The Vampire Diaries

do u think kat really loves stefan? (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2

leeseunggilove

IF-Rockerz

leeseunggilove

Posted: 12 December 2010 at 9:36am | IP Logged
so the bottomline is dat she loves stefan..bt is too selfish..and will give up on love for self preservation???

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

shona.-dhruvi.JealousBasher.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "do u think kat really loves stefan? (Page 2)" in The Vampire Diaries forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

AppleBlossom

AppleBlossom

Posted: 12 December 2010 at 9:54am | IP Logged
She has a twisted definition of love. She doesn't love him in a way that would ever matter to Stefan.

-dhruviluv_winchesters-Nayab-

-dhruvi

IF-Rockerz

-dhruvi

Posted: 16 December 2010 at 12:44pm | IP Logged
WARNING: this will be a very long post. Read at your caution, (;
'kay so in order to answer this question, one must really understand Katherine.

I believe, before she was pregnant, she was this cheery, bubbly, lively person. A cunning version of Caroline ( before she turned as well ). Everyone admired her beauty and would flail at her sight. They wanted her, loved her, and one person even managed to get her in bed. I don't know how that relationship went - but I do know she never loved him enough to think about him centuries later. So what do we know so far? All the guys want her for lust and nothing more.

Now, come to her father, the most important man in her life ( before marriage that is ). He who sees his daughter in labor, is ashamed, and orders that her child be given away for it has brought nothing but shame to the family. The only man that's supposed to love her no matter what happens, does this injustice to her. So that's two wrong so far.

Enter Klaus and his men. They are after her because she is part of this curse and want her death for the sake of their wellbeing. Now that's a dozen more men doing her wrong. Then she gets Trevor who is willing to risk everything because he claims he loves her. Whether that love was true or not is debatable but Katherine sees it as nothing more than a love that will fail her in the future as her father's love failed before. And it does fail her because when she goes back home everyone she has loved is dead. So now we can say all the men who have come in her life have done her nothing but wrong. Wanting her for their selfish reasons or unable to provide her happiness that not just wants but did deserve at the time.

For centuries she carries the same attitude for all the men she comes across. She uses them as she was used before. The coldness she was treated with in her past consumes her. She gives the guys what they want (herself) and in the moment they are happy she discards them as she was once too many times. That is until she meets the Salvatores. Well Stefan to be specific. While Damon did offer her everything he had, he was still lustful in a manner. But this is not his discussion of love so we'll wave him off because it can be debatable so let me stop here on him.

Stefan becomes the only man who courts her. The only man who not only sees but falls for the Katherine she WAS before she turned. Around Stefan I do believe she became herself. The one she used to be before she was pregnant. The happy days were she was young, in love with life itself, and just carefree human. He brought all this out something no man has ever been able to do. He calls her and angel, whispers sweet promises of love she's been yearning for all her life. He gave her what she wanted and dissevered so long ago. So yes, I can finally, and do argue that she does love Stefan. She loves him because of all this.

Where her love gets questionable and twisted is a complicated, web of mess. As much as she loved/loves Stefan she loves her herself. What I mean is the symbol that has become of her from being turned. It's not the power ( though I'll argue this point in a second ). Turning into this creature represents her standing up for herself. Saying no, I will tolerate being treated this way any longer. You cannot use me anymore. I am in charge of myself. You cannot control me, I decide what my future has in store for me, not you. This was the power, her power. And that is why no man has been able to rein her in. This side of her is something she is not willing to let go. Not even for Stefan. And that is why it's complicated. She does love him because he is her humanity but she is not willing to let go of her vampirism. This is why people question her.

Stefan sees all of this and understands but because of the vampire issues he stopped loving her. But I don't think she will ever stop loving her, even if he moves on. He was able to give her love and promise that she chased after even if it was short lived.

And I love this about show!Katherine. She is so layered. Something the book!Katherine was not. Katherine's craziness is easily justified as Damon or any other 'bad' vampire. The love I have for this girl is insane, because when a broken character is brought into a story to be hated all I can do is the exact opposite. I hope this didn't bore you to pieces. Anyways, I hope I made this a little clear to some of you. I know it's only one point of view about her, but I really think it's close to bull eyes from what they have portrayed of her so far.

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

leeseunggiloveKai.-Nayab-Debolina.luv_winchestersrelentless..JealousBasher.JennyPenny

leeseunggilove

IF-Rockerz

leeseunggilove

Posted: 16 December 2010 at 2:04pm | IP Logged
wow..dhruvi...i know the theory ur talkin abt..bt i doubt i could have worded it so beautifully..
thanx fr datttt loong post!!LOLBig smile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Kai.luv_winchesters

-dhruvi

IF-Rockerz

-dhruvi

Posted: 17 December 2010 at 10:45am | IP Logged
^ awe thank you babe. Just stating what's obvious to me. I think what TVD is trying to do is show us that what's bad really may not be; only due to past circumstances. We've learned that from every villian so far. And its true for Kat as well. (;

leeseunggilove-Nayab-luv_winchesters

-Nayab-

IF-Sizzlerz

-Nayab-

Posted: 18 December 2010 at 1:11pm | IP Logged

I second what Dhruvi's said about Kat... It's exactly what I wanted to say but couldn't put into words LOL...

Thanks Dhruvi Hug...

Love your Kat analysis Clap...

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-dhruvileeseunggilove

leeseunggilove

IF-Rockerz

leeseunggilove

Posted: 19 December 2010 at 11:09pm | IP Logged
me too nayab..i agree wid her as well..(:

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Nayab-

Post Reply New Post