Posted: 15 December 2010 at 3:00pm | IP Logged
^lol yes yes i know buh hey I was just stating MPOV Smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Omshanti1111

Rainbow29 Senior Member
Rainbow29
Rainbow29

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 3:08pm | IP Logged

first of al, i checked al the pages of the thread, and i found sum highly offensive cmments, lemme try to put thm here.

i m frm a state board in india, n i dont knw much english, can neither speak or write properly. bt i hv always tried to practise it here or in othr sites, tried to speak in englsh in colgs schools where it ws nt necessry. n i hv found my parents, frnds, n teachers appreciating ma efffort. i hv seen a comment 'my plain question...why speak in English, if you dont know the language..its like, .if one does not know how to dance, why claim and show off ...

this discussion is very much valid, as being a viewer, I can ask "why showing disrespect to a language"..
whr n hw ws it a show-off. ths line is plain offensive to me. i speak in broken englsh in conferences, n nw i hv a feeling tht as audience, people dnt like it much? shld i stop tryng tht n strt speaking in hindi whch m good at? if my englsh in stage is disrespcting the language, i shld stp doing tht.
secondly, hv seen a post '
you know why we love people like Seemaji, because they admit they are not educated...and are honest...they dont show off..' . ths is equally offensive, as i hv not got proper education frm englsh medium, i myt b torturing people, tht also i agree to. but my try to improve my language makes me uneducated? i didnt get ths post? seemaji or whoever ( i dont watch the show ) is honest tht she admits she's educated so othrs r dishonest tht they claim to be educated whn they r not?
thirdly, thr ws nother cmment, 'they are college/skool dropouts', so i guess whoever doesnt knw sum tough words, or they keep sayin wrng eng, or they dnno grammar, they r colg/skool dropouts?

speakin eng in bb whch is against d rule is totaly understandable,bt i dint understnd hw we hv got d ryt to demoralize people just becoz they speak wrong grammar.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

msres08alpha_sigmaPrud123.Arjunpeachesnplums

Rainbow29 Senior Member
Rainbow29
Rainbow29

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 3:14pm | IP Logged
also add to tht, in childhood, i ws tld tht 'participation is more imp than winning'. thts y people keep participatin in dance comp, evn if thy r novice at it. bt i dint knw tht unless u learn an art, u hv no ryt to practise it?

i donno if any of the contestants here boast of knowing englsh or nt, if they do, thts nt gud bt if they dnt n jz normally say in englsh, i dnt thnk any1 shld demoralize tht.
Shizaru Goldie
Shizaru
Shizaru

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 3:18pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Rainbow29

also add to tht, in childhood, i ws tld tht 'participation is more imp than winning'. thts y people keep participatin in dance comp, evn if thy r novice at it. bt i dint knw tht unless u learn an art, u hv no ryt to practise it?

i donno if any of the contestants here boast of knowing englsh or nt, if they do, thts nt gud bt if they dnt n jz normally say in englsh, i dnt thnk any1 shld demoralize tht.

rainbowji you may not be eloquent or articulate in English but you have mastered the language of text speech and "abbreviations" wellWink

in childhood i was told not to get verbose about subjects i knew little or nothing about........Wink
Rainbow29 Senior Member
Rainbow29
Rainbow29

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 3:23pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Shizaru

rainbowji you may not be eloquent or articulate in English but you have mastered the language of text speech and "abbreviations" wellWink

in childhood i was told not to get verbose about subjects i knew little or nothing about........Wink

thnkoo shizaru, thnx to mobile n sms-days. lol. jz nt feelin lyk writng in propr eng becz it seems lyk englsh clas. lol. oderwis i dnt use abbrviatns much hehe.
Omshanti1111 IF-Sizzlerz
Omshanti1111
Omshanti1111

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 3:23pm | IP Logged

first of al, i checked al the pages of the thread, and i found sum highly offensive cmments, lemme try to put thm here.

i m frm a state board in india, n i dont knw much english, can neither speak or write properly. bt i hv always tried to practise it here or in othr sites, tried to speak in englsh in colgs schools where it ws nt necessry. n i hv found my parents, frnds, n teachers appreciating ma efffort. i hv seen a comment 'my plain question...why speak in English, if you dont know the language..its like, .if one does not know how to dance, why claim and show off ...

this discussion is very much valid, as being a viewer, I can ask "why showing disrespect to a language"..
whr n hw ws it a show-off. ths line is plain offensive to me. i speak in broken englsh in conferences, n nw i hv a feeling tht as audience, people dnt like it much? shld i stop tryng tht n strt speaking in hindi whch m good at? if my englsh in stage is disrespcting the language, i shld stp doing tht.
you know why we love people like Seemaji, because they admit they are not educated...and are honest...they dont show off..' . ths is equally offensive, as i hv not got proper education frm englsh medium, i myt b torturing people, tht also i agree to. but my try to improve my language makes me uneducated? i didnt get ths post? seemaji or whoever ( i dont watch the show ) is honest tht she admits she's educated so othrs r dishonest tht they claim to be educated whn they r not?
thirdly, thr ws nother cmment, 'they are college/skool dropouts', so i guess whoever doesnt knw sum tough words, or they keep sayin wrng eng, or they dnno grammar, they r colg/skool dropouts?

speakin eng in bb whch is against d rule is totaly understandable,bt i dint understnd hw we hv got d ryt to demoralize people just becoz they speak wrong grammar.
they very fact that you are stating that "you are educated but you admit that you are not flawless" shows how honest you are and that you are indeed educated..anyone who is willing to learn and admit shortcomings are not criticised rather praised..
I apologise for hurting anyone like you, my intent was not that..but I am myself hurt that after reading all these pages, you could not make out that we were not trying to make fun of anyone, rather trying to stop people who show off..

infact, I appreciate people like you...you are educated,who do not show off. I stay in USA, and pursue a career here. I can call myself educated, but I do not have any fascination for accent.
Rainbow29 Senior Member
Rainbow29
Rainbow29

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 3:26pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Omshanti1111

they very fact that you are stating that "you are educated but you admit that you are not flawless" shows how honest you are and that you are indeed educated..anyone who is willing to learn and admit shortcomings are not criticised rather praised..
I apologise for hurting anyone like you, my intent was not that..but I am myself hurt that after reading all these pages, you could not make out that we were not trying to make fun of anyone, rather trying to stop people who show off..

infact, I appreciate people like you...you are educated,who do not show off. I stay in USA, and pursue a career here. I can call myself educated, but I do not have any fascination for accent.
wel thnx 4 clarifyin, as i said, if the contstants r claimng tht thy knw abc of englsh litratre, thn its bad, they shld nt. it wl make dem look lyk fools. bt othrwise, i thnk we hv no ryt to criticize thm. do they boast of of der amzing eng?

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Omshanti1111

AlwaysHisJaan IF-Dazzler
AlwaysHisJaan
AlwaysHisJaan

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 3:27pm | IP Logged

this is exactly what i mean .... the topic starter should complain about people in the bb house using english, not about the grammar ..... from what she says it  means that people who doesnt speak engilsh fluently shouldn't try at all Shocked....

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Bigg Boss Season 4 Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index