Bigg Boss Season 4
Bigg Boss Season 4

Stilettos.. (Page 11)

mihali7 Goldie
mihali7
mihali7

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 2:28pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by addicted2tv

First and foremost i think that word whatever it is was written in the letter...yes shweta shouldnt have said that 2 more times if she was not sure...but why should big boss use that word at the first place?? general public ko kya pata kis chij k bare mein bol rahe...we are not taught these things at school?????
BTW can anybody tell me how it is correctly pronounced...i dont know...Smile

its is St-a-ley-toes 

LeadNitrate IF-Veteran Member
LeadNitrate
LeadNitrate

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 2:29pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Omshanti1111

Originally posted by Tannistha

LOL

Originally posted by njo921

who cares... y make fun of peoples english? it doesnt make them more or less as people. idk y people put so much importance in knowing proper english especially if u live in india! obviously they r going to have accents but theres nothing wrong with that!! shweta was just reading the letter and teaching seema when she was speaking in english anyways... y blame an indian for having an indian accent while speaking english... kinda silly!

its not a question of accent, but the grammar..first of all, they do not need to speak english...and next, if they speak, they need to do justice to the language.

not all persons need to be well versed in english...seemaji is not educated, she does not feel shamed to say she does not know how to read or write, she is so honest, no show off...Germans give a damn to english...but these women speak english to show off that they can speak in english...but the day, they face someone who knows proper english, they will be utterly screwed...

my plain question...why speak in English, if you dont know the language..its like, .if one does not know how to dance, why claim and show off ...

this discussion is very much valid, as being a viewer, I can ask "why showing disrespect to a language"..

i do not get it either, if u do not know the language properly, its ok, but why ruin it by speaking wrong english?
 i have no problem with  accents either, all of us have an accent, even the British also have british accent,  except may be veena's ASSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHMIT (LOL)
 The problem is these people in TV try to pose  as if they are native English  speakers, when clearly no one expects that from you . We get it, you r celebrities and people  want to see how progressive you are, but this is hilarious.

As far as accent goes, i have no issues. some of my wonderful professors have weird accents, be Indian, or italian or german, so its ok., but if you are cautious and u r speaking slowly then the accent  can be corrected.
Clap
if you hear the word "schedule", a german will pronounce it in a way, an American in another way, a British in some other and an Indian..

the question here is not about accent or about ST ..its in general about the english of the women contestents...the word "stiletto" is just an example to start the discussion..

exactly and all of them are correct. a normal german guy has trouble pronouncing 'this' and they say 'zis'
  a  greek or italian will extend the shorter vowels.(you know what i am talking about)
 closer home, my tamil friends mostly say yem instead of m, and i find that natural. if some one  all of a sudden speaks in  a diff accent , the person sounds so fake . and they get caught trying to pronounce 'w' or 'v'.
 while writing  you have time to think and  write, while speaking you do not. so if you are not very good in a language, u tend to make mistakes. all these are understood, but then why show off, clearly when you are not even allowed to speak in english just for the sake of  speaking it?
 and not now, its been like that from day 1.
  specially when veena starts her ' i love you " stuff in english, i want  pause that part and ffd it. and also sara. uff my god. Sweta ,i feel, is relatively better.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Omshanti1111

Omshanti1111 IF-Sizzlerz
Omshanti1111
Omshanti1111

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 2:29pm | IP Logged

First and foremost i think that word whatever it is was written in the letter...yes shweta shouldnt have said that 2 more times if she was not sure...but why should big boss use that word at the first place?? general public ko kya pata kis chij k bare mein bol rahe...we are not taught these things at school?????

how r u so sure that BB wrote the word as Sweta pronounced? Sweta does not know the word, thats why she mispronounced it..thats ok..
she should have avoideed using the word again after that, if she was not sure...same goes for other contestents like Sara, Veena, Dolly..

"Stilettos"...sti-le-tos

so is it sti as in style or sti as in steel?? sorry but i need to know
 steel

pls for a video in the google. and you can make that out betterSmile

Edited by Omshanti1111 - 15 December 2010 at 2:34pm
LeadNitrate IF-Veteran Member
LeadNitrate
LeadNitrate

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 2:31pm | IP Logged

how r u so sure that BB wrote the word as Sweta pronounced? Sweta does not know the word, thats why she mispronounced it..thats ok..
she should have avoideed using the word again after that, if she was not sure...same goes for other contestents like Sara, Veena, Dolly..

"Stilettos"...sti-le-tos

hi, please check here. click on the sound icon and you can hear it. that way you will hear and know how it is spoken

Edited by Tannistha - 15 December 2010 at 2:31pm

Omshanti1111

Omshanti1111 IF-Sizzlerz
Omshanti1111
Omshanti1111

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 2:33pm | IP Logged

LOL

Originally posted by njo921

who cares... y make fun of peoples english? it doesnt make them more or less as people. idk y people put so much importance in knowing proper english especially if u live in india! obviously they r going to have accents but theres nothing wrong with that!! shweta was just reading the letter and teaching seema when she was speaking in english anyways... y blame an indian for having an indian accent while speaking english... kinda silly!

its not a question of accent, but the grammar..first of all, they do not need to speak english...and next, if they speak, they need to do justice to the language.

not all persons need to be well versed in english...seemaji is not educated, she does not feel shamed to say she does not know how to read or write, she is so honest, no show off...Germans give a damn to english...but these women speak english to show off that they can speak in english...but the day, they face someone who knows proper english, they will be utterly screwed...

my plain question...why speak in English, if you dont know the language..its like, .if one does not know how to dance, why claim and show off ...

this discussion is very much valid, as being a viewer, I can ask "why showing disrespect to a language"..

i do not get it either, if u do not know the language properly, its ok, but why ruin it by speaking wrong english?
 i have no problem with  accents either, all of us have an accent, even the British also have british accent,  except may be veena's ASSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHMIT (LOL)
 The problem is these people in TV try to pose  as if they are native English  speakers, when clearly no one expects that from you . We get it, you r celebrities and people  want to see how progressive you are, but this is hilarious.

As far as accent goes, i have no issues. some of my wonderful professors have weird accents, be Indian, or italian or german, so its ok., but if you are cautious and u r speaking slowly then the accent  can be corrected.
Clap
if you hear the word "schedule", a german will pronounce it in a way, an American in another way, a British in some other and an Indian..

the question here is not about accent or about ST ..its in general about the english of the women contestents...the word "stiletto" is just an example to start the discussion..

exactly and all of them are correct. a normal german guy has trouble pronouncing 'this' and they say 'zis'
  a  greek or italian will extend the shorter vowels.(you know what i am talking about)
 closer home, my tamil friends mostly say yem instead of m, and i find that natural. if some one  all of a sudden speaks in  a diff accent , the person sounds so fake . and they get caught trying to pronounce 'w' or 'v'.
 while writing  you have time to think and  write, while speaking you do not. so if you are not very good in a language, u tend to make mistakes. all these are understood, but then why show off, clearly when you are not even allowed to speak in english just for the sake of  speaking it?
 and not now, its been like that from day 1.
  specially when veena starts her ' i love you " stuff in english, i want  pause that part and ffd it. and also sara. uff my god. Sweta ,i feel, is relatively better.
true, sweta is relatively better...actually, I feel bad to even compare Sweta with other people, as she is relatively better than Sara or Veena...though I admit, Veena has some good qualities, which are masked by her characterless behaviour..same goes with Ashmit...his many good qualities are masked by his bad character regarding women...
But Sweta's has some such attitudinal problems, that becomes very hard to ignore many a time
mihali7 Goldie
mihali7
mihali7

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 2:36pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by mihali7

Although I really admire Shewta I laughed a lot too wen she said tht buh its not her fault cuz tht's how English is taught in India so blame the British English they teach in Indian schools.

Samir studied in US so he is used to the American accent and sounds great.

But dont blame ST bcuz she had to say the 'steeltoe' bcuz it was written in tht paper its not like the paper said heels/pumps buh said it the wrong way.

Then there is Veena who is such a wannabe she will never-ever learn to say certain things the right way. I bet some words jalapeno and lingerie she wud pronounce them the way they are written so it is impossible to expect correct pronounciation from her.

Please dont blame how English is taught here in India. i have learnt here in India and i am doing fine in the other part of the world. the problem lies in the fact that  we do not get a chance to practise english on a regular basis, that offcourse holds  true for  anything and everything  and any one and everyone. if you donot speak it on a regular basis you  do not get used to the language.
American Accent is not a standard, its just another accent. 
  i don't mind accents at all, some of my good friends and proffessors are high achievers in their field but they all have their localised accent, be it south Indian, punjabi or greek, italian, french accent.

I do blame the Indian gov or just plain Brits bcuz desh chod gaye par unka english abhi tak nahi gaya ya jane wala hai. 
Exmaple - Ppl aacuse Ashwariya Rai (not a fan) of trying so hard to speak Brit english buh its not her fault she was taught tht kinda English in schools.

Have you notice why our celebs say KANT instead of CAN'T - this is one simple thing tht pisses me off. Explain to me giving one good reason why they pronounce CAN properly but wen C-A-N apostrophe T comes in the whole word is pronounced differently!!!??? does NOt make sense.
Rapier IF-Rockerz
Rapier
Rapier

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 2:37pm | IP Logged

"Stilettos"...sti-le-tos

"sti" as in "still." not "stee" or "sty." so basically, sti-let-toes.

Omshanti1111

Shizaru Goldie
Shizaru
Shizaru

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 2:39pm | IP Logged
listen up people none of em are from essex so none of em can carry em off propa, or say it propa..........innit!!! WinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWink

white text doesnt show up otherwise i would have done it propa essex white stiletoo styleeee

pls note unless your from essex or from the uk you wont get the above if you are you will see what i am trying to sayWink

Omshanti1111

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Bigg Boss Season 4 Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index