Bigg Boss Season 4

Stilettos.. (Page 15)

Rainbow29 Senior Member
Rainbow29
Rainbow29

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 3:41pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Omshanti1111

Originally posted by Rainbow29

omshanti11, 1 mr thing, i hv seen some aplha-sigma ( nice username hehe ) pointing out d starting post which is full of englsh grammartical mistakes, n in many posts here, u mentioned tht u r a teacher, n staying in usa etc etc, i wonder if u col it 'show-off' ? :(

I am happy that at least someone came forward to point out my mistakes...and I gratefully acknowledge that...I have no shame to admit I am not flawless and I do not want to portray I am flawless...I am a simple person, well my educational certificates say I have attained the highest degree, but not in English...I have over and over said that despite staying in USA, I have never tried to copy..

the funniest part of some people here are in the name of defending Sweta Tiwari, who they do not even know, try to mock at each other...

the discussion is not about mocking other people, its about general english...whoever commits mistakes. I gratefully acknowledge you for pointing any mistake of mine and correcting me...

waise, "show-off" can be written in many ways!Wink

ok gud tht u acknowledge tht, bcaz i saw u hv clickd button for evry pst excpt tht 1. i wondered y. n i donno wht membrs do here, bt read sum cmments on her tht her 1 word created 9 pages etc etc. bt i dono who c is so cnt cmment. as i askd, do dese contestnts boas of der educatn n show-off? i feel like in my case, i keep talkin in eng wid my parents n al, n by nw it hs becum my habit. may b thts y? show-off cn b writn in many ways. agree. bt flawed people toking abt der degrees n al, can also be considerd show-off, i guess ths is wht bb contstants do? n is tht why u cal them dishonest? m clueless. if they do, den u r ryt.

Edited by Rainbow29 - 15 December 2010 at 3:47pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Omshanti1111

Kanchhi_ Goldie
Kanchhi_
Kanchhi_

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 3:45pm | IP Logged
C'mon guys! lets not nitpick about everything. Give 'em a break at least for this one. 
Bani, thread with a good intention but I think in a wrong forum.  ;-)

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Omshanti1111

Rainbow29 Senior Member
Rainbow29
Rainbow29

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 3:46pm | IP Logged

first of al, i checked al the pages of the thread, and i found sum highly offensive cmments, lemme try to put thm here.

i m frm a state board in india, n i dont knw much english, can neither speak or write properly. bt i hv always tried to practise it here or in othr sites, tried to speak in englsh in colgs schools where it ws nt necessry. n i hv found my parents, frnds, n teachers appreciating ma efffort. i hv seen a comment 'my plain question...why speak in English, if you dont know the language..its like, .if one does not know how to dance, why claim and show off ...

this discussion is very much valid, as being a viewer, I can ask "why showing disrespect to a language"..
whr n hw ws it a show-off. ths line is plain offensive to me. i speak in broken englsh in conferences, n nw i hv a feeling tht as audience, people dnt like it much? shld i stop tryng tht n strt speaking in hindi whch m good at? if my englsh in stage is disrespcting the language, i shld stp doing tht.
secondly, hv seen a post '
you know why we love people like Seemaji, because they admit they are not educated...and are honest...they dont show off..' . ths is equally offensive, as i hv not got proper education frm englsh medium, i myt b torturing people, tht also i agree to. but my try to improve my language makes me uneducated? i didnt get ths post? seemaji or whoever ( i dont watch the show ) is honest tht she admits she's educated so othrs r dishonest tht they claim to be educated whn they r not?
thirdly, thr ws nother cmment, 'they are college/skool dropouts', so i guess whoever doesnt knw sum tough words, or they keep sayin wrng eng, or they dnno grammar, they r colg/skool dropouts?

speakin eng in bb whch is against d rule is totaly understandable,bt i dint understnd hw we hv got d ryt to demoralize people just becoz they speak wrong grammar.
they very fact that you are stating that "you are educated but you admit that you are not flawless" shows how honest you are and that you are indeed educated..anyone who is willing to learn and admit shortcomings are not criticised rather praised..
I apologise for hurting anyone like you, my intent was not that..but I am myself hurt that after reading all these pages, you could not make out that we were not trying to make fun of anyone, rather trying to stop people who show off..

infact, I appreciate people like you...you are educated,who do not show off. I stay in USA, and pursue a career here. I can call myself educated, but I do not have any fascination for accent.
wel thnx 4 clarifyin, as i said, if the contstants r claimng tht thy knw abc of englsh litratre, thn its bad, they shld nt. it wl make dem look lyk fools. bt othrwise, i thnk we hv no ryt to criticize thm. do they boast of of der amzing eng?
we have reasons to criticise,  because they call themselves celebrities, our younger generation copy them for everything, plus they are coming on national televison, they will be praised as well as criticised...and they need to be extra cautious, while doing anything..whether speaking, or any other thing...esp this is a show aired at 9pm..
agree wid ds. bt hv seen many celebs speakin in wrong eng, many, many, strtin 4m politicians to bolly-actors, ven in news chnnl random wrong sentences, spelling-mistakes keep happening. in bb house der myt nt be rule to tok in engl, bt tht does nt make dem uneducated or colg/skool dropouts. my only point.
acha me leavin . bye. gud nyt folks.
Shizaru Goldie
Shizaru
Shizaru

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 3:47pm | IP Logged

omshanti11, 1 mr thing, i hv seen some aplha-sigma ( nice username hehe ) pointing out d starting post which is full of englsh grammartical mistakes, n in many posts here, u mentioned tht u r a teacher, n staying in usa etc etc, i wonder if u col it 'show-off' ? :(

I am happy that at least someone came forward to point out my mistakes...and I gratefully acknowledge that...I have no shame to admit I am not flawless and I do not want to portray I am flawless...I am a simple person, well my educational certificates say I have attained the highest degree, but not in English...I have over and over said that despite staying in USA, I have never tried to copy..

the funniest part of some people here are in the name of defending Sweta Tiwari, who they do not even know, try to mock at each other...

the discussion is not about mocking other people, its about general english...whoever commits mistakes. I gratefully acknowledge you for pointing any mistake of mine and correcting me...

ok gud tht u acknowledge tht, bcaz i saw u hv clickd button for evry pst excpt tht 1. i wondered y. n i donno wht membrs do here, bt read sum cmments on her tht her 1 word created 9 pages etc etc. bt i dono who c is so cnt cmment. as i askd, do dese contestnts boas of der educatn n show-off? i feel like in my case, i keep talkin in eng wid my parents n al, n by nw it hs becum my habit. may b thts y? show-off cn b writn in many ways. agree. bt flawed people toking abt der degrees n al, can also be considerd show-off, i guess ths is wht bb contstants do? n u cal them dishonest? m clueless.

im out of here, its getting a bit too heated........top tip rainbow..........acting your age rather than your shoe size is always best for all concerned........no pun intendedOuch
Omshanti1111 IF-Sizzlerz
Omshanti1111
Omshanti1111

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 3:48pm | IP Logged

ok gud tht u acknowledge tht, bcaz i saw u hv clickd button for evry pst excpt tht 1. i wondered y. n i donno wht membrs do here, bt read sum cmments on her tht her 1 word created 9 pages etc etc. bt i dono who c is so cnt cmment. as i askd, do dese contestnts boas of der educatn n show-off? i feel like in my case, i keep talkin in eng wid my parents n al, n by nw it hs becum my habit. may b thts y? show-off cn b writn in many ways. agree. bt flawed people toking abt der degrees n al, can also be considerd show-off, i guess ths is wht bb contstants do? n u cal them dishonest? m clueless.
I tend to press"like" button for mostly everyone, who leaves a comment..thats my habit...but I do a little less here, as every discussion somehow turns up to Sweta Tiwari by few members..probably, that happened with the one member that you had mentioned.

the reason I said they "boast" is because speaking in English is strictly prohibited in BB, but still they keep on doing and that too when not needed...sometime you will see that they chew their words, they dont know which English word to use,but still they want to speak in English..LOL...whats the need?..thats my question...noone is testing the BB contestents for their knowledge of English, right?
Omshanti1111 IF-Sizzlerz
Omshanti1111
Omshanti1111

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 3:49pm | IP Logged
I am also taking leave now...I have to pack and head to my work out...
Omshanti1111 IF-Sizzlerz
Omshanti1111
Omshanti1111

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 3:50pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Kanchhi_

C'mon guys! lets not nitpick about everything. Give 'em a break at least for this one. 
Bani, thread with a good intention but I think in a wrong forum.  ;-)
yeh, feels bad that some people could not take it positively,Smile
Rainbow29 Senior Member
Rainbow29
Rainbow29

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 3:50pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Shizaru

im out of here, its getting a bit too heated........top tip rainbow..........acting your age rather than your shoe size is always best for all concerned........no pun intendedOuch
means. lol. ok. bye gn sd tc.

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Bigg Boss Season 4 Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index