Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

anjali10 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Originally posted by: Okazaki

Arre she spoke fluent Marathi with Ankita and Renuka na! (whatever little she spoke)

P.S: @Anjali, even I'm Maharashtrian πŸ˜‰

If well rehearsed, even I'll be able to speak in Spanish fluently πŸ˜†
Edited by anjali10 - 13 years ago
Okazaki thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
^πŸ˜† I really didnt know she couldn't speak Marathi. What was she doing all her life? She was born in a Marathi family..she's bound to know Marathi πŸ˜³ 
anjali10 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Okazaki

^πŸ˜† I really didnt know she couldn't speak Marathi. What was she doing all her life? She was born in a Marathi family..she's bound to know Marathi πŸ˜³ 

I feel so sad when ppl born in maharastrian families can't speak in their mother tongue. and they blame on studying in English medium schools or Convent schools. Some even say they have been working in the hindi film industry for so long that its bound to lose touch with their first language πŸ˜²... Not acceptable πŸ‘ŽπŸΌ
Okazaki thumbnail
but the first 3 or so yrs of life are spent at home, she entered the film industry in her late teens..ample of time to learn Marathi. I'm assuming her siblings n parents converesed in Marathi, at least. Heck, I've been here with my cousins since forever, we still converse in Marathi, at home..so do my lil cousins who are born n brought up here. Fakeness ki haadh hoti hain. Didn't expect this from Madhuri 
bozo thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

I can say that for desi's living USA, they become CD's (confused desi's) and their kids ABCD's (American born confused desi's).

Katrina is a UKBCD so she's got be confused.

addicted2tv thumbnail
Katrina looked tired and unintrested...zabardasti poakad k bithaya aisa lag raha tha...Madhuri has definitely got an accent...i am in US for past 4 years still we spaek marathi at home and mostly himdi and english to our indian friends ...Madhuri s case is different..she speaks english with her american accent husband and kids too...its bound to happen...that sounds weird but she is not faking it...the most obvious one was when she said salid to solid...πŸ˜‰
-desigirl- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
lol i realized her weird accent ... but so many years in india how did she change her accent by living few years in america lol ... i think they all try to look "cool" which totally ruins it

katrina i understand cuz shes lived in the UK .. so of curs shes gonna have tht accent ... all us NRIs tht live in the foreign since born have a birtish or american accent but madhuri shouldnt try changing her accent... lol yes wannabes:P
koham thumbnail
Yes, she does have an accent... but that may not be deliberate.  I too live in US, and I have noticed that we all (born in India and settled in US) have accents.   It just happens.  Yes, it's neither here or there, but definitely not deliberate.   We all have it.    It happens more if you end up using more English for whatever reason.

My kids, born and being raised in the US do get a Mumbai-accent in their English after every summer vacation.... As for Madhuri, she doesn't need to impress anybody at this stage of her life anymore.   I don't think she is faking it. 
swan20 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: anjali10

yes, that is really weird.  I mean she ( Madhuri Dixit ) talks in such an accent which can not be called a complete indian accent or a complete american accent. She seems to be trapped in betweenπŸ˜•πŸ˜†

thankfully her marathi accent isn't americanized.......πŸ˜†
silvermoonlight thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
Yo I was born and bred in Canada

And I speak Punjabi better than anyone...pple are surprised when I went to India that I can understand more than just the swear words

Gotta love when the old indian aunties stay stuff in punjabi expecting you to not understand

Then I respond ...snarkly...in punjabi and their dentures almost fall off

πŸ˜†

Madhuri was making an effort to make her accent sound "american"
Katrina was making an effor to sound ....ehmmm...UK Indian Broken Accent?

Katrina is not confused...neither is Madhuri...they are just both trying too hard to sound like each other....