Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4 - Dancing with the Stars

K Kaif & Madhuri (Page 2)

anjali10 IF-Rockerz
anjali10
anjali10

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 12:04pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by kaushikbasu

Originally posted by anjali10

yes, that is really weird.  I mean she ( Madhuri Dixit ) talks in such an accent which can not be called a complete indian accent or a complete american accent. She seems to be trapped in betweenConfusedLOL
Obviously, her husband does not speak hindi or Marathi. he speaks only English and most probably that would be American English so this was bound to happen.

But in some interview MD said her husband can speak fluent MarathiOuch. Even when MD was in India, one famous marathi writer was interviewing her in Marathi, she couldnt speak fluently Confused, whats with that?? ( this is sometime in the 90s, and a lot of ppl were shocked to listen to her broken marathi Ouch)
I am a Maharashtrian and have been in the US for quite a while now, also have many maharashtrian friends here but we don't speak like this LOL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Okazakiswan20

Okazaki Senior Member
Okazaki
Okazaki

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 12:13pm | IP Logged
Arre she spoke fluent Marathi with Ankita and Renuka na! (whatever little she spoke)

P.S: @Anjali, even I'm Maharashtrian Wink
anjali10 IF-Rockerz
anjali10
anjali10

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 12:15pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Okazaki

Arre she spoke fluent Marathi with Ankita and Renuka na! (whatever little she spoke)

P.S: @Anjali, even I'm Maharashtrian Wink

If well rehearsed, even I'll be able to speak in Spanish fluently LOL

Edited by anjali10 - 15 December 2010 at 12:15pm
Okazaki Senior Member
Okazaki
Okazaki

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 12:17pm | IP Logged
^LOL I really didnt know she couldn't speak Marathi. What was she doing all her life? She was born in a Marathi family..she's bound to know Marathi Stern Smile 
anjali10 IF-Rockerz
anjali10
anjali10

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 12:23pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Okazaki

^LOL I really didnt know she couldn't speak Marathi. What was she doing all her life? She was born in a Marathi family..she's bound to know Marathi Stern Smile 

I feel so sad when ppl born in maharastrian families can't speak in their mother tongue. and they blame on studying in English medium schools or Convent schoolsOuch. Some even say they have been working in the hindi film industry for so long that its bound to lose touch with their first language Shocked... Not acceptable Thumbs Down

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

swan20

Okazaki Senior Member
Okazaki
Okazaki

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 12:35pm | IP Logged
but the first 3 or so yrs of life are spent at home, she entered the film industry in her late teens..ample of time to learn Marathi. I'm assuming her siblings n parents converesed in Marathi, at least. Heck, I've been here with my cousins since forever, we still converse in Marathi, at home..so do my lil cousins who are born n brought up here. Fakeness ki haadh hoti hain. Didn't expect this from Madhuri Ouch

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

swan20

bozo Groupbie
bozo
bozo

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 12:52pm | IP Logged

I can say that for desi's living USA, they become CD's (confused desi's) and their kids ABCD's (American born confused desi's).

Katrina is a UKBCD so she's got be confused.

addicted2tv Senior Member
addicted2tv
addicted2tv

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 2:38pm | IP Logged
Katrina looked tired and unintrested...zabardasti poakad k bithaya aisa lag raha tha...Madhuri has definitely got an accent...i am in US for past 4 years still we spaek marathi at home and mostly himdi and english to our indian friends ...Madhuri s case is different..she speaks english with her american accent husband and kids too...its bound to happen...that sounds weird but she is not faking it...the most obvious one was when she said salid to solid...Wink

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

anjali10swan20

Go to top