Debate Mansion

Are all addictions equally difficult to deal with? (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 13

Page 1
Page   of 13
Page 3 Page 13

Angel-likeDevil

IF-Sizzlerz

Angel-likeDevil

Posted: 12 December 2010 at 4:46am | IP Logged
Originally posted by old-black-joe

So being addicted to a tv show is equal to being addicted to meth or pot? Let's take 2 people with equal mental fortitude. Once gets hooked on pot, the other on going to a site. Will it be equally difficult for both people to get out of their addictions?

I agree, it is a vicious cycle.

Well getting unplugged from the net isn't practical, we need the net for other stuff, don't we?

Drug addiction is not easy compared to addiction to net, atleast that's what I think..

In drug addiction a person takes a chemical that stays in our body and might cause intoxication that causes the NEED to take the drug repeatedly, causes the person to become physiologically dependent on the drug. It affects the person physically wherein his body has vulnerability to deteriorate and this person withdraws from the society due to his inability to respond to the environment... The person also sees hallucinations, delusions and all.

While the internet  addiction is nothing what drug addiction is. You remain psychologically stable whilst being addicted to it, you have same response to stimuli/environment and you do not get physiologically involved with internet addiction.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

mr.ass

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Are all addictions equally difficult to deal with? (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Angel-likeDevil

IF-Sizzlerz

Angel-likeDevil

Posted: 12 December 2010 at 4:54am | IP Logged

CHALK? LOL well I used to like those sweet cigarettes  LOL they were edible though.

I had an amazing 75 % + average, but then one semster ago I got a miserable 65% thanks to my freakin if addiction! Cry   so I quit IF much to the surprise of some people like shad, wa, etc Tongue

One great thing i noticed that behavioural has over substance addiction is that you get "bored".. like 99.5% of my old if buddies have vanished, only baz and ajnu being left, and now baz has a job and ajnu is less frequent here, so if it weren't for guys like debu, you, p1nk etc I would quit IF cold turkey LOL You don't ever get "bored" of the substances. I feel it's more of a challenge  for some reason, although I don't know why.

my uncle died because of substance abuse LOL

Yeahh.. Tongue And I had friend who used to eat mud.. Shocked LOL 

You are scaring me, I think I should quit IF for 3 months just incase I fall back into IF addiction LOL 

I agree, OBJ, there was a point of time when I was bored with IF. I'm guessing you do not get bored with substance addiction b'cos the addiction actually enters you're body and stimulates the body?

WOW, you must have loved you're uncle.. Tongue 

EDIT : I just got a thought, I think you get 'bored' with things when have prolonged obsession with something? I was obsessed with FB when I was new to it, but then I got bored of it.. many said I was addicted but, no, I was obsessed with it. How do we exactly know that we're addicted and not obsessed?

Edited by Angel-likeDevil - 12 December 2010 at 4:59am

mr.ass

IF-Rockerz

mr.ass

Posted: 12 December 2010 at 5:03am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Angel-likeDevil

You are scaring me, I think I should quit IF for 3 months just incase I fall back into IF addiction LOL 

I agree, OBJ, there was a point of time when I was bored with IF. I'm guessing you do not get bored with substance addiction b'cos the addiction actually enters you're body and stimulates the body?

WOW, you must have loved you're uncle.. Tongue your, not you're.. you're is "you are" Tongue
 I just got a thought, I think you get 'bored' with things when have prolonged obsession with something? I was obsessed with FB when I was new to it, but then I got bored of it.. many said I was addicted but, no, I was obsessed with it. How do we exactly know that we're addicted and not obsessed?

first differenciate between addiction and obsession.is it the same thing at the end of the day, or is it actually different, not just by definition?

EDIT: lol in my question paper it was spelt differenciate Tongue but then again my teachers are ganwars. LOL

Edited by old-black-joe - 12 December 2010 at 5:20am

Angel-likeDevil

Angel-likeDevil

IF-Sizzlerz

Angel-likeDevil

Posted: 12 December 2010 at 5:18am | IP Logged

WOW, you must have loved you're uncle.. Tongue your, not you're.. you're is "you are" Tongue
 I just got a thought, I think you get 'bored' with things when have prolonged obsession with something? I was obsessed with FB when I was new to it, but then I got bored of it.. many said I was addicted but, no, I was obsessed with it. How do we exactly know that we're addicted and not obsessed?

first differenciate between addiction and obsession.is it the same thing at the end of the day, or is it actually different, not just by definition?

Oh right.. my bad. Tongue

It's differentiate and not differenciate Tongue LOL 

OK, I just referred to Oxford Dictionary and it says addiction is the condition where sb is unable to stop taking harmful drugs or using or doing sth as a habit.

Obsession is the state in which a person's mind is completely filled with thoughts of one particular thing or person so that they cannot think of anything else.

There's another meaning for addiction that I think is really important now that obsession is brought in, it says, addiction is the act of spending you're free time doing sth because you're so interested in it.

Wacko

Edited by Angel-likeDevil - 12 December 2010 at 5:19am

mr.ass

mr.ass

IF-Rockerz

mr.ass

Posted: 12 December 2010 at 5:23am | IP Logged

Oh right.. my bad. Tongue

It's differentiate and not differenciate Tongue LOL 

OK, I just referred to Oxford Dictionary and it says addiction is the condition where sb is unable to stop taking harmful drugs or using or doing sth as a habit.

Obsession is the state in which a person's mind is completely filled with thoughts of one particular thing or person so that they cannot think of anything else.

There's another meaning for addiction that I think is really important now that obsession is brought in, it says, addiction is the act of spending you're free time doing sth because you're so interested in it.

Wacko

eh heh. my bad Embarrassed

Well, I pose a question to you - would you be addicted to something without being obsessed?

Edited by old-black-joe - 12 December 2010 at 5:25am

Angel-likeDevil

CunningLinguist

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 12 December 2010 at 5:25am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

mr.ass

mr.ass

IF-Rockerz

mr.ass

Posted: 12 December 2010 at 5:25am | IP Logged
edit

Edited by old-black-joe - 12 December 2010 at 5:25am

mr.ass

IF-Rockerz

mr.ass

Posted: 12 December 2010 at 5:28am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Emptiness

I'm addicted to Dexter these days.

LOL

I'm addicted to modern family.. I just subscribed to fx.. season 5 is starting.. lets see how it is..

I was addicted to 2.5 men, but it sucks now... charlie sheen looks bored with his role. and angus sounds like a car engine with his breaking voice Dead

Post Reply New Post

Go to top