Sanjog Se Bani Sangini

kamal ka phool not kamal ka fool

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

anjali10

IF-Rockerz

anjali10

Posted: 07 December 2010 at 3:08pm | IP Logged
Ouch yesterday Gauri said kamal ka fool Ouch,its pronounced as phool not fool. If Javed Akhtar was watching this, he would have gone AngryLOL.
How come no one pays attention to the dialogue and its delivery??LOL

Edited by anjali10 - 07 December 2010 at 3:08pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

ekumeed-scarlett-Laila2009

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "kamal ka phool not kamal ka fool" in Sanjog Se Bani Sangini forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Laila2009

IF-Rockerz

Laila2009

Posted: 07 December 2010 at 5:51pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by anjali10

Ouch yesterday Gauri said kamal ka fool Ouch,its pronounced as phool not fool. If Javed Akhtar was watching this, he would have gone AngryLOL.
How come no one pays attention to the dialogue and its delivery??LOL
I noted it too. It's a common trend on Indian television where the letters ph - where the h is silent -is pronounced as an "f."  And "ps" are substitued for "fs".  So, instead of saying "falak" the person will "palak."  I saw this among our Gujarati friends more than any particular group.  Another example is instead of saying "sabzi" the person will "sabji."

There are more.

zaara10

zaara10

Posted: 07 December 2010 at 10:33pm | IP Logged
it's common in bengali too. Esp the j's for z's and sh for s's (sharee, not saree)... These sounds just dont exist in the alphabet...

Laila2009

IF-Rockerz

Laila2009

Posted: 07 December 2010 at 11:14pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by zaara10

it's common in bengali too. Esp the j's for z's and sh for s's (sharee, not saree)... These sounds just dont exist in the alphabet...
I was wondering if that was the case. For example, in Arabic there is no "p" so there is no such word as "park."

zaara10

zaara10

Posted: 07 December 2010 at 11:25pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Laila2009

I was wondering if that was the case. For example, in Arabic there is no "p" so there is no such word as "park."
                                i know, it's bark, lol. Or another of my favs, bebsi, i.e. pepsi :)

Edited by zaara10 - 07 December 2010 at 11:27pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Laila2009

anjali10

IF-Rockerz

anjali10

Posted: 07 December 2010 at 11:35pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by zaara10

Originally posted by Laila2009

i know, it's bark, lol. Or another of my favs, bebsi, i.e. pepsi :)

LOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Laila2009

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.