Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Wistfulness thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by: nladdoo

to me daya is and always will be the mst handomest guy in the planetπŸ˜‰πŸ‘β€οΈ

I second you πŸ˜›
Forfriend thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Got this one on youtube... I guess its not shared here before 

I did not understand a word from it... due to language... πŸ˜”

can any one translate it

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F30rwBP6FjA&feature=plcp[/YOUTUBE]

YOUTUBE LINK http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F30rwBP6FjA&feature=plcp

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OU7frQm5RQI&feature=plcp[/YOUTUBE]

YOUTUBE LINK http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OU7frQm5RQI&feature=plcp
Edited by Forfriend - 11 years ago
Wistfulness thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Even I can't understand the language :(

Btw, thanks for sharing :)
visrom thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Let me try...

Daya says...my social life is very less. But if I go for outdoor shoots or functions, the 'response' is good. (maybe fan following)

Daya has an image of a very strong man.

THen I think he says that CID characters have ...something...(become very popular). Our TRPs were going down, slumping, but we have bounced back. People now don't miss CID even if they are busy or have exams. πŸ˜›

I keep going to charity functions, cancer societies, someone had an amputated leg... wherever we can help we do, but I don't seek publicity.
I don't like to behave like a celebrity, calling press, clicking photos, showing off etc. I just decide one fine morning, go wherever there are needy people, help and come back.

The interviewer asks : Has any politician tried to approach you? Because whenever they see someone so popular, they try to pull them to gain popularity.

Daya says: If there's something good I can do, I may consider it...I don't want to join politics, just to get a 'chair' and sit doing nothing. We don't know what's there in our destiny. If I contest and election and people make me win, I want to at least be sure I satisfy 10% of their expectation. Who knows what the future holds...πŸ˜• (Daya - politician...😡)

Q: Where's your native place?

Daya: My mother's native place is <I couldn't catch it> my father's place is Shimantur. Birth is in Mangalore and I was brought up and had my education in Mumbai. My mother speaks in Tulu..my dad passed away in 1998. I used to speak to him in Tulu too.

Q: We came to know that you are a good dancer...πŸ˜‰

Daya: 😳 Nothing like that...at that time the Channel wanted me to participate. They wanted a non-dancer celebrity and I was a non dancer, so I decided to participate. If anything comes my way be it dancing or politics or whatever, I'll take it. But will not consciously pursue it.

Q; Any message to youth?

Daya: Maintain good relations with your parents, don't distance yourselves. There's too much stress and tension and people are being dragged towards bad stuff. (didn't get the exact meaning) You need to be conncted to your family, your parents, how you treat each other that's important.

Q: What's your fav song?

Daya: I don;t know much of Kannada...I have grown up watching Hindi and Marathi films...there's nothing like a fav song as such...but there's one song which is a way of life...so I'll go for that...And he sings a beautiful Hindi  song...at 7:44!!!πŸ˜ƒπŸ‘ Do listen.

Then they show a clip from Bachchan's movie where he sings that song.

...back to Daya where he finishes the song. πŸ˜ƒ

The interviewer says...wow, you are an actor, dancer and even a singer. 😳Tongue

I think Daya says, it's nothing...all of us have many hidden talents...it's all God's grace (or something like that)

The interviewer asks...why don't you do playback singing, I am sure you'll succeed? 😊

Daya laughs it off. πŸ˜†

The interviewer tells the audience...here's Daya...he was only 2 when he migrated to Mumbai, but he has not forgotten his mother tongue. Tongue And says thanks to Daya.

Sorry for mistakes...I wanted to try translating this, thought this is not my language...maybe knowing the other 3 south Indian languages did help. πŸ˜‰

Asto, Mallika, Namratha...please excuse me for mistakes.

Edited by visrom - 11 years ago
Forfriend thumbnail
Thank you so much  Visrom

I can guess its part two of the interview righ???

Edited by Forfriend - 11 years ago
nladdoo thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
@visrom thx for the tanslation

QUOTE=visrom]
Let me try...
Daya says...my social life is very less. But if I go for outdoor shoots or functions, the 'response' is good. (maybe fan following)
Daya has an image of a very strong man.
THen I think he says that CID characters have ...something...(become very popular). Our TRPs were going down, slumping, but we have bounced back. People now don't miss CID even if they are busy or have exams. πŸ˜›
I keep going to charity functions, cancer societies, someone had an amputated leg...whereverwe can helpwe do, butI don't seek publicity.
I don't like to behave like a celebrity, calling press, clicking photos, showing off etc. I just decide one fine morning, go wherever there are needy people, help and come back.
The interviewer asks : Has any politician tried to approach you? Because whenever they see someone so popular, they try to pull them to gain popularity.
Dayasays: If there's something good I can do, I may consider it...I don't want to join politics, just to get a 'chair' and sit doing nothing. We don't know what's there in our destiny. If I contest and election and people make me win, I want to at least be sure I satisfy 10% of their expectation. Who knows what the future holds...πŸ˜• (Daya - politician...😡)
Q: Where's your native place?
Daya: My mother's native place is <I couldn't catch it> my father's place is Shimantur. Birth is in Mangalore and I was brought up and had my education in Mumbai. My mother speaks in Tulu..my dad passed away in 1998. I used to speak to him in Tulu too.
Q: We came to know that you are a good dancer...πŸ˜‰
Daya: 😳Nothing like that...at that time the Channel wanted me to participate. They wanted a non-dancer celebrity and I was a non dancer, so I decided to participate. If anything comes my way be it dancing or politics or whatever, I'll take it. But will not consciously pursue it.
Q; Any message to youth?
Daya:Maintain good relations with your parents, don't distance yourselves.There's too much stress and tension and people are being dragged towards bad stuff. (didn't get the exact meaning) You need to be conncted to your family, your parents, how you treat each otherthat's important.
Q: What's your fav song?
Daya: I don;t know much of Kannada...I have grown up watching Hindi and Marathi films...there's nothing like a fav song as such...but there's one song which is a way of life...so I'll go for that...And he sings a beautiful Hindi song...at 7:44!!!πŸ˜ƒπŸ‘Do listen.
Then they show a clip from Bachchan's movie where he sings that song.
...back to Daya where he finishes the song. πŸ˜ƒ
The interviewer says...wow, you are an actor, dancer and even a singer. πŸ˜³πŸ˜›
I think Daya says, it's nothing...all of us have many hidden talents...it's all God's grace (or something like that)
The interviewer asks...why don't you do playback singing, I am sure you'll succeed? 😊
Daya laughs it off. πŸ˜†
The interviewer tells the audience...here's Daya...he was only 2 when he migrated to Mumbai, but he has not forgotten his mother tongue. πŸ˜›And says thanks to Daya.
Sorry for mistakes...I wanted to try translating this, thought this is not my language...maybe knowing the other 3 south Indian languages did help. πŸ˜‰
Asto, Mallika, Namratha...please excuse me for mistakes.

[/QUOTE]
visrom thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: Forfriend

Thank you so much  Visrom

I can guess its part two of the interview righ???

Yeah...that part 1 or whatever has been blocked for me...😲 I didn't know there was a part 1. I will see if the direct youtube link works...but can't do that now for some reasons.
Forfriend thumbnail
Originally posted by: visrom

Yeah...that part 1 or whatever has been blocked for me...😲 I didn't know there was a part 1. I will see if the direct youtube link works...but can't do that now for some reasons.

No No i am just confirming as I am not able to understand any thing...

Thank you so much for this one yaar... 😊
astonish thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Good job Vissy... I donno Tulu... It sounded like 25% kannada and 75% tamil πŸ˜†

Thanks for sharing the interview... 😊
jasmine_12 thumbnail
@for friend, thanx for the links.. @visrom, thanx for the translation...