Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

tulipbaby53 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago
Denzel's attitude is nothing new. It's like many people here. They have a lack of awareness, and they don't care.

AR Rahman and Asad Khan were truly AMAZING! The orchestra was also phenomenal! This was an excellent fusion of western and Indian classical music. AR Rahman truly immerses himself in each song, and he feels it. It's like the music flows from inside him.
amukta thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Did you notice after the performance he is thanking the lord...he is very spiritual and a great advocate of love and peace.
raatkarahi thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
He is the best in Bollywood (no doubt) and probably one of the best in the world

A great music composer and a wonderful human being
amukta thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail

User name  PasswordRemember 
December 18, 2010 5:36:58 AM
 ADVERTISE
SUBSCRIBEARCHIVESABOUT US
IndiaWest Home | Global | News
  E-mail to Your Friend  Print this Article  
ENTERTAINMENT - GLOBAL

Rahman Nominated for Golden Globe for '127 Hours' Soundtrack
By LISA TSERING
indiawest.comDecember 16, 2010 02:00:00 PM  

A.R. Rahman's lucky streak with filmmaker Danny Boyle ("Slumdog Millionaire") has not let up. The Oscar- and Grammy-winning composer, who performed just last week at the Nobel Peace Prize ceremonies in Oslo, woke up Dec. 14 to hear the news that his latest Hollywood soundtrack had been nominated for a Golden Globe Award.

For Boyle's "127 Hours," Rahman masterfully melded haunting guitar themes and contemporary songs to provide a moving soundtrack behind the true story of Aron Ralston (James Franco), a young American rock climber whose arm became trapped under a fallen boulder.

The scene when Ralston amputates his own arm has been considered one of the most powerful and disturbing movie images ever shown in a mainstream Hollywood film, and a large part of its visceral impact comes from Rahman's music.

He was conflicted as he wrote the music for the gruesome scene. "At first, it felt a little bit too harsh," he told the Los Angeles Times.

"But I went to the computer and went for something meditative rather than harsh.

"It was a very difficult scene. I had to see it more than 40 times. We started pulling things out of the score. We wanted to make it more human."

An original song written by Rahman for the film, and performed as a duet with the British pop star Dido, "If I Rise," is expected to garner awards attention this season as well; though the song did not make it to the Globes nomination list.

In the "Best Original Score: Motion Picture" category, Rahman is up against Alexandre Desplat ("The King's Speech"), Danny Elfman ("Alice in Wonderland"), Trent Reznor ("The Social Network") and Hans Zimmer ("Inception").

Post your comments.
Edited by amukta - 13 years ago
Fan_Number1 thumbnail
All the best dear Rahman...we indians offer you our support and pray to god for your sucess...

👏
-Aaliyah- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Saw the performance earlier.
LOVED IT! I love it when he plays Liquid Dance =)
And I saw Jack dancing 😳
Indradhanush thumbnail
very very proud of Rahman, what a son o f soil (India..!).

Recently read two books on him, he is very hard working and a genius, at times eccentric.
I'm so proud to have been a Rahman fan for all these years! The man never lets me down :) Wonderful performance, and a huge congrats to him for the nomination 😃