Bigg Boss Season 4

Stilettos.. (Page 8)

sunandshine IF-Sizzlerz
sunandshine
sunandshine

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 9:41am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Omshanti1111

Originally posted by njo921

who cares... y make fun of peoples english? it doesnt make them more or less as people. idk y people put so much importance in knowing proper english especially if u live in india! obviously they r going to have accents but theres nothing wrong with that!! shweta was just reading the letter and teaching seema when she was speaking in english anyways... y blame an indian for having an indian accent while speaking english... kinda silly!

its not a question of accent, but the grammar..first of all, they do not need to speak english...and next, if they speak, they need to do justice to the language.

not all persons need to be well versed in english...seemaji is not educated, she does not feel shamed to say she does not know how to read or write, she is so honest, no show off...Germans give a damn to english...but these women speak english to show off that they can speak in english...but the day, they face someone who knows proper english, they will be utterly screwed...

my plain question...why speak in English, if you dont know the language..its like, .if one does not know how to dance, why claim and show off ...

this discussion is very much valid, as being a viewer, I can ask "why showing disrespect to a language"..

Just read this one..Well saidThumbs Up

Waise bhi those people are not allowed to speak in english..phir bhi show off..Ouch

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

tanya12SM28amy22Omshanti1111

Omshanti1111 IF-Sizzlerz
Omshanti1111
Omshanti1111

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 10:55am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sunandshine

Originally posted by njo921

who cares... y make fun of peoples english? it doesnt make them more or less as people. idk y people put so much importance in knowing proper english especially if u live in india! obviously they r going to have accents but theres nothing wrong with that!! shweta was just reading the letter and teaching seema when she was speaking in english anyways... y blame an indian for having an indian accent while speaking english... kinda silly!

its not a question of accent, but the grammar..first of all, they do not need to speak english...and next, if they speak, they need to do justice to the language.

not all persons need to be well versed in english...seemaji is not educated, she does not feel shamed to say she does not know how to read or write, she is so honest, no show off...Germans give a damn to english...but these women speak english to show off that they can speak in english...but the day, they face someone who knows proper english, they will be utterly screwed...

my plain question...why speak in English, if you dont know the language..its like, .if one does not know how to dance, why claim and show off ...

this discussion is very much valid, as being a viewer, I can ask "why showing disrespect to a language"..

Just read this one..Well saidThumbs Up

Waise bhi those people are not allowed to speak in english..phir bhi show off..Ouch
they dont need to speak english, as this is not allowed...but they are doingso for show off.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

amy22

naddiya26 IF-Sizzlerz
naddiya26
naddiya26

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 11:06am | IP Logged

Originally posted by naddiya26

[QUOTE=naddiya26][QUOTE=njo921]

@red: r u referring to me?
 not you who are making fun as it sometime give bad taste 
Sweta Tiwari is a brilliant dancer, thats her unique quality...she should be remembered for that,Smile..by speaking wrong english, she herself is opening her weak parts...
 actually now days english & fashionable clothes are criteria of judging people... to impress people talk in english...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Omshanti1111

mihali7 Goldie
mihali7
mihali7

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 11:29am | IP Logged

Originally posted by mihali7

Although I really admire Shewta I laughed a lot too wen she said tht buh its not her fault cuz tht's how English is taught in India so blame the British English they teach in Indian schools.

Samir studied in US so he is used to the American accent and sounds great.

But dont blame ST bcuz she had to say the 'steeltoe' bcuz it was written in tht paper its not like the paper said heels/pumps buh said it the wrong way.

Then there is Veena who is such a wannabe she will never-ever learn to say certain things the right way. I bet some words jalapeno and lingerie she wud pronounce them the way they are written so it is impossible to expect correct pronounciation from her.
Sameer did his schooling in india and then came to USA.. Sameer is a Xaverian and then
studied in UCLA...his basics were done in India only..

Dont blame the teachers...these women are old enough to learn proper elocution. If they cant, they should avoid.

It doesnt matter if his basics were done in India buh once u stay in the US or Canada and begin to socialize wit other ppl (besides your race) you tend to behave and speak in their accent. He did stock business in NY so definitely he got used to the American accent-tht's y he sounds so good talking in Eng.
Omshanti1111 IF-Sizzlerz
Omshanti1111
Omshanti1111

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 11:45am | IP Logged

Although I really admire Shewta I laughed a lot too wen she said tht buh its not her fault cuz tht's how English is taught in India so blame the British English they teach in Indian schools.

Samir studied in US so he is used to the American accent and sounds great.

But dont blame ST bcuz she had to say the 'steeltoe' bcuz it was written in tht paper its not like the paper said heels/pumps buh said it the wrong way.

Then there is Veena who is such a wannabe she will never-ever learn to say certain things the right way. I bet some words jalapeno and lingerie she wud pronounce them the way they are written so it is impossible to expect correct pronounciation from her.
Sameer did his schooling in india and then came to USA.. Sameer is a Xaverian and then
studied in UCLA...his basics were done in India only..

Dont blame the teachers...these women are old enough to learn proper elocution. If they cant, they should avoid.

It doesnt matter if his basics were done in India buh once u stay in the US or Canada and begin to socialize wit other ppl (besides your race) you tend to behave and speak in their accent. He did stock business in NY so definitely he got used to the American accent-tht's y he sounds so good talking in Eng.
I am in USA for last five years. I do research and also teach, so every moment I have to be in the company of Americans. But I never acquired American accent...even Samir Soni does not have an American accent, he just speaks grammatically correct english..I repeat, correct English...

here, we are not talking about accent. Some people pass through USA or London during transit and start speaking like Americans or Britsh..LOL..we are trying to depict here NOT accent, BUT correct language...

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

tanya12GujarLeadNitratesunandshineMithiBani

Copper31 Senior Member
Copper31
Copper31

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 12:03pm | IP Logged
LOL.. I want to see Veena and her Boootiful height with out her stilettosWink
Omshanti1111 IF-Sizzlerz
Omshanti1111
Omshanti1111

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 12:30pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by saregamapa31

LOL.. I want to see Veena and her Boootiful height with out her stilettosWink
even Sara has started putting the same...LOL..in salman ke farman
MithiBani IF-Stunnerz
MithiBani
MithiBani

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 12:33pm | IP Logged

I am in USA for last five years. I do research and also teach, so every moment I have to be in the company of Americans. But I never acquired American accent...even Samir Soni does not have an American accent, he just speaks grammatically correct english..I repeat, correct English...

here, we are not talking about accent. Some people pass through USA or London during transit and start speaking like Americans or Britsh..LOL..we are trying to depict here NOT accent, BUT correct language...

One of my pet peeves with SMS generation. This is how they write... I luv mah gurll wid all mah heart. etc etc.... Confused Confused 

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Bigg Boss Season 4 Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index