Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

lakshmi_maruthi thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago

Hi Tin24,

Welcome and thanks for the great update. I do agree, Kekta kapoor does have some standard plots like, extra-marital affair, rape and then fall in love, people assuming husband is killed but husband reappears after their 2nd marriage, siblings becoming rivals.. etc.. 

One thing though, I never thought a 2nd marriage for the girl was so widely accepted in India.. This is totally different from my preception of girl's and their marriage's in india..

TiN24 thumbnail

Hey lakshmi_maruthil !

I completely understand what you are saying and I don't get it myself. These issues regarding rape, affairs, marriage.......these are issues that should be taken seriously and not played with. The way ekta kapoor portrays these issues are that of an everyday life. Its alright if ekta wants to adress the issue of rape (for example).......but instead of giving the female a strong role and making her character more strong, confident and as a individual.....she makes the female characters turn out to be saints and run back to their husbands for the sake of love. That's a bunch of BS to me (plz excuse me language) The message girls in india or pakistan are getting is that of women going back their husbands and loving them inspite of what they have done (for example rape). That's probably why 2nd marriage and these things are looked at serioulsy

TiN24 thumbnail
Sorry.......i mean not looked at seriously!
TiN24 thumbnail
Women in these serials are supposed to be portraying the "Typical indian middle-class girl" with the right principals and values.....but if that's what they ARE NOT DOING........then obvioulsy the viewer (female viewers) are going to get the wrong idea and see that if a 2nd marriage or whatever the case may be is okay for Kajal or whoever (for example) is okay to do.......then whynot me?!?!?!
dotme thumbnail

"shukriya"   tin24.........for the awesome update.i truely believe its people like u who like the site up and running.😛

thankx a zillion.👏

dotme thumbnail

o man!............i m so sorry i guess its time for me to go to bed.....

i meant......."its people like u who keep the website up and running with your efforts"

sorry for the errors

TiN24 thumbnail
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO PROBLEM!!!!!......NO need to thank!..........I enjoy the show ALOT.......and I know what it feels like to be sooooooooooooooooooo egar to know what happened or is going to happen.........I recently joined this site and I must say............ITS GREAT..........I'm having  lots of fun and enjoy sharing my thoughts and opinion with fellow fans.........i love the feedback!!!