Book Talk

Emma (the book) and Aisha(movie) comparison/contra (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2

nkapoor

IF-Rockerz

Posted: 25 February 2011 at 6:31am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Emma (the book) and Aisha(movie) comparison/contra (Page 2)" in Book Talk forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

ElusiveDevotion

IF-Dazzler

ElusiveDevotion

Posted: 25 February 2011 at 9:24pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by nkapoor

AISHA was a SHITT adaptation of EMMA!!

LOLLOLLOL
LOL

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 26 February 2011 at 8:10pm | IP Logged
I never saw the Aisha movie, but I did read the Emma book and found it okay....I love Jane Austen and my fav book of hers is Pride and Prejudice, but none of her other characters in any other book could compete with Darcy and Lizzy, they were classic.Smile

My next fav couple in terms of Jane Austen's characters is the protagonist duo from Northanger Abbey....I fogot the names, but that couple was well developed and seemed realistic as well.Clap

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ElusiveDevotion

spln

IF-Sizzlerz

spln

Posted: 27 February 2011 at 12:10pm | IP Logged
Emma is one of my personal favorites by Austen - its only competition lies in Sense and Sensibility. Yeh, i like P&P like everyone else, but for some reason, I find Emma and S&S more innovative, and less cliche...

anyways, as for Emma Vs Aisha - Thumbs Down  I was so excited to watch the bolly adaptation of this book, and given what a huge fan of abhay deol i am in general, my expectations were only raised higher. the movie, its script, sonam's acting (or lack of it, in a role that i'd thought she would fit in like a glove too!) and the lack of character exploration in general - oh and, lack of smart dialogues too... its just all went on a down curve for me, just a little bit because of my impossibly high expectation too!

I happened to have seen 2009's BBC adaptation of the book, with Romala and JLM, and for some bizarre reason i kept expecting bollywood to match that standard. of course i was disappointed! i want to say i still managed to like abhay deol in his bits (and i absolutely loved trivedi's music) but the overall film was such a let down, that i couldn't focus enough on the occasional things i liked about it.

oh btw, i think the movie was also unfair to its side character actors, most of whom did a far better job than sonam herself. I like the girl in general as a person, but i really wish she could at least act to save her skin!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

DoJinElusiveDevotion

s.kundan

s.kundan

Posted: 31 May 2011 at 7:42am | IP Logged
I did not like the adaptation at all

Post Reply New Post

Go to top