Rang Badalti Odhani

Madhavi Khandelwal on her TV journey - Article

niveditha IF-Sizzlerz
niveditha
niveditha

Posted: 14 December 2010 at 11:46pm | IP Logged
Madhavi Khandelwal on her TV journey
STARONE.IN

Madhavi Khandelwal, Shaan's mother in Rang Badalti Odhani, has come a long way.

STARONE.IN

More than a decade old in the acting industry, having worked with some seasoned actors, Madhavi has now become one of the senior-most actors on the sets of Odhani. The actress feels that the younger lot doesn't value the name and fame they earn in no time, and fail to understand that it is short-lived. According to her, yesteryear actors used to spend a lot of time rehearsing and helping each other with their dialogues, which is not a norm with the current breed, as they have no time to rehearse properly. Mrs. Khandelwal shares her experience and her journey till date.

You started your career with Teacher, a decade ago. How has been the journey?

My journey has been eventful. I have been fortunate enough to have worked with some fabulous and talented co-actors and brilliant directors. My team in Teacher was like a dream set- up. We used to rehearse together and always helped each other with dialogues. There was no internal competition whatsoever, but we all thrived to make the show a huge success with collective efforts. We tried to do as much as we could in favour of the show. It was not just a money-making business, but all about quenching your thirst to do quality work.

How has television changed in these years? Is it for good or bad?

Earlier, it was all about bi-weeklies and weeklies. The fact that the show aired only twice or once a week enhanced its quality as you have ample time to devote to a show. There is a huge difference in a doing a daily and a weekly. For a weekly, you are required to do two scenes as compared to eight scenes you end up shooting for a daily. We really worked hard and tried to absorb knowledge as much as we can, as we had time on hand to discuss the scene and rehearse it. With dailies, quality does suffer as we are in a hurry to meet the deadlines. Also, since so many channels have mushroomed, we end up remaking the same old shows which suggest our herd mentality, but viewers have grown smart and they understand if they are being cheated. It's not easy to fool them.

What do you take into account while signing a show?

Two things that I take into consideration is my role and if the soap has the potential to strike the right chord with the viewers. But the success of a show completely depends on viewers' taste and preference. Even the finest of actors can't save the ship from sinking. Content is the king in today's times, and like I said, you can't fool your audience. They have so many options and can switch to some other channel if they feel that you serving them frivolous stuff. I make it a point that the show I am associated with has quality content.

How do you know the audience is set for your show?

The initial two months are crucial, as this is the time when you can set the stage right for the viewers. If they like the show, they will watch it, else it's a big thumbs down. It's a lesson to be learnt that you have erred badly in understanding the pulse of the nation.

What do you think of the current breed of actors? It's easy to become popular and known now, given the number of mediums that expose and make you reach the viewers like social networking sites. Comment.

Acting has now become a profession which is synonymous with quick money. New comers and fresh faces are coming in hordes on a daily basis. They don't get to learn as there is no time. The moment you are facing the camera, everything else ceases to exist. But then there is a saying that practice makes a man perfect. They learn it whilst doing the show. TV today has a scope for all age-groups, right from grandparents, parents to leads and friends. As far as getting the right kind of exposure is concerned, they get it all through social networking sites and media coverage, which was not so prevelant during our days.

Like a doting mother, Madhavi has extended her full support to her son Shaan when he has decided to make a career in music. She firmly believes in her son and his potential. Will she be able to convince her husband Sunil, who think Shaan is an irresponsible and impulsive guy who doesn't take anything seriously in life? Watch it all on
Rang Badalti Odhani, Monday to Saturday, 10:00 pm on STAR One.

StarOne news
Neha Maheshwri/Hill Road Media
StarOne news
Tuesday, December 14, 2010

http://www.starone.in/news/1079/madhavi-khandelwal-on-her-tv-journey.aspx

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Ashi22kubare

jyothi1989 IF-Dazzler
jyothi1989
jyothi1989

Posted: 14 December 2010 at 11:50pm | IP Logged
nice one thanks dear for the article
shinyclassic IF-Dazzler
shinyclassic
shinyclassic

Posted: 14 December 2010 at 11:58pm | IP Logged
wow madhvi khandelwal,,well answered to all the questions
tvrasika IF-Rockerz
tvrasika
tvrasika

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 12:45am | IP Logged
Thanks for the interview.

kubare IF-Sizzlerz
kubare
kubare

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 1:02am | IP Logged
Thanks for the article dear....yes quality of the show sure does loses out on quantity in dalies...RBO was truly lucky to maintain quality for more the 6 months....
togepe30 IF-Stunnerz
togepe30
togepe30

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 1:51am | IP Logged
Something makes me feel that she is talking about RBO when she says lack of rehearsing and internal competition...! I hope not !
bones88 IF-Stunnerz
bones88
bones88

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 3:04am | IP Logged
thaanks for the articleBig smile
_sana.Magic_ IF-Rockerz
_sana.Magic_
_sana.Magic_

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 3:17am | IP Logged
Thnx 4 the article

Go to top