Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion

jassi-purab quarrels (Page 3)

ides IF-Dazzler
ides
ides

Posted: 24 September 2004 at 2:27pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by pj04

though i think that "bound by contact" part

pj04 i'm assuming that by this you r refering to the contract the producers have with the BLF people. For one, as far as I know in the origional BLF the character of Micheal (Purab) was not a major one but in JJKN its become one of the pivotal one. So in essence T&D have already changed the storyline a bit.....also I dont think after what Armaan has done, it would sit right with the viewer sensibilities here if Jassi were to end up with Armaan....but as you said anything can happen.....

Edited by ides - 24 September 2004 at 2:28pm

pj04 Goldie
pj04
pj04

Posted: 24 September 2004 at 2:41pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by ides

I think so too.....there do seem undercurrents at play here... perhaps she has strong feelings for Purab
.i agree

1)  she says she cannot fight with her friend nandu, hm and specially purab. if you notice she always places purab slightly differently even among her friends.

2)she misses purab on her b'day episode initially but then reminds herself that he is no longer her friend.

3)she is so bubbly and herself around him

i think she just has not thought about it yet.

puja

ides IF-Dazzler
ides
ides

Posted: 24 September 2004 at 2:49pm | IP Logged

I am a rather recent viewer of JJKN so I wasnt sure if Jassi has always interacted with Purab in this manner of if this was a recent development.....but pj04....I agree Jassi seems to put Purab in an unnamed  catagory .....he is a friend but maybe a little more....T&D team should really edit Jassi's scripts better if they do not want Jassi to end up with Purab.....they are setting up the audience expectations....

Ashwirya Shetty Senior Member
Ashwirya Shetty
Ashwirya Shetty

Posted: 24 September 2004 at 3:14pm | IP Logged

If I understand correctly, they are bound by the contract to keep the main essence of the story and major character role's intact:

Essence of the Story: Poor ordinary girl, Jassi, meets rich ruthless Boss, Armaan. She falls in love with the boss, but does not compromise on her values. Armaan has not met anyone like her before. He feels insecured in her presence, and yet he cannot do without her. When Jassi realizes Armaan was using her, she leaves and decides to get street smart (changes physically and gets mentally stronger). She has her friends backing her – Nandu and Purab. Purab has a soft corner for her. They don't go too deep into the romantic angle between Jassi and Purab. Meanwhile, Armaan realizes that he is in love with the girl. He breaks off his engagement with Mallika. Jassi makes Armaan suffer a lot, before they both realize that they cannot live without each other.

Jassi is a simple next-door gal, who comes up the hard way. Over time, experience changes her (inner and outer shell). She loves this rich spoilt brat, who is her boss. Her persona is such, that people love her. People change for the better because of her. Armaan is the rich spoilt ruthless brat, who does not think twice about using and discarding people except his dad. (Sometime ago, it looked like he had a heart within the hard exterior). Armaan overtime realizes he actually loves Jassi. He starts loving her while she is still unchanged physically. He goes through a traumatic experience before he and Jassi get together. Armaan gets everything he deserved for treating Jassi so shabbily (This could have been a fantastic character-but in the Indian version they scre*** it BIG time). Purab is a rich man, and a very good friend of Jassi. He likes Jassi and vice verse. Jassi treat Purab as her very close friend - he is her sounding board. Purab has a soft corner for Jassi. (In the Indian version: I think they went over board with romantic angle here) Nandu: Jassi's childhood and best friend.
  1. Mallika: Armaan's childhood friend, and later his fiance. They broke off because they are not compatible and also Armaan realizes he loves Jassi.

Did I miss any other major character?

Now, they (T&D) can add characters to this story, or change the day-to-day scene (Which they have- and ended up creating two fan groups), but the major essence will have to remain same as the original.

I think- they shouldn't have overplayed Purab's feeling for Jassi. They could have shown some mild attraction or only friendship. People would have liked Purab's character, but would have not have tried to pair Purab with Jassi. However, now that they have shown Purab liking Jassi a lot, people cannot tolerate heartless, ruthless Armaan when a person like Purab is around.

Purab has everything- money, looks, good character and to top it all he loves Jassi. So why should Purab not end with Jassi? People want T&D to change Jassi, where she falls in love with Purab. Viewers do not want the bad to win, even if the bad changes for the better later, because the bad treatment cannot be easily forgotten or forgiven especially when they have introduced a person like Purab.

Edited by Ashwirya Shetty - 24 September 2004 at 4:59pm
alliha Senior Member
alliha
alliha

Posted: 24 September 2004 at 3:15pm | IP Logged

welcome idesHug!

ur 100% right

ides IF-Dazzler
ides
ides

Posted: 24 September 2004 at 3:29pm | IP Logged
very true Ashwirya...but now that T&D are walking a very tight rope......btw thnx Alliha
ruta Goldie
ruta
ruta

Posted: 25 September 2004 at 12:44pm | IP Logged

beautiful ashClap....that was sure exhaustive.and yes pj and ides raised some valid points.

well,the stream in which jjkn is flowing points towards the fact that probably they have managed to change the agreement b'coz if it were'nt so they would'nt have bothered to go so deep into purab's character.

i  firmly believe that loving someone blindly takes you no where and specially a ultra-level spoilt brat who treats you like a doormat .Jassi must not bear this atrocity.It is an insult beyond the highest degree to be treated like a sweeper when she is actually the owner and ceo of the company.She must not keep quiet this time....b'coz if she does armaan will take her for granted(he already does) and will stay in this fanatsy that he can treat her acc to his whims and fancies.

part of the blame also goes to jassi b'coz she never raised her voice before whenever armaan treated her badly just for the fact that she was in love with him.Its about time jassi gets over her armaan-infatuation and starts concentrating on her life and building her personality and career.

Edited by crazyaboutpurab - 25 September 2004 at 12:45pm
ides IF-Dazzler
ides
ides

Posted: 25 September 2004 at 1:33pm | IP Logged

I think Jassi has begun to show subtle change in attitude since the time that she has taken over as CEO. Her refusal to sign the check unless her terms are met…..her stand on the silk fabric incident where she overrode Armaan's instructions all show subtle personality changes. No longer does she treat Armaan as a being worthy of hero-worship…..however, old habits die hard….so we cant expect her be too assertive too fast.

I think with the  Sheetal-Armaan incident there is more at play than Jassi's infatuation. Knowing Jassi she is probably torn between doing the right thing and maintaining a good impression of the company. For if she publicly chastises Armaan in front of Sheetal, then she is automatically also giving a bad impression (of Gulmohar) to a prospective client. So being a responsible person….I think her reaction to this will be keeping in mind her duties as a CEO….not as Jassi…..

Go to top