Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

blueash thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Originally posted by: Omshanti1111

its not a question of accent, but the grammar..first of all, they do not need to speak english...and next, if they speak, they need to do justice to the language.

not all persons need to be well versed in english...seemaji is not educated, she does not feel shamed to say she does not know how to read or write, she is so honest, no show off...Germans give a damn to english...but these women speak english to show off that they can speak in english...but the day, they face someone who knows proper english, they will be utterly screwed...

my plain question...why speak in English, if you dont know the language..its like, .if one does not know how to dance, why claim and show off ...

this discussion is very much valid, as being a viewer, I can ask "why showing disrespect to a language"..

I agree with u....they r not allowed to speak in english,apni hindi bhasha mein bolna hai even then they r talking n talking wrong...sara was worst...
DespicableMe thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

she said siletto, at least thrice..πŸ˜”

ya i was surprised 2 hear
Omshanti1111 thumbnail
I have just one question...whats the need..at the end, when these women are facing some viewers, who know a little but of the language, these women are just making mockery of themselves..

its not necessary to speak in English...dont speak if you are not proper in the basic usage...noone is asking them to recite Shakespeare or Keats ot Shelley...πŸ˜”

like Dolly said "psyche"...the word is "psycho" as Ashmit said....

Veena saying ASHmit, its ridiculous, she thinks she is doing a great job..but she is just speaking wrong...

if someone calls me BENI instead of Bani
🀣
Omshanti1111 thumbnail
Originally posted by: blueash

I agree with u....they r not allowed to speak in english,apni hindi bhasha mein bolna hai even then they r talking n talking wrong...sara was worst...

right, Sara was the worst in English...I have never heard such english in my life..

actually I feel these people can neither accept their own language from their heart nor can they learn the good things from other cultures..

Mishlae thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Most of these folks are school drop out. I don't think they are in an environmemt where english is spoken as a first language. Therefore no opportunity to learn/rectify. In this case ignorance is bliss.
Omshanti1111 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Mishlae

Most of these folks are school drop out. I don't think they are in an environmemt where english is spoken as a first language. Therefore no opportunity to learn/rectify. In this case ignorance is bliss.

I like Seemaji or even MT, because they accept that they do not know English...but these women, they speak english because they want to show off...whats the need? Its not necessary to master a foreign language. They are not doing a Hollywood show, that they need to speak in English...the format only demands "no english"...and they are trying to find fault "who was sleeping"..both sleeping and not speaking in Hindi are offences..

I think, next day, anyone speaks in english and tries to show off...that person should be given a "Macbeth" and asked to teach...and test their language proficiency thus
..🀣

Just hear the words of Sameer Soni, he speaks such flawless...his GF Neelam, she also speaks great english..
BollyPC thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8

its not a question of accent, but the grammar..first of all, they do not need to speak english...and next, if they speak, they need to do justice to the language.

not all persons need to be well versed in english...seemaji is not educated, she does not feel shamed to say she does not know how to read or write, she is so honest, no show off...Germans give a damn to english...but these women speak english to show off that they can speak in english...but the day, they face someone who knows proper english, they will be utterly screwed...

my plain question...why speak in English, if you dont know the language..its like, .if one does not know how to dance, why claim and show off ...

this discussion is very much valid, as being a viewer, I can ask "why showing disrespect to a language"..

the letter bigg boss sent said stilettos she didnt randomly say it. bigg boss shouldnt use english words either then!! i agree they shouldnt be speaking in english in the house! but honesty what sounds like poor english to us may actually be pretty good english in india... idk
just saying u should make fun of it!
-shabz- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
shweta  know such English that shweta will leave the British behind. You see sir, she can talk English, she can walk English, she can laugh English, she can run English, because English is such a funny language. Bhairo becomes Byron because their minds are very narrow. .......from namak halal πŸ˜†
Are ye pagal log to hindi me bhi grammer ki waat laga dete hain πŸ˜†

Waise not only shweta, i noticed Raja chaudhari also loves to speak english in interviews πŸ˜†  And they both sound pretty same 😳

Veena has accent/pronunciation issues which could be understood.

Seema n Manoj are  best as they gladly accept that they are not good in English and take it very sportingly. πŸ‘πŸΌ

But yes, they all should make conscious effort to speak in Hindi πŸ˜›

Mishlae thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

I like Seemaji or even MT, because they accept that they do not know English...but these women, they speak english because they want to show off...whats the need? Its not necessary to master a foreign language. They are not doing a Hollywood show, that they need to speak in English...the format only demands "no english"...and they are trying to find fault "who was sleeping"..both sleeping and not speaking in Hindi are offences..

I think, next day, anyone speaks in english and tries to show off...that person should be given a "Macbeth" and asked to teach...and test their language proficiency thus
..🀣

Just hear the words of Sameer Soni, he speaks such flawless...his GF Neelam, she also speaks great english..

You are right they do not need to show off in an ideal world. In my opinion these people have insecurity and some sort of inferiority complex. Tinsel town in this era is very heterogeneous with people rising to stardom from now where to folks with lineage like the Kapoors, Bachaan, Khannas etc. The other twist in the mix is the burgeoning class of TV artists. They come in different variety (age, shape, cultural background and education) and quality (skills of trade). The involuntary urge to speak in english gives them a pseudo stature in the society they live making them stand out in the crowd. The irony is that they are standing out all right but probably on their head...just missing a rubber nose andπŸ˜‰ a hat