India-Forums

Pratigya
Pratigya

Do we understand Arushi?

Mili27 Goldie
Mili27
Mili27

Posted: 14 December 2010 at 5:02pm | IP Logged

I have been often mentioning in my musings that I hate Arushi and have been increasingly feeling uneasy about it. Hatred is not exactly an emotion I savour ( I still hate AH) and have done a bit of introspection. What I have realised that there is something about A that stirs evokes revulsion and moral outrage in me. However now as I delve deeper into her persona, I can feel pity for her. I think A represents the ugly consequence of repression. What thwarted desires can do to a person.

I think A was born an oddity in the Saxena household. She was the wild one, the maverick. Loud mouth, abrasive, brash..a cat among the pigeons.Social order meant that she had to conform and she did, unwillingly ofcourse.

Somewhere the ardour with which K courted P, stirred something deep in her. It aroused her need to love and be loved with such passion. But yet again all this was meant for the good girl, P, the girl who followed all the rules.A's reaction to K is a good enough proof of her motivations.

Aman M was meant to be her ticket to freedom. But here again, she was thwarted by the good one,P again. This marr of A is an act of sheer vendetta. An act of rebellion, it's like I dare to break all rules, stop me if you can. A desperate act to grab attention.

It is the hollow ethics, the sham of morality, the burden of always having to act good that give rise to pple like Arushi. Society hates a person like A but it is the soc which created her at the first place. She is the Frankenstein the likes of Saxena create.

Random thoughts of mine. Think about it!

Edited by Mili97 - 14 December 2010 at 5:03pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

lighthousepierMeaningfulcutegurl224...Binny.......Poojie....

...Binny... IF-Rockerz
...Binny...
...Binny...

Posted: 14 December 2010 at 5:21pm | IP Logged
Mili

I understand your POV but according to me I could only pity this girl if she  had not made such a grave mistake willingly. Yes society has certain expectations from a middle class family, manners, certain behaviorism's must be followed, and AH seems to be the wild one amongst the family members but the need to fulfill your desires does not make her actions acceptable marrying a man like Shakti and ruining the life of another woman's in the process to portray her frustration is.....at the moment she is beyond her jealousy stage especially when she is willing to ruin the life of her sibling in the name of revenge.

AH has always been a bit jealous of prats her statement my husband will love me completely and far more then anyone else made that quiet clear. But I am unable to find any pity for her because her actions have brought this upon herself, in fact I had a bit of sympathy for her until she dragged Shakti to the alter at that moment she made a decision with a clear mind and now she must face the consequences of her actions of course that is if the CV's ever decide to show it...

As for society it expects a person to behave in the correct manner but AH's behavior and the fact that she always speaks out of turn makes it obvious that she has never followed the norms, her sudden outburst was simply out of jealousy and a fit of rage at not getting what she wanted due to the sister who had the kind of love she had only dreamed of !

Edited by Binny1247 - 14 December 2010 at 5:24pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Shefali.K

Mitrashakti Goldie
Mitrashakti
Mitrashakti

Posted: 14 December 2010 at 5:38pm | IP Logged
Sorry Mili I cannot pity Arushi. I hate this kind woman from the core of my heart. Nothing can justify commiting a crime like bigamy and spoiling another poor woman's life. Moreover she is is trying to cause problems in her sister's life.

I will be taking a sigh of relief and smile the day she finds out the truth and starts repenting. Again I hate a home wrecker.

Anu
telstra IF-Sizzlerz
telstra
telstra

Posted: 14 December 2010 at 5:45pm | IP Logged
sharmilsa my qustion is do we need to understand her?i mean is she worth of it that we use our brain energies for understanding her ?ROFLshe is an utter nonsense and foolish girl who seems to have an empty skull. no sympathies
Mili27 Goldie
Mili27
Mili27

Posted: 14 December 2010 at 6:05pm | IP Logged
Pity is not exactly sympathy. It is the acknowledgement of the total degradation of a person. Unlike sympathy, there is a sense of moral superiority associated with pity and that's exactly what I feel for Arushi. Watching A is like watching a horrible creepy-crawly slithering her way thro'life. A repulsive and bestial creature. We want to look away from her as she represents everything that can go horribly wrong with the society. remember, we were all so disgusted that why is she so desperate to get married? I have an opinion on that, in South Asia, marr. is just not a b'ning
of new life, it is also the end of the old one.

Arushi is evil, no doubt about it. She is an evil that society creates and even help to flourish. P is not able to deal with A's onslaughts bec' she is for the first time in her life, afraid. Afraid to confront evil that has come out of her own family.Aru chap has shown up the moral weakness and innate nepotism of P.When you are living in glass (read green) house, you shd not be throwing stones at others. P will learn this lesson the hard way.

Edited by Mili97 - 14 December 2010 at 6:17pm
Mitrashakti Goldie
Mitrashakti
Mitrashakti

Posted: 14 December 2010 at 6:38pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Mili97

Pity is not exactly sympathy. It is the acknowledgement of the total degradation of a person. Unlike sympathy, there is a sense of moral superiority associated with pity and that's exactly what I feel for Arushi. Watching A is like watching a horrible creepy-crawly slithering her way thro'life. A repulsive and bestial creature. We want to look away from her as she represents everything that can go horribly wrong with the society. remember, we were all so disgusted that why is she so desperate to get married? I have an opinion on that, in South Asia, marr. is just not a b'ning
of new life, it is also the end of the old one.

Arushi is evil, no doubt about it. She is an evil that society creates and even help to flourish. P is not able to deal with A's onslaughts bec' she is for the first time in her life, afraid. Afraid to confront evil that has come out of her own family.Aru chap has shown up the moral weakness and innate nepotism of P.When you are living in glass (read green) house, you shd not be throwing stones at others. P will learn this lesson the hard way.
Underlined. Pratigya has to stand up. I don't think she is afraid ,but I do think she is surprised and shocked to see her kid sister's evil transformation. I think its hard for her to digest the fact that Arushi had so much malice in her. She is evil no doubt.Acc to the precap if Arushi is hell bend to destroy her relationship with krishna,will she be quiet still or see the matter seriously. Please discuss your thought?

Mili27

laks76 Goldie
laks76
laks76

Posted: 14 December 2010 at 6:47pm | IP Logged
Underlined. Pratigya has to stand up. I don't think she is afraid ,but I do think she is surprised and shocked to see her kid sister's evil transformation. I think its hard for her to digest the fact that Arushi had so much malice in her.Anu u r right. Pratigya is surprised to see this side of arushi and more over shocked. She is not able to imagine her like that. u know what Pratigya's weakness is her family. for her family she becomes silent and don't tell anything. Remember when her father told her not to tell krishna abt the kidnap and wanted her word for that. tht nearly destroyed her married life.  She is evil no doubt.Acc to the precap if Arushi is hell bend to destroy her relationship with krishna,will she be quiet still or see the matter seriously. Please discuss your thought? o.k. now abt this if arushi challenges her she will fight for krishna. now all the more she loves him. she will do everything in her hand to clear things and get him back. she did everything before when he even doubted her. so this is nothing compared to that. arushi is only her little sister and she knows how her sister will act and i am sure she won;t just sit quiet if that happens. we will see a new pratigya.shewill fight for krishna that is definite.

babithaj

Mitrashakti Goldie
Mitrashakti
Mitrashakti

Posted: 14 December 2010 at 7:00pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by laks76

Underlined. Pratigya has to stand up. I don't think she is afraid ,but I do think she is surprised and shocked to see her kid sister's evil transformation. I think its hard for her to digest the fact that Arushi had so much malice in her.Anu u r right. Pratigya is surprised to see this side of arushi and more over shocked. She is not able to imagine her like that. u know what Pratigya's weakness is her family. for her family she becomes silent and don't tell anything. Remember when her father told her not to tell krishna abt the kidnap and wanted her word for that. tht nearly destroyed her married life.  She is evil no doubt.Acc to the precap if Arushi is hell bend to destroy her relationship with krishna,will she be quiet still or see the matter seriously. Please discuss your thought? o.k. now abt this if arushi challenges her she will fight for krishna. now all the more she loves him. she will do everything in her hand to clear things and get him back. she did everything before when he even doubted her. so this is nothing compared to that. arushi is only her little sister and she knows how her sister will act and i am sure she won;t just sit quiet if that happens. we will see a new pratigya.shewill fight for krishna that is definite.
Underlined Hi Laks, Yes she loves him with her whole heart and I agree she will do anything for him. My question is what can Arushi do different to create any misunderstanding? kriya has survived the Thakur's and every odds.What can Arushi do? Lets discuss.

Go to top