it is dependent on if you choose to keep yourself captivated by something fictitious. Its nothing 'dangerous' but access of everything is bad, we shouldn't forget! :D
Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 27 December 2010 at 4:51pm | IP Logged
I have a policy of letting others have the TV first if they want to watch something else. I may sometimes catch the repeats. These days the comedy programmes are not so addictive. I used to love Seinfeld.

Edited by Summer3 - 27 December 2010 at 7:21pm

Go to top