Bigg Boss Season 4
Bigg Boss Season 4

Stilettos.. (Page 16)

Shizaru Goldie
Shizaru
Shizaru

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 3:54pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Omshanti1111

I am also taking leave now...I have to pack and head to my work out...

goodnight doll have a good workout...........Big smile, and for the record, i love your threads and the fact that you are well spoken and well mannered in what you right.........or is that write??? i get confused......being a firganidesi.......it happens Wink

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Omshanti1111

msres08 Newbie
msres08
msres08

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 4:21pm | IP Logged

I agree with the topic starter on some accounts,like the fact that some people in BB house speak English (when they are not at all supposed to) just to show off (I find Shweta,Sara and Veena speaking more English than Sameer,Ashmit who I guess know it better) than to make an honest attempt at trying to get better at the language.But  I disagree on some of the following points:

In this particular instance, I dont think Shweta was at fault.She didn't know the pronunciation,and she was clearly reading out from the letter where the word was written three times.At least she knew the meaning and while explaining to Ashmit she said 'Veena ke jute' in Hindi and not 'stilettos'.
Similarly Sara said 'feets' but she was talking to Pamela and so she had to speak  in English.

No,I don't think they are disrespecting the language when they are using it incorrectly.Nobody (or atleast 99.99%) is perfect in English or any other language for that matter (some make elementary mistakes and some mistakes can only be detected by an expert).Even some native English speakers mess up grammar and are bad spellers.At the end of the day,language is just a tool to communicate and its what you convey that matters than how you do it.

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

pavelonmovemihali7pooja.s92.Arjunamy22111192peachesnplumsOmshanti1111

Mishlae Senior Member
Mishlae
Mishlae

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 6:19pm | IP Logged
om shanti shanti.
Enjoyed the debate. Smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Omshanti1111

shivani003 IF-Rockerz
shivani003
shivani003

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 8:10pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by unhappyviewer

shweta  know such English that shweta will leave the British behind. You see sir, she can talk English, she can walk English, she can laugh English, she can run English, because English is such a funny language. Bhairo becomes Byron because their minds are very narrow. .......from namak halal LOL

Oh I love this dialogue!!!!!!!!! One of Big B's funniest movies for sure!LOL

No.... its "English is a very PHUNNY language" according to Big BTongue

Edited by shivani003 - 15 December 2010 at 8:10pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Omshanti1111MithiBani

Omshanti1111 IF-Sizzlerz
Omshanti1111
Omshanti1111

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 8:49pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by shivani003

shweta  know such English that shweta will leave the British behind. You see sir, she can talk English, she can walk English, she can laugh English, she can run English, because English is such a funny language. Bhairo becomes Byron because their minds are very narrow. .......from namak halal LOL

jai Big B...jAI NAMAK Halaal...
when wasim bari and wasim raja were in the field, wasim bari told wasin raja "look wasim raja.."
ROFL

-shabz-MithiBani

-shabz- IF-Sizzlerz
-shabz-
-shabz-

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 8:58pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by shivani003

jai Big B...jAI NAMAK Halaal...
when wasim bari and wasim raja were in the field, wasim bari told wasin raja "look wasim raja.."
ROFL
lol.....its also funny how a topic on  shweta's mistake can have a debate which has gone now for 16 pages.....everytime i come back to IF 5 new pages are added....i cant read them all....but i bet they are interesting.Big smile

Edited by unhappyviewer - 15 December 2010 at 8:58pm

mihali7Omshanti1111

pavelonmove Senior Member
pavelonmove
pavelonmove

Posted: 16 December 2010 at 4:12am | IP Logged
zubaan phisal gaya hoga, ya phir BB ka woh khat shayed hindi mein likkha ho aur shweta jaldbaazi mein theek se na padhi ho.....aisa koi vyakti hai jinka kabhi bhi zubaan na phisla ho??jo kabhi bhi kisi shabd ka ghalat uccharan na kia ho??? :P :P ...lol  pardon me if i typed something wrong or inappropriate :D

Edited by pavelonmove - 16 December 2010 at 4:15am
sunandshine IF-Sizzlerz
sunandshine
sunandshine

Posted: 16 December 2010 at 9:10am | IP Logged

Originally posted by mihali7

Originally posted by mihali7

Although I really admire Shewta I laughed a lot too wen she said tht buh its not her fault cuz tht's how English is taught in India so blame the British English they teach in Indian schools.

Samir studied in US so he is used to the American accent and sounds great.

But dont blame ST bcuz she had to say the 'steeltoe' bcuz it was written in tht paper its not like the paper said heels/pumps buh said it the wrong way.

Then there is Veena who is such a wannabe she will never-ever learn to say certain things the right way. I bet some words jalapeno and lingerie she wud pronounce them the way they are written so it is impossible to expect correct pronounciation from her.
Sameer did his schooling in india and then came to USA.. Sameer is a Xaverian and then
studied in UCLA...his basics were done in India only..

Dont blame the teachers...these women are old enough to learn proper elocution. If they cant, they should avoid.

It doesnt matter if his basics were done in India buh once u stay in the US or Canada and begin to socialize wit other ppl (besides your race) you tend to behave and speak in their accent. He did stock business in NY so definitely he got used to the American accent-tht's y he sounds so good talking in Eng.
I am in USA for last five years. I do research and also teach, so every moment I have to be in the company of Americans. But I never acquired American accent...even Samir Soni does not have an American accent, he just speaks grammatically correct english..I repeat, correct English...

here, we are not talking about accent. Some people pass through USA or London during transit and start speaking like Americans or Britsh..LOL..we are trying to depict here NOT accent, BUT correct language...

Some people don't even have to board the plane in order to fake an accent..India mein baithe bithaye American accent aa jaata haiLOL

amy22Omshanti1111

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Bigg Boss Season 4 Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index