Chhoti Bahu.. Sindoor Bin Suhaagan

India-Forums

new article:after KMH2will it be CHOTI BAHU-2?

viprakshi IF-Dazzler
viprakshi
viprakshi

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 4:02am | IP Logged

After KMH 2 will it be Chhoti Bahu 2?

• paire
  • becomes
  • heart with
  • for her
  • the air
  • logical
Hits: 19

Sequel is a term that is often related with Bollywood films because we have seen lots of films coming out with their sequels these days. For example we have sequel of Sarkar, Golmaal, Hera Pheri and many others, including the latest buzz on Dabangg. But, this trend is now entering the television industry as well.

Kitani Mohabbat Hai 2

Kitani Mohabbat Hai 2

The sequel trend in Indian television industry was started by 'soap queen' Ekta Kapoor. Recently, Balaji Telefilms

has come up with the second season of its popular romantic show 'Kitani Mohabbat Hai' and it is getting quite a good response from the viewers because of its much loved lead pair of Kritika Kamra and Karan Kundra. However, Ekta has taken a wise step by changing the storyline totally in the second season so that viewers get to see fresh ideas with old faces.

This trend set by Ekta is now possibly going to be followed by the makers of Zee TV's once popular show 'Chhoti Bahu', which was taken off air on September 19, 2010. There is a strong buzz that the makers are planning for the sequel of 'Chhoti Bahu' and they also want to offer the viewers a fresh storyline keeping the title and the lead characters intact.

The first season of 'Chhoti Bahu' was launched on December 8, 2008 with newcomers Rubina Dilaik and Avinash Sachdev in the lead roles. Rubina won everyone's heart with her innocent and fresh look. Her character Radhika was an ardent devote of Lord Krishna. She played an orphan girl, who was brought up by Pandit Brij Mohan Shastri. Radhika is always ready to sacrifice her happiness and love for her family and sister Vishaka, who is an ambitious girl.

As Dev (Avinash Sachdev) enters her life, she realizes the worth of love but faces lots of problems and barriers before she can actually get married to her love. Viewers ushered unconditional love to the show that used to be aired at 7.30 pm from Monday to Friday.  Starting from a lower middle class family of a 'Pujari' in Vrindavan, she becomes the 'Choti bahu' of renowned Purohit

Chhoti Bahu

Chhoti Bahu

family of Delhi.

The love story of Dev and Radhika was quite unusual and sometimes looked impractical too but that did not affect the popularity of the show. And, now the makers 'DJ's Creative Unit' has probably thought of recreating the magic of the first season with the sequel. But, is it necessary that the viewers will again love to see the pairing of Rubina and Avinash? They loved Kritika and Karan in the sequel because the first season was not very lengthy and viewers were left hungry to watch more of Arohi and Arjun. But the same does not apply to Radhika and Dev because their love story was stretched for two years and often it felt boring and monotonous. In this era of modernization, Radhika looks very out of date and Dev too dull, who cannot identify the girl he actually loves.

Choti Bahu

Choti Bahu

So, if 'Chhoti Bahu 2' comes following the trend of 'Kitani Mohabbat Hai' then they may end up offering yet another boring love story. However, if the story is set in modern context and the characters are portrayed with a minimum level of intelligence then maybe they get takers of the sequel.  Chhoti Bahu had finally given a logical ending but dragging the story

for the sake of a sequel will be a dumb decision.

We cannot bet on the popularity of Rubina and Avinash pairing because they never appeared on any kind of reality shows whereas Kritika and Karan were seen showcasing their moves on Zara Nach Ke Dikha. As a result, there was connectivity with the viewers when they returned with their new avatar of Arohi and Arjun again. On the other hand, Avinash and Rubina almost vanished from the scene as soon as the show concluded. Why don't the makers try out something different rather than going for sequels. There is no dearth of idea if they want to explore at all rather than blindly following the trend set by another popular serial.

We never know if Rubina and Avinash turn a happening onscreen couple provided they are portrayed in a different manner with different storyline! For now, we can just wait and watch if the makers really come out with something interesting in the form of 'Chhoti Bahu 2'.

Best case scenario: if Chhoti Bahu 2 hits the air and is actually able to garner the same kind of appreciation as KMH 2' then what's next? DMG 2? RKAB 2? Bairi Piya 2?

' Ritupo*na Nath / TellyCafe.com

What shows and/or jodis would you like to see back in action? Tell us

here is the link:

Edited by viprakshi - 15 December 2010 at 4:38am

The following 12 member(s) liked the above post:

baas-tvnandanie.Nitzy..PutijaChalhovradha_bilahariradhika5gardesAngie12nycsweetiemisti73NeerjaaSilverBell

misti73 IF-Sizzlerz
misti73
misti73

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 5:11am | IP Logged
Thanks Virakshi.........

Ahh an article.........I am in a dissecting mood today.Tongue

"Chhoti Bahu had finally given a logical ending but dragging the story"...ErmmWackoD'oh...hmmm writer saabh or sahiba.......when does burning a girl and setting the attempted murderer free give a logical ending?D'oh Does that mean that all the people in India who are in jail for burning their DILs and daughters have been wrongly convicted by the judiciary system in India? Wacko....a guy who suffers from amnesia for 5 years not only gets cured but then reverts back to his old self in one night...Wacko...... well our Radhika did have magical powersWinkBlushing but does it make it logical? Stern Smile Throughout the entire show Radhikas bloodline was not given prominence ....I mean it was shown that Radhika is getting all the good things in life because she is a pure soul and then suddenly at the end her bloodline become so important that we are told that Radhika is like this becauseof herbloodline......Angry.......where is the logic in this? Stern Smile

"But, is it necessary that the viewers will again love to see the pairing of Rubina and Avinash? They loved Kritika and Karan in the sequel because the first season was not very lengthy and viewers were left hungry to watch more of Arohi and Arjun. But the same does not apply to Radhika and Dev because their love story was stretched for two years and often it felt boring and monotonous. "

ROFLROFLROFL.well the stretching part is true and so also the boring part when the circles started but the rest......first of all the first sentence to me looks like generalising all the viewers response as same and the remaining part looks like case of "sour grapes" to me. Wink

"We cannot bet on the popularity of Rubina and Avinash pairing because they never appeared on any kind of reality shows whereas Kritika and Karan were seen showcasing their moves on Zara Nach Ke Dikha. As a result, there was connectivity with the viewers when they returned with their new avatar of Arohi and Arjun again. On the other hand, Avinash and Rubina almost vanished from the scene as soon as the show concluded. "

LOL...Tch Tch..........shouldn't one be checking facts before printing them?Wink

Why don't the makers try out something different rather than going for sequels. There is no dearth of idea if they want to explore at all rather than blindly following the trend set by another popular serial.

Ahh so is this real reason behind this article..............tch tch looks like someone is not happy.........Wink....so someone following the fashion of sequels of the movie industry and translating that to TV is ok but if someone else does this then it is not ok? Isn't it the case of the pot calling the kettle black.WinkLOL

For me sequels are difficult because the main actors and the new story will always be compared to the original story .............they really need to have a strong screenplay and a good concept which is not a copy.........I don't know what is in store for CB2 .........only future will tell.

Edited by misti73 - 15 December 2010 at 6:04pm

The following 13 member(s) liked the above post:

SPNASDia03nandanie.Nitzy..PutijaChalhovradhika5chipakAnsa786radha_bilahariAngie12ashna26NeerjaaSilverBell

radha_bilahari Goldie
radha_bilahari
radha_bilahari

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 5:30am | IP Logged
Thanks Viprakshi for sharing the article.

Well said Misti.  The negative vibrations for CB2 has begun.  someone is really not happy about the return of the show, which is going to be added pressure on the makers of the second season.  It is but natural that the second one will always be compared to the original and it is not only a difficult task for the makers but the actors also because they need to deliver beyond expectations.

Personally I felt that CB and their actors were not promoted when the show was on, but their talents have been well and truly recognised after the show, so much so that they have been in the news more regularly now.  Perhaps the writer of this article has failed to notice the participation of Rubina in Nachle VE, Samarpan in Star news and feels that they have vanished into oblivion and therefore claims that the audience cannot connect with them.  If the leads of the other sequel could connect well even after a long gap, why would these two not when their show ended only 3 months back.

The writer of this article was correct on certain issues.  the fact that he feels that the characters must be shown to have minimum amount of intelligence sat well with me.  There were numerous times when all of us felt that there was over-dependence on the Knha aspect that common-sense which is an integral part of human thinking was sacrificed.

I do hope the makers of CB2 do take this as constructive criticism and address all the issues raised by us and give us a good season 2.    

Edited by radha_bilahari - 15 December 2010 at 5:39am

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

nandanieDia03.Nitzy..PutijaChalhovradhika5chipakAnsa786Angie12ashna26misti73Neerjaa

chocolate_boy IF-Rockerz
chocolate_boy
chocolate_boy

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 5:36am | IP Logged
I really hate the tellycafe site.They give very sarcastic comments.Well even if new season is flop, we have nothing to do.It will be CVs fault.But happy for my AVINA.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

avina_forever

.Nitzy.. Senior Member
.Nitzy..
.Nitzy..

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 6:19am | IP Logged
Why compare the two serials in the first place? They both are of totally diff genres... Tellycafe articles never have had credibility. Rem the 6 months extension article? It was a tellycafe one.
yes. Ekta started this trend. Not with KMH2 but with kutumb if im not wrong. Seems Tellycafe is filled with articles reg KMH2 these days... Whats wrong if someone follows the trend set by another? Its not like they are copying KMH2...CB was original for most part of the show till the abhay track unlike most shows and fetched far high trps than most modern love stories even with its "outdated" storyline...and Karan and krithika appeared in a reality show because there was a lot of gap between KMH1 and KMH2,they did diff shows in bet with diff ppl as leads...they were out of limelight as a couple for quite sometime. CB2 actually has an advantage here since there had not been a lot of time gap and ppl have not forgotten radev. The popularity which they are speaking abt is in the internet world. The audience who watch these shows and determine the trps most don't have access to the net. The very fact that within 2 months of a serial ending the pair is back on public demand speaks a lot abt their popularity, doesn't it? A lot of other popular pairs have not been back on demand even though ppl have been making petitions, calls and stuff. Anyway CB2's success to a large extent depends on the screenplay, storyline and direction. The popularity of the actors only helps and to write off a serial even before it has started saying that its leads are not popular is lame. Hope CB2 does well and avina get the success they deserve.

Edited by -priyanka- - 15 December 2010 at 8:43am

The following 12 member(s) liked the above post:

Alliya4vishala08nandaniePutijaChalhovchipakradha_bilahariAnsa786avina_foreverAngie12Neerjaaashna26misti73

ashna26 IF-Sizzlerz
ashna26
ashna26

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 6:29am | IP Logged
Who ever wrote this article need get their facts straight, lol!
On the other hand, Avinash and Rubina almost vanished from the scene as soon as the show concluded! Yeah right, Confused after the ending they did a tour overseas!  With thousand of fans wanting to see them!  Rubina did a show for Star news and she was on Nachle Ve. Isn't that enough in three months, writer!!
I have no idea who the actors are from KMH or something,  I only heard they had a sequel. Is the writer a fan of this show or something, she seems to be praising the show a lot lol! And telling how popular the actors are! So they can have second season and CB 2 can't Confused because CB 2 excist longer and Avinash and Rubina aren't popular. People are tired yeah right, thats why people keep writing to Zee tv to bring back Avinash and Rubina!  Choti Bahu has a large fan overseas and in India! And the trp of CB were good! CB has great content with Kahna at background and Dev and Radhika!

And their facts about Radhika look outdated and Dev boring lol give me a break. There isn't character like Dev ever on tv!  Their looks where perfect in mine opinion. They had their charm and where very cute!
I'm sure going to send them mine opinion about this article!

Edited by ashna26 - 15 December 2010 at 6:51am

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

vishala08nandaniePutijaChalhovchipakradhika5avina_foreverviprakshiNeerjaa

Angie12 IF-Rockerz
Angie12
Angie12

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 6:29am | IP Logged

Read this article as it looked interesting and seemed to make some valid points.  But, then by the end of the article seemed like a disgruntled person who is associated with the industry. 

He talks about CB and Dev's character as being outdated and impractical.  Now, which serial is practical or realistic to begin with.  None of Ekta's or other production houses or any channels are producing anything remotely modern. 

As far as CB is concerned, it started on an impractical note, but the sequence was shown logically as to why it happened.  That's why viewers got hooked.  I agree with Misti that serial was boring and dragging at points because they did not punish anybody.  That was the reason for disenchantment of viewers with the second year.  In the first year, the show was interesting as it focused on mistreatment of an orphan girl whose immense faith and a love of good person transforms her.

As far as CB2 is concerned,  I have no expectations because the same people did not give any nice treatment to CB1.  Don't know about Kitni Mohabbat but am sure that it is not modern either.  I do hope that CB2 is brought back with a fresh story and outlook, but have no faith in the makers. 

As far as Avina disappearing from the screen is concerned,  it has been only four months and for last two months Rubina is either doing dances or that documentary.  Also, they travelled abroad to meet with their fans.  So, that is hardly disappearing.  I am glad that they did not a reality show until now as somehow it overexposes these stars.   

I am looking for a logical show with strong, consistent and intelligent characters.  I don't necessarily care if it is not realistic or not.   Else,  I wouldn't enjoy movies like Avatar, Spiderman etc.  All I want is an entertainment and not endless torture where the leads are shown to be either unnecessarily sacrificing or getting tortured and there is no payback for wrongdoers. 

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

nandanievishala08PutijaChalhovradhika5Ansa786radha_bilaharichipakmisti73Neerjaaashna26

PutijaChalhov Coolbie
PutijaChalhov
PutijaChalhov

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 7:47am | IP Logged
Vprakashi thanks for sharing at least we also come to know about some disgruntled elements also.

Whoever wrote this article had some observations correct about story line etc and rest were someones disgruntled thoughts especially the observations about the leads and as everyone has written many points I want to conclude by saying that the channel itself had done some research a I read somewhere and after coming to the conclusion that they were very popular planned a sequel with a different storyline.looks like the article is gossip with a leaning towards KMH leads.LOLAngry Wonder who is the person behind such half baked story.She is stirring a hornets nestLOL among the CB and Avinash and Rubina fans.Misti Radha why3 and all loved ur takes.

Edited by chalhov - 15 December 2010 at 8:25am

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

vishala08nandaniechipakradha_bilahariAnsa786radhika5ashna26Neerjaamisti73

Go to top