Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Rani Mukherji's back with a bang!

Salmanayesha IF-Sizzlerz
Salmanayesha
Salmanayesha

Posted: 14 December 2010 at 4:45pm | IP Logged

Rani's back with a bang!

Talking about her role, she says, "I am playing a character called Meera, who is a reporter, and has a heroic face in media." She adds, "I always wanted to be a journalist, and so this role was very close to my heart. I think film and crime journalism are very interesting."

When questioned about how she bagged the role, she explains, "It was my director Rajkumar Gupta who thought that I could do the role and do justice to the character he had sketched. I am glad he chose me. I have done a little bit of research on journalists, but more on crime reporters, as their life is more dynamic. I play such a reporter in the film." Rani was of the opinion that crime reporting is difficult, as compared to Bollywood reporting.

In No One Killed Jessica! , Rani is also sharing the screen with Vidya Balan, another acclaimed actress. About this, she clarified, "I don't know why the media thinks that two actresses have to fight if they work together, but nothing like that happened in our case. I think Vidya is a fantastic actress and has done some great films. And I really like her as an actress and as a human being."
In the promos, Rani's bold dialogues are definitely the highlight. " You have to ask my director because he has sketched the role for me. And it's not based on any particular reporter. My character has to go to remote and dangerous places and meet many people. You must have seen people using such dialogues with friends or as a phrase sometimes. And today's people are so frustrated that they keep using such words," she quips, about her dialogues.

On her favorite songs from the film, she says, "I think I was lucky to get to share a film with Amit Trivedi, who has composed such beautiful songs. My favorite is Dilli Dilliā€¦ he has done such wonderful work."

The film is based on the Jessica Lal murder case, and Rani has gone through some of her case files. "Yes, I have gone through them. Recently there was a press conference in Delhi, where I met Sabreena, Jessica's sister, for the first time. I must say she is commendable and a wonderful human being. Hats off to the person who has given her life's most important time to get justice for her sister. That's the part which Vidya is playing in the film. When she was trying to get justice, it was the media who helped her, and that's what I am doing in the film," said Rani in conclusion.

No One Killed Jessica! is directed by Rajkumar Gupta, and stars Rani Mukerji and Vidya Balan as lead actresses. The film is slated to release on 7th January, 2011.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

zoyahKWRocks.pria4evernimrah

zoyah Goldie
zoyah
zoyah

Posted: 14 December 2010 at 4:59pm | IP Logged

Rani is a legend and one the best actresses ever in Bollywood . Box office success never mattered to me compared to good acting.

But I am happy that NOKJ is making a lot of news . Rani and Vidya deserves to be appreciated fore their hard work for the film.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

KWRocks.glittersruky786

koolchick IF-Rockerz

Requested Self ban

Posted: 14 December 2010 at 5:07pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

zoyahglittersruky786

totallydesified Senior Member
totallydesified
totallydesified

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 3:11am | IP Logged
i think i will like her in this role....its a little hatke from all her other roles!!!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

zoyahruky786

ruky786 IF-Stunnerz
ruky786
ruky786

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 4:12am | IP Logged
I am so excited for this film, Rani is back

KWRocks.Mehak_Luvs_Rani

glitters IF-Dazzler
glitters
glitters

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 4:21am | IP Logged
Originally posted by koolchick

she's a very versatile actress (and possibly the best we have today)

I so agreeClapCant wait to see her performance in NOKJBig smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Mehak_Luvs_Rani

.EatMyShorts. Senior Member

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 4:41am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
pria4ever IF-Dazzler
pria4ever
pria4ever

Posted: 15 December 2010 at 6:57am | IP Logged
she's playing a bold character...a gamble imo...hope it works in her favour!!!!!
really Bollywood is missing 'geniunely gud actors' like her!!!!Smile

zoyahkoolchick

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top