Page 2 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 3 Page 3

-SooSweet-

Goldie

-SooSweet-

Posted: 21 December 2005 at 1:29am | IP Logged
Inter-Religion marriage can be accepted,provided the couples have good understanding and they dont fight for religion sake..

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "INTER-RELIGION MARRIAGES (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

TiN24

Goldie

TiN24

Posted: 21 December 2005 at 7:55pm | IP Logged
Marrying inter-religion is very easily done and CAN be accepted. BUT what people tend to forget is what happens when kids come into the picture? If a sikh marries a Hindu, there's not so much difference in religion for a child to get confused. But what happens when a Muslim guy marries a Catholic woman and they have kids? Do the kids follow Islamic beliefs and customs or Catholic beliefs and customs? Do they go to the masjid or go to church? I am using this as an example cause this type of relation exists in my family and it gets very confusing at times for my cousins.

I personally think that its in the best interest if people marry within their own religion just to make life easier. I could be wrong, but that's what I think. When people do decide to marry inter-religions, they should think of the future and how this relationship will effect their future. With marrying inter-religion there are no guarentee's. You can have understanding and communication at first, but how long can that last? The issue and topic of being 2 different religions will come up at one point in time.

Again, this is all my own opinion. I wouldn't marry anyone outside my own religion and wouldn't recommend it either.

sowmyaa

IF-Dazzler

sowmyaa

Posted: 22 December 2005 at 6:12am | IP Logged
I think it's matter of personal choice. I have couple inter relgion marriages in my own home and some even after 30-40 years of marriage are going just fine. So it's a personal choice, to me, I would marry someone who share same relegion belief as me..it's just easier.

Aparna_BD

IF-Dazzler

Aparna_BD

Posted: 22 December 2005 at 8:21am | IP Logged
Originally posted by zhasan2

well, Muslim girls cannot marry outside of the religon of Islam because it will cause problems between husband and wife about things.
Say someone is fasting, their husband wants to eat out or something, the girl cannot eat

Zhasan i mentioned before i disagree with you .  If some one is fasting - in a understanding relationship the spouse will not insist on eating out ....will respect the other's wishes . Marriage is all about respecting each others wishes . Even if the spouse eats alone will not insist on the other person to break the fast . Its all about adjustment , its all about respecting each other's wishes !!

sowmyaa

IF-Dazzler

sowmyaa

Posted: 22 December 2005 at 8:37am | IP Logged
Originally posted by indygirl

Originally posted by zhasan2

well, Muslim girls cannot marry outside of the religon
of Islam because it will cause problems between husband and wife about
things.
Say someone is fasting, their husband wants to eat out or something, the girl cannot eat

Zhasan i mentioned before i disagree with you . If some one is
fasting - in a understanding relationship the spouse will not insist on
eating out ....will respect the other's wishes . Marriage is all about
respecting each others wishes . Even if the spouse eats alone will not
insist on the other person to break the fast . Its all about adjustment
, its all about respecting each other's wishes !!

I agree with indygirl. Let's take examble of same religion marriage...Even if hindu girl is fasting does not mean hindu men is fasting....marriage is about respecting each other's belief and religion too. I have a very good friend who is muslim raised in pakistan and has american wife and they have 2 kids. They seem to be a perfect couple to me. Its personal choice and how much you think can adjust to yourself. there are also adjustments when you marry someone from same religion, i would sayits personal choice.

Aparna_BD

IF-Dazzler

Aparna_BD

Posted: 22 December 2005 at 10:39am | IP Logged
Infact taking over from what bgdesai said about her Pakistani friend . I have a friens from Bombay , a Maharashtran who's married to an American .Well they both have adjusted well to each other , they choose not to be realigous and bring religous plans in to their lives . They have a healthy relationship where neither makes fuss about their own religon and tries to impose on the other , while they are familiar with the culture .

What i mean to say , when you want to make a relationship work their are millions of ways to do it . They chose to omit religon out of their beliefs , daily life etc . And enjoy a good marriage without it .
Now this is one of the methods to make it work . but if religon is too important to you , then at least you will neither impose it nor will you scorn other's beliefs !!

MS.ATTITUDE

Goldie

MS.ATTITUDE

Posted: 24 December 2005 at 7:53pm | IP Logged
This is nt zeeshan's view this is da view of our QURAN dat
    a muslim gal or guy cannot marry a person of other religion until dat gal or guy converts into islam.

n plz don comment on this cuz this is our holy book's QURAN view n we muslims believe in dat wholeheartdely n yes all those muslims who marry other religion's gal n guy widout conversion dat's illicit in da eyes of ALLAH.

again this is da view of QURAN n we muslim believe on dat.like we don like to comment on nythng written in BHAGWAT GEETA OR BIBLE, cuz dat'll hurt ur feelings n we don know wat's in der. I expect dat u guyz don comments on QURANIC view .I expalin dat cuz I know dat u ppl don know wat's in QURAN.
thanku.

MS.ATTITUDE

Goldie

MS.ATTITUDE

Posted: 24 December 2005 at 8:23pm | IP Logged
IN SHORT IN ISLAM INTER-RELIGIONS MARRIAGES RNT ALLOWED UNTILL DAT PERSON CONVERTS INTO ISLAM.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top